[RM2K3] [RM2K] HELP WITH GETTING EGYPTIAN STYLED MUSIC...

Pages: 1
I have been working on a bunch of games, but I have decided to update a very old game into a third game of the series...Danny's Adventure. This game is really old, it is, but it is a fair classic. Though I am making an update, Danny's Adventure 3!

In Danny's Adventure 3, the story is going to be around Danny and Jenny saving the world not from Bin Laden, or Hussein, rather this time, ISIS! Yes. This is somewhat nerve wrecking because the bosses of the game are going to be ISIS leaders, and you even have to fight the goddess ISIS, though there may be a plot twist with that where ISIS sends them into hell. This makes me somewhat nervous to make because yes. Controversial even. Though I have also done art in the day that has made people angry when I was even in high school but those days are long over!

Though I am running into a creative bump in the road. Though this is somewhat 'located' in Egypt, Syria, that sort of thing, I have been looking around the net for some Egyptian styled midis, it is RPG Maker 2000 we're talking here. And I don't know if anyone knows of an Egyptian styled battle music or some 'standard' midi files I could be using for music? I have 2000, 2003, and XP music, and VX music as midis. Browsing the internet has pointed me in the direction of a RPG Maker cd through steam but the music really isn't that great. Any pointers where I could be looking via the internet? This is proving to be kinda tricky. :<

KrimsonKatt
Gamedev by sunlight, magical girl by moonlight
Here are some good options, though you'll have to convert them yourself or find a website that supplies midi versions of these songs.

Battle Theme (From Kingdom Hearts 2 for PS2)

Area Theme 1 (From Mario and Luigi Partners in Time for DS)

Town Theme (From The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U)

Area Theme 2 (From Castlevania Portrait of Ruin for DS)

Boss Theme (From Castlevania Portrait of Ruin for DS)

Final Boss Theme (From Persona 3 FES for PS2)

Here is a good website for finding midis for classic games. (I used it before I learned of .OGG supremacy.) All of the songs I listed should be on there except for maybe BotW as the Wii U is a relatively new console with not a lot about it figured out yet.

https://www.vgmusic.com

Making a game where you kill ISIS terrorists shouldn't be too controversial as almost everyone can get behind killing radical extremist terrorists, but making the goddess ISIS the final boss is a bit iffy. I have a better idea. How about you make Set, the god of evil in Egyptian mythology, the REAL villain who has possessed Isis' body and pretends to be Allah to deceive the ISIS organization into doing his bidding. In the ending you free the goddess who sends all the remaining members of the ISIS organization to the Egyptian afterlife to be consumed by Sobek, a crocodile god in Egyptian mythology who consumes the souls of evildoers so that they can't enter the afterlife. Sobek looks like SCP-682 if you need reference.

Also for some clarification, ISIS is an ISLAMIST terrorist group, meaning that they don't worship the Egyptian gods. In fact, they would find such an act highly blasphemous and worthy of death. It would be far more historically accurate to have fake Isis (actually Set) be a false god that the terrorists believe to be Allah/God, the biblical god of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. Muslims believe in the same god as Christians and Jews and even Jesus but have different beliefs about said God and don't believe Jesus to be God, just another prophet. Finally, in the ending the True Biblical God sits in heaven wondering why aeons (lesser gods/demigods that the True God sent to biblical flood specifically to destroy) like Isis and Set were able to survive the purge of 9999, and wonders if other aeons could have survived as well, setting up a possible sequel.

Also, make sure you don't add any stereotypes into your game and make sure to do plenty of research so you're not culturally insensitive. Even still, you might get criticism involving your game being a "white savior" plot if the main characters are white, but that's to be expected with a sort of plot like this and kinda happens all the time in real life. (people from western countries fighting battles for the locals in the middle east because the government there is too unstable and chaotic) After all that you should be good.
I do visit vgmusic.com, though I haven't really found much in terms of "egyptian style" midis, really. OGGS are kinda like mp3-wav ish but I can't remember what the difference is, a lot of games use them and newer RPG Makers.
I like this idea though. Not bad, actually. My hat goes off to you good sir. Danny's Adventure goes back pretty far though, probably around when RPG Maker 2000 came out with games like Legend of the Sacred Fish and Nightmare of the Elven Realm, or that game I hate Super Columbine Massacre RPG. Fuck that game.
I like where that idea is going though. I was going to make the story revolve around Set as well, actually, where ISIS seems to be heavily involved with SET but it isn't really known until it's revealed in the storyline. ISIS would also be bosses as well - the organization. It feels weird to me, doing something like this. But it is RPG Maker. :) I think I might have to read up again on this sort of thing - get some history straight, and all. Well played. Thanks a lot though, I didn't even think about that first song, actually.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I kinda feel RedMask might be somebody to ask? They seem more in tune with African culture in a general sense than other users on this site. I don't know if they can direct you to specifically Egytian stuff, but, if anybody could direct you, I figure it could be them.

Though, if I am to link stuff I would consider Egyptain-themed, I guess I could throw down some classic Civilization 2...

...and some Persona 5.

KrimsonKatt
Gamedev by sunlight, magical girl by moonlight
You can find all the songs I mentioned on VG music, just in Midi format. You can't use OGGs for a RM2K project, only Midis work for engines made before VX/VX Ace. And then starting with MV the engine REQUIRED OGGs. So yeah. Maybe you won't find the midis for Breath of the Wild, (a 2017 game) but all the other songs were from older consoles (PS2, DS, etc) and from games that came out in the early-mid 2000s (around the time RPG Maker first was localized) that all used Midis for music. I would link you the pages, but OSTs on VG music don't have specific URLs, they're all held on a single page per console that lists every OST for that console in alphebetical order. I specifically remember getting the midi for "Seymour Battle" from Final Fantasy X on that site to use in Zero Gear Fighters, so I know they have PS2 midis. And if they have PS2 midis, they definitely have DS midis. The original DS is by far the easiest console to rip from and the PS2 is one of the hardest, so safe to say they have all the songs I listed somewhere on that site. You just have to find them yourself as there are no individual pages for OSTs.
Marrend
I think 2K3 can accept MP3s? 2K, probably not so much, though, I don't exactly have a ready copy to test that theory!
2k3 does accept Mp3 support, actually. There's no theory behind that one, though one needs a better computer to run games efficiently. I'm actually good with audio, so I knew that one. I've done audio mixing and made at least 300 songs, though not all good...
Marrend
One more from Final Fantasy 5.

Hmm. Not bad actually. Though I kinda wish that there could be a midi pack of musics for RPG Maker that are made kinda similarly to RPEG's default music, just less like RPG Maker 2000 since a lot of the 2000 music is just bad. When XP came out I was actually impressed by how much better the music had gotten. 2000 just has this goofball feel. 2003 had some decent music though.
Pages: 1