AM I BANNED FROM THE DISCORD?

Pages: first 12 next last
KrimsonKatt
Gamedev by sunlight, magical girl by moonlight
Hello. It's me, KrimsonKatt. A couple months ago I posted a rant on the RMN discord about how I was upset that people were advocating for piracy (of current gen games) and hardcore drug use on general. I was then muted for 24 hours (fair enough) but a few hours later the entire server disappeared from my discord without warning. I was like "oh, okay, I was kicked off. I guess I'll just rejoin if I needed help again." So just yesterday I clicked on the discord link on RMN and accepted the new invite. However, it said "the invite could not be accepted" and kicked me off. This made me wonder, am I permabanned from the discord? Because I'm clearly not permabanned here. And if so, I find that a bit unfair since it was rightfully calling out rule abuses, even if I did it in an angry and rude way: a "things that suck about the RM community" list that included a lot of unnecessary fluff that just made things worse along with my criticisms of recent posts on general. I never got an email or discord notification or anything so am I permabanned from the discord? I thought I would just get a 24 hour long suspension for being rude. (and because libby doesn't like me lol) Anyone know what's going on? Thanks.
I'm not in the right place to respond to this as I'm not a mod or staff or anything, but there it goes.

Short answer: Yes, you're banned from Discord. But not from site.

The Discord server is usually more strict with certain stuff due to how person to person interactions differ between both. I think the site is way more lax, and usually harder to make something feel personal.

(You'll be better asking here anyway, we're still worshipping demons like there's no tomorrow there).
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I wasn't there for either the ban, or the rant in question. However, I know you've gone off on rants that go too far, and this makes you very hard to work for/with. Hell, you went off on such a rant while I was trying to help you with customizing counter-attacks maybe a month or so ago. I was pretty close to stopping what I was doing because it seemed to me that you weren't appreciating/respecting the time/effort I was willing to give. For whatever it's worth, I managed this, however, I don't know if that was the kind of thing you were looking for.
KrimsonKatt
author=Marrend
I wasn't there for either the ban, or the rant in question. However, I know you've gone off on rants that go too far, and this makes you very hard to work for/with. Hell, you went off on such a rant while I was trying to help you with customizing counter-attacks maybe a month or so ago. I was pretty close to stopping what I was doing because it seemed to me that you weren't appreciating/respecting the time/effort I was willing to give. For whatever it's worth, I managed this, however, I don't know if that was the kind of thing you were looking for.

Yeah, sorry about that. It seems like it's sorta my thing to go on crazy rants and get off topic which gets me in trouble. I can't really help it too much, though I try. It sorta comes with the territory of me being just a tad bit insane. (I'm on meds tho, have been for years) Apricate the help, I'll check out the link once I had time. Guess I really am banned off the discord then, but it's still weird that I never got a notification. I guess I'll just post in the regular forums here now I guess.
Getting banned from the discord doesn't usually reflect on the site unless you really fuck it up.

Getting banned from the site will get you banned from the discord, no questions.

But yes, to answer your question, we took discord away from you for breaking rules and doing the same shit over and again. The list was the last straw. Please don't do that here. I don't particularly like having to ban members, but I will if I feel it's warranted.
I'm quoting your rant for context because it was more than just piracy and drugs (all claims in it are pretty unsubstantiated and really do not reflect the server anyway). Most troublesome to me is you talking about anti-sleep as if insomnia isn't a medical condition.

It always seemed to me you were never happy in the Discord. And the comments about Demon worship really concern me. You go oddly specific; I've never been able to find any evidence for any of this. I think you need help. You know demons don't exist, right? That said, whatever your beliefs, it is NOT, and I repeat NOT, the job of the RMN mods to police the channel based on somebody's personal religion.

RMN community in a nutshell:
-Supports piracy of current gen games
-Anti sleep.
-Pro drug use including use of dangerous highly illegal substances like crack, LSD, and heroin.
-Hates the most mild of mistakes such as spelling errors and puts a game as a 1/10 because of thar but enjoys unfun mechanics and gameplay such as horror/chase segments and jumpscares.
-Huge victim complex.
-Hate boner for being challenged by anything, even when other people are trying to help.
-Extreme immaturity.
-Failing to properly explain situations and drama so that people can stay informed on what's happening so they don't misunderstand.
-Lots of new active members are demon cultists (worship the archfiends like Bael, Asherah, Asmodeus, Astaroth, etc) and aren't facing repercussions or bring challenged.
-Extreme bias towards certain individuals and relentless toxicity towards others.
When did this community get so toxic? First Pokemon now this? Why are all my favorite communities being ruined by toxic extremist inmature fatherless man baby trolls?

You talk about toxicity; though I had few interactions with you you were always nasty for no reason about my games. If I was a newbie or had a thinner skin I'd probably have left after those comments to be honest.

