[RMVX ACE] PERMISSION FOR A TUTORIAL?

Pages: 1
So many times, I have seen game makers (especially, new makers) asking how do I "Slide a bookcase to reveal a secret passage"? Even tutorials will tell you how to set the event up but, they never tell you where they got the bookcase that they used in the graphic box!
I would like to make a tutorial how to do just that (Gimp). I'm just unsure if it would be allowed as it may be considered a Gimp tutorial rather than a game tutorial. It's quite a bit of work so, I'd rather know now. Thanks
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
This is just my take on the topic, but, the premise of the tutorial would be to teach people how they could make a sliding bookcase, or a statue that can be moved, or whatever. It just so happens that one of the possible steps is to grab a graphic from a tileset, and turning it into a character sprite-sheet.
author=Marrend
This is just my take on the topic, but, the premise of the tutorial would be to teach people how they could make a sliding bookcase, or a statue that can be moved, or whatever. It just so happens that one of the possible steps is to grab a graphic from a tileset, and turning it into a character sprite-sheet.

That's how I see it because you can't set up the event if you don't have the proper graphic to begin with. Thanks, Marrend.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Can't you just take the bookcase from the tileset in the event window? Why do you have to make a new graphic for it?
author=pianotm
Can't you just take the bookcase from the tileset in the event window? Why do you have to make a new graphic for it?

Not if you want items you can push. You would need events for the top graphic and the bottom graphic. Also. making them isn't hard or time consuming, maybe 20 minutes.I made 12 different pushable items in an afternoon and I knew nothing about Gimp at the onset. Of course, I'm referring to two tile high graphics. Is there some way to do it without the eventing that I am unaware of? That would be great.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Just open your tileset in a graphics program, find the bookcase, and copypaste it to a character set.
author=pianotm
Just open your tileset in a graphics program, find the bookcase, and copypaste it to a character set.
Wow. I'll have to try that. Thank you, pianotm.
Charter Maker 1999 is do it easy, i think...
author=EgyLynx
Charter Maker 1999 is do it easy, i think...
I'll check it out. Thanks
Pages: 1