[RMMZ] SINGLE USE ATTACK BOOST?

Pages: 1
KrimsonKatt
Gamedev by sunlight, magical girl by moonlight
So I have a skill in my game called "Power Charge" which triples ATK for a single physical action. Once the action finishes the state expires, but the state exists for as long as you haven't done a physical attack. There is also a skill called "Mind Charge" that does the same thing but for MAT and magic attacks. Does anyone know how to accomplish this in MZ? Thanks.
It depends on what your game considers a "physical action" or a "magical action".

Whichever criteria it may use, you'll want a <JS Pre-End Action> section that check if the current action fits that state's erase criteria, then erase it.

This would yield a state that increases your ATK to 300% and is only erased when using an ability that fits the criteria for erasing. This should work for most cases. If it doesn't for you (for example, you have a healing skill that is ATK-based but doesn't fit the criteria for a physical action, and you don't want it to benefit from the 300% ATK buff) then you may want a <JS Pre-Start Action> that only buffs ATK if the physical action criteria passes (which also means it'll be erased at <JS Pre-End Action>

Uhnn,, probably something like that. The logic is there but I'm rusty on MZ syntax
KrimsonKatt
Okay, thanks! What code am I supposed to use? Because I don't know JavaScript. And don't worry about MZ syntax. For everything that isn't plugin based it's exactly the same as MV.
I can't help you with that because the erase criteria has to be defined by you. Different games decide differently on what counts as a physical attack or action. So you need to brush up a little on JavaScript and try to translate your own criteria into an if statement!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
A skill being a "physical attack" versus a "magical attack" might refer to the skill's Hit Type? This likely also interacts with the EX-Parameters of MEV (magic evasion) MRF (magic reflection), CNT (counter attack), as well as the SP-Paramaters of PDR (physical damage rate) and/or MDR (magic damage rate). The other option in the hit type drop-down is "Certain Hit", which is a hit type that does not interact with any of these variables/parameters.

*Edit: For what it's worth, there are constants in Game_Action that could delineate a skill's hit type. However, I would not know how to use that information to translate into usable code for VisuStella's plug-ins.
This is true when it comes to rpg maker internal logic (and there are some examples on yanfly tips and tricks that check skill type through this) but game design-wise, it really depends on what KrimsonKatt wants a physical skill to be. It could be any skill that uses ATK in the formula, regardless of the skill type setting, for example. Like a certain hit ATK-based heal. (Most heals will usually be MAT/Certain Hit, actually, instead of MAT/Magic Attack) Inversely, skills that deal no damage can still be physical-type to calculate physical evasion. Do they want these skills to consume the ATK/MAT buff?

Basically, you now need a clear rule for what you want your buff to work on or not, and then translate that rule into an if condition.
KrimsonKatt
Found the answer I was looking for. Apparently someone is in the process of translating every Yanfly Tips and Tricks to MZ on the official forum and they're nearly done. Here is the link for everyone who is interested: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/how-to-implement-every-possible-yanfly-tips-tricks-effect-in-mz-with-visustella-plugins.143816/
Pages: 1