I think you need to step back, stay away from Discord for your own mental health (your nihilistic rants before this were also worrisome) and get back to gammak.

I mean the audacity to complain about your values being diminished and then use insults like the final line (fatherless). Grow up.

Or find a few demons to worship.

Personally I've always been fond of Slaanesh.
I play SMT religiously and no one can stop me. All hail Jack Frost
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Amy

Slaanesh is good, but if you're not worshipping Mephisto, it's just not worth it.
I was not there for the whole fiasco (wasn't even active on discord to begin with), but since i reviewed 3 of your games (with 2 being 1/5), i just want to clarify that i didn't give you that rating because of the grammar errors. I usually give that rating to games with a lot of game breaking bugs, especially those that happen in the main progression. Sorry if it leaves an impression like that.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=aquatorrent
I was not there for the whole fiasco (wasn't even active on discord to begin with), but since i reviewed 3 of your games (with 2 being 1/5), i just want to clarify that i didn't give you that rating because of the grammar errors. I usually give that rating to games with a lot of game breaking bugs, especially those that happen in the main progression. Sorry if it leaves an impression like that.

Don't be too hard on yourself. One of KrimsonKatt's quirks is to laser-focus on one thing and apply it overly broadly, ignoring the rest of what's being said to him. It makes trying to communicate with him at all difficult, and I'd image it's probably where misunderstanding like the "RMN userbase worships demons" thing comes from.

The fact that he makes games that are unable to be finished due to the fact he didn't want to test play the game for game-breaking bugs and then his big take-away from feedback is "people must just get REALLY pissed at misspelled words" isn't even the worst kind of generalization he's made.

It's also his response every time to being banned. It's always a banal (false) detail he claims as the reason, ignoring the more egregious actions he's taken, and he uses this to try to further the narrative that RMN and RMN staff are unfair.
When you comment on another people's work, if all that comes out is negative, you should conclude that "Your preferences and tastes differ too much to start a meaningful conversation" and discard your comment. Seek people you share common tastes and talk to them by giving positive feedback. You can include a few constrictive criticisms about the negatives if you showed interest in the positive aspects of their work.

author=Amy

Warhammer Fantasy Battle for the win !
author=unity
Don't be too hard on yourself. One of KrimsonKatt's quirks is to laser-focus on one thing and apply it overly broadly, ignoring the rest of what's being said to him. It makes trying to communicate with him at all difficult, and I'd image it's probably where misunderstanding like the "RMN userbase worships demons" thing comes from.

The fact that he makes games that are unable to be finished due to the fact he didn't want to test play the game for game-breaking bugs and then his big take-away from feedback is "people must just get REALLY pissed at misspelled words" isn't even the worst kind of generalization he's made.

It's also his response every time to being banned. It's always a banal (false) detail he claims as the reason, ignoring the more egregious actions he's taken, and he uses this to try to further the narrative that RMN and RMN staff are unfair.
thanks! now that i read it again, some of the points in the list might pass as a joke if it's being posted at different circumstances. i'm not sure if they are just having a bad day or something when they posted it, but i hope they will learn something from it later.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Discord... Chatting with humans in real time... My introverted nature says no.

I actually found your RMN list kind of funny, but its hard to see how you used in the the context of Discord. And you just admitted going on rants. I'm guessing your ban is justified??????????
Slaanesh is the worst Chaos god, Even Tzeentch is cooler than that one.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
author=Darken

Hii hoo~!
ESBY
extreme disappointment
author=Darken

hello darken, look at my icy boi
there he is, ready to pound the hee ho out of anyone
KrimsonKatt
author=Darken

SMT is fun. Playing Persona 4 right now and I'm about to move on to Devil Survivor. Really fun series, enjoy the gameplay a lot. Of course, that series is entirely fictional, but demons in real DO exist and they're nothing like they are in SMT because, you know, it's a work of fiction.

author=Ellie Jane
I'm quoting your rant for context because it was more than just piracy and drugs (all claims in it are pretty unsubstantiated and really do not reflect the server anyway). Most troublesome to me is you talking about anti-sleep as if insomnia isn't a medical condition.

It always seemed to me you were never happy in the Discord. And the comments about Demon worship really concern me. You go oddly specific; I've never been able to find any evidence for any of this. I think you need help. You know demons don't exist, right? That said, whatever your beliefs, it is NOT, and I repeat NOT, the job of the RMN mods to police the channel based on somebody's personal religion.

RMN community in a nutshell:
-Supports piracy of current gen games
-Anti sleep.
-Pro drug use including use of dangerous highly illegal substances like crack, LSD, and heroin.
-Hates the most mild of mistakes such as spelling errors and puts a game as a 1/10 because of thar but enjoys unfun mechanics and gameplay such as horror/chase segments and jumpscares.
-Huge victim complex.
-Hate boner for being challenged by anything, even when other people are trying to help.
-Extreme immaturity.
-Failing to properly explain situations and drama so that people can stay informed on what's happening so they don't misunderstand.
-Lots of new active members are demon cultists (worship the archfiends like Bael, Asherah, Asmodeus, Astaroth, etc) and aren't facing repercussions or bring challenged.
-Extreme bias towards certain individuals and relentless toxicity towards others.
When did this community get so toxic? First Pokemon now this? Why are all my favorite communities being ruined by toxic extremist inmature fatherless man baby trolls?

You talk about toxicity; though I had few interactions with you you were always nasty for no reason about my games. If I was a newbie or had a thinner skin I'd probably have left after those comments to be honest.

I think you need to step back, stay away from Discord for your own mental health (your nihilistic rants before this were also worrisome) and get back to gammak.

I mean the audacity to complain about your values being diminished and then use insults like the final line (fatherless). Grow up.

Or find a few demons to worship.

Yeah I was being really toxic there, I admit that. I was indeed having a bad day. Almost every day is a bad day for me when I'm constantly depressed and have to suffer through college with no meaning in my life whatsoever and zero friends or meaningful connections. I'm been a negative person for years and I don't know how to fix it. I can't even get therapy since that isn't free in America. I have no money, and my parents aren't proactive enough to get it for me. I'm pretty Misérables overall, but this isn't a soapbox. Time to get back to the main point.

Just to let you know, I did enjoy my time on discord. I was able to get a lot of useful advice and tips that really helped me when I had trouble. It's just that you specifically almost always saw me at my worst, and I can understand why you think I'm this trash person because you only saw my rants.

I'm witnessed a full on demonic possession and exoticism, and have had multiple interactions with the True God, legit. But that's besides the point. That's just my religion, and anyone is entitled to their own. I can tolerate most religions and respect their beliefs, but not all.

I will never respect Satanists, occultists, or cultists like JWs for example, but I respect Jews, other sects of Christianity, (unless they're homophobic/transphobic) Islam, Buddhism, Taoism, and even Shintoism and Hinduism to an extent even though they're pantheistic and don't worship the same gods as me. In the end, I really should have just pointed out that people were discussing illegal drugs and piracy in the general and leave it at that, not add all this extra junk ranting about demon worshipers and crap that weren't needed.

And yes, Insomnia exists, but you should still get sleep regardless. Weather you have insomnia or not getting little to no sleep is extremely unhealthy. There are plenty of legal drugs to help with this tremendously, like drugs that instantly cause you to fall asleep with little to no consequences. Or you could watch sleep hypnosis videos on YouTube.

Trust me, those 100% work. After all, the whole point of hypnosis is to get someone into a semi-lucid state so they become more suggestible. Even then, you cannot hypnotize someone into doing something they don't want to do, subconscious or not. Hypnosis to make someone fall asleep is easy peasy and can be done through a recording like on YouTube, so there is no excuse for someone to pull an all nighter just because they "feel like it." Sleep is important and should be one of your main priorities. Heck, some of my all-time happiest moments in the past few years were in my dreams, but sadly those dreams can never become reality because I have no money, no job, and not friends.

Finally, that lost sentence was ironic. Heck, a lot of it was actually ironic, and that's the biggest problem with it. I should have taken things seriously and addressed the main issues, the discussing of illegal drug use and piracy on the sever, and left it at that, not added in pointless fluff that added to the controversy.

author=aquatorrent

Yeah, the problem with those games were definitely their bugs. However, I am in the process of re-doing Meteo Chronicles from mostly the ground up. I'm currently on the second dungeon and this time the game will be fully playtested. I might even get some people to playtest it for me if I get bored with it, we'll see. Even if I get burnt out like last time, I'll take a break and work on it later like I did last time.

I'm really sorry if I sounded mean or anything in my responses and I understand the main problem was the game-breaking glitches. However, in your reviews it seemed to focus a lot more on the small things like story nitpicks and grammar errors instead of your main point which was that the game was unplayable due to glitches. There was also a lot of time spent on the lore not making sense because I forgot about some NPC lines early on that cause continuity errors. (like the characters being self aware that they're in a game for instance)

And not all my games are like that. Since my temporary ban and return I have released three games: Crypt Challenge EX, Lost Chronicles, and Meteo Chronicles. Two out of those three games are currently bug-free (I playtested them fully multiple times)and the third is no longer supported while a 2.0 update is being worked on that will eventually fix everything.

author=unity

Wow, that's come scathing criticism! I thought we were friends? I kid, I kid. But yeah, I really acted out of line many times in the past. However, you brought up that "KrimsonKatt has done worse things" and I think I know what you're talking about. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my previous ban on this main site as I said many times was unjustified.

My dad wrote that flagged review for Crypt Challenge DX, not me. My father even admitted this himself on Twitter and other socials. Yes, I did post that stupid homophobic rant, which I no longer stand by in any way, and apologized for. But according to the mods that isn't the reason I was banned. (even though it should have been honestly) The main reason was because the mods thought I posted a fake review which I didn't do in any way. My dad was the one who posted the review as I sent links out to friends and family asking for feedback.

Dad responded, but due to his IP being the same as mine they thought his account was an alt of mine (it wasn't) and I got banned. However, I did not fake that review in any way, shape, or form, and I still stand by that to this day. It was my dad who posted it, not me. The fact that you're brining up drama from 4 years ago is concerning. I thought everyone got over that years ago?

I never also never claimed it was some other thing that got me banned whenever I was banned from various things. I was banned from RMN for six months because I was accused of botting a review and when I tried to appeal it as it wasn't me who posted the review I was denied. In reality, I NEVER KNOW WHY I was banned because I never receive a message saying that I was and what the reason was. The same goes for various subs on Reddit, I just have to guess. Every time I'm banned from anything (except for the official RM forums, and even that was quite extreme) I'm never given a reason, just "lol you're permabanned deal with it." I just have to make an educated guess.

And I don't think the RMN staff is unfair in any way. They misunderstood the situation with the review for Crypt Challenge EX, and had legitimate reasons for doubting me. That is old drama and is far from relevant in the current day and age. That's not their fault and they were not being unfair, they acted within the information they knew. It's just kinda silly that people seem to hold grudges years later against me based on a situation that was just one big misunderstanding. I sorta expected to be kicked for 24 hours. That was my initial punishment, but somehow a few hours later it turned into a permaban out of nowhere. Maybe because so many people were dogging on me and calling for me to be banned? IDK I wasn't there, but if that did happen I can't help but draw comparisons to typical cancel culture. I didn't even do anything that bad. I didn't groom a minor or harass someone, I posted a dumb rant and that's it, and people were sick of my shenanigans, hounded on me, and then the mods banned me since they didn't like me either.

Finally, to make something blatantly honest, I left out the other parts of the rant because I thought it would cause people to sympathize with me more, and I really should have been more specific and self-criticizing rather than trying to hide all the other things I said just to look better. For that, I am very sorry. I am not perfect, no one is, and everyone makes mistakes. Me especially since I'm young, immature, and am very mentally unstable at all times due to my condition and can't really help it. I'm basically a 16/17 year old stuck in a 20 year old body which isn't as bad as some people, but it reflects poorly on me due to my bad decision making, anxiety, depression, nihilism, and tendency to form insane conspiracies when things don't go my way.
author=KrimsonKatt
Yeah, the problem with those games were definitely their bugs. However, I am in the process of re-doing Meteo Chronicles from mostly the ground up. I'm currently on the second dungeon and this time the game will be fully playtested. I might even get some people to playtest it for me if I get bored with it, we'll see. Even if I get burnt out like last time, I'll take a break and work on it later like I did last time.

I'm really sorry if I sounded mean or anything in my responses and I understand the main problem was the game-breaking glitches. However, in your reviews it seemed to focus a lot more on the small things like story nitpicks and grammar errors instead of your main point which was that the game was unplayable due to glitches. There was also a lot of time spent on the lore not making sense because I forgot about some NPC lines early on that cause continuity errors. (like the characters being self aware that they're in a game for instance)

And not all my games are like that. Since my temporary ban and return I have released three games: Crypt Challenge EX, Lost Chronicles, and Meteo Chronicles. Two out of those three games are currently bug-free (I playtested them fully multiple times)and the third is no longer supported while a 2.0 update is being worked on that will eventually fix everything.

You dont have to feel bad about it. I don't think of it like that, and i always welcome feedback for my reviews. Anyway, i just reread the meteo chronicles review and i dont think it focuses on the lore and grammar issue (please correct and point me which line that make you think that way if it is so i can understand it better). I might have some nitpicks on the story as you said, but again, they are just some nitpicks - i wont give it a 1/5 just because i couldnt agree on it. The actual issue lies elsewhere (including the game breaking bugs). Just because i wrote a lot of typo suggestions at the end of the review, it doesnt mean that i only care about it. I could just ship the review without it and the review wont change in a single word - that is just an added bonus to make it easier for you to fix them. As i said before, i'm glad to see that you are still fixing the game to make it better. I just want to clarify that it is not the story nor grammar that makes me give it a 1/5.

As for your negativity issue, im not a specialist, but since it seems that you regretted doing things that you did whenever you are in a bad mood, i got a good advice from someone (which i still do until now): try to take a break before posting anything until you are feeling better. Reflect on what you wrote, or even think what will you feel if you are the one who is getting that message.

A 1 star review that meets the site standards is valuable feedback. It's far more useful than no feedback.
Pages: first 12 next last