[RMMV] NEED KAREN SPRITE FOR MOTHER'S DAY PROJECT

Pages: 1
KrimsonKatt
Gamedev by sunlight, magical girl by moonlight
So I'm making a game to celebrate mothers day, the plot featuring me and my mom teaming up to beat up a transphobic Karen who's harassing me. Problem is is that to my knowledge no "karen boss sprite" exists on the internet that I can steal use. Can anyone please make a karen boss sprite for me so I can finish my mother's day project? @Mirak, can you please do something with this? Thanks!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Not even sure if it's what you're even talking about, but Googling "karen battle sprite" returned a non-zero number of results (some of which would count as a battler sprite) of a boss/trainer from Pokemon?
KrimsonKatt
I'm talking about the meme of Karen. I know Karen is a character from Pokemon. I've played gold and silver. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the meme of those middle aged women, stereotypically blonde, overweight, and with the same short haircut who harass retail workers and random people and cause a massive scene. Them these crazy ladies get recorded and put on the internet for everyone to mock. It's a whole phenomenon. I'm surprised you haven't heard of it. It's super big. I want a sprite representing this meme of a crazy middle aged lady. Here is a couple reference:

Written Sources:

What exactly is a 'Karen' and where did the meme come from? - BBC News
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-53588201

Karen - KnowYourMeme
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/karen

Image Sources:

Image of a Karen

Multiple infamous Karens who made the news

A more monstrous version of a karen monster, done as a DnD stat block

Edit: I basically want the DnD Monster version of the "karen" done as a sprite, full body. That's it. Sorry I wasn't that clear before.
Marrend
You're talking to the guy that didn't know the "What's 9+10? 21." meme/vine/dumb joke when that was, apparently, popularly known. So, why would I know about "Karen"s?
KrimsonKatt
IDK. I thought everyone knew. I guess your the type of guy who's always living under a rock, huh? Not aware of any trends whatsoever. You know Minecraft? Among Us? The Chris Rock VS Kayne slap? (which was incredibly recent and all over the news) The Johnny Depp VS Amber Heard court meeting? That one was right out of Ace Attorney and it's still going on as we speak! But my guess you don't know what ace attorney is, or anything of what I just mentioned. Since, you know, you're like Patrick Star and live under a rock. (this was all a joke/scarcasm please don't take it seriously)

Anyways I gave you some sources. Maybe you can read up on what a "Karen" is and come back to me with that? Maybe read up on some other memes? Widen your thought. Or you get someone else to help me? I heard Mirak is good at making sprites. I even mentioned him in my original post but since RMN doesn't have an @ feature it's useless unless I PM him myself. I'm sorry, but I think you're in the minority when it comes to not knowing what a karen is. Even my grandma knows and she can barely even turn on her phone!

It's sad that these forums are so devoid of life. It's just you, me, one other guy I can't remember the name of, and a few newbies with like 0 makerscore who post like 1 or 2 things before leaving forever. Everyone's on discord now, and all other alternatives to here I'm banned from.
KrimsonKatt
Marrend
You waited on this thread all of one day before deciding that people weren't going to help. How does this make people want to work with you in any capacity? I won't pretend to know why you thought more responses to this thread could come earlier than that.

Besides, why didn't you PM Mirak instead? I suspect as-so-much that you knew that tagging people with "@" wouldn't work within the context of this form, and the complaint is just for show, and looking for pity.
KrimsonKatt
Why are you so angry? I did nothing wrong. I made the sprite myself because I wasn't getting a response fast enough. Why is that something to get angry over? I'm not looking for pity. Where did you get that idea? I don't need anyone's pity, I just needed help and all I got was rude and condescending responses from you and only you. And about your questions, I only thought to PM Mirak AFTER I made the thread. And it was 2 days, not 1 I waited for a response. I'm sorta on a time limit here.

On other platforms like reddit or discord, it usually only takes around a day for people to respond to me. I wake up the next morning, and suddenly there's 2-10 responses depending on how much the post blows up. On here there's just you and me and that's it. No activity whatsoever. It would probably take months for me to get a response that isn't from you, if that.

I needed a sprite for my mothers day project so I asked and the only one who responded was you. And from my experience, I could wait weeks on this forum with no responses, which once again is because it's basically dead with almost no active users. Every day I wait is one day past mother's day, and the longer I wait the more likely I'll forget about it and the more likely my mom will be mad.

I'm fine waiting for things as long as I know that they are coming. I waited for Kingdom Hearts III for two years after I got my PS4 solely to play it. I waited 6 months for Akashics to literally say or do anything on his patreon while he took a massive hiatus. I waited weeks for my Zero Gear Chronicles OC comissions to go through. I'm a patient guy, I just need to know that the things actually are coming or I get impatient.
author=KrimsonKatt
I waited for Kingdom Hearts III for two years after I got my PS4 solely to play it.

Wait 'til you find out how long a lot of other people were waiting for Kingdom Hearts III.

Also, I seriously think you need to change your approach on how you ask people for help and react when you don't get an answer as quickly as you would like, because it's coming off as self-serving. I really get this air that you expect people to contribute.

No one here is obligated to make you things, and you shouldn't take it as some great offense when you don't get something that you're putting out a call for (and for free), rather than approaching someone and asking "Hey, can you make this for me?"
Just a thought. Maybe asking for help MORE than one day before the deadline would be a better way of hitting that deadline on time.

Also just a thought. Maybe the reason no one responded wasn't due to lack of activity, but rather a lack of interest? Personally, I would have been happy to help, but after seeing how disrespectfully you responded to other members of the community who were simply seeking perspective on your request, I didn't think it would be worth my time or effort to do something completely for free for someone who I didn't think would appreciate the effort. And clearly, you've displayed that you're capable of solving these issues yourself, so what reason would I have to do it for you?

The devs in this community work hard on their projects. They put in a ton of effort, and when they do ask for help, it's usually with some sort of intent to repay the favor somehow, be it through resources, monetary compensation, or even a review of their works. Nothing comes free.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Strak
Just a thought. Maybe asking for help MORE than one day before the deadline would be a better way of hitting that deadline on time.

Also just a thought. Maybe the reason no one responded wasn't due to lack of activity, but rather a lack of interest? Personally, I would have been happy to help, but after seeing how disrespectfully you responded to other members of the community who were simply seeking perspective on your request, I didn't think it would be worth my time or effort to do something completely for free for someone who I didn't think would appreciate the effort. And clearly, you've displayed that you're capable of solving these issues yourself, so what reason would I have to do it for you?

The devs in this community work hard on their projects. They put in a ton of effort, and when they do ask for help, it's usually with some sort of intent to repay the favor somehow, be it through resources, monetary compensation, or even a review of their works. Nothing comes free.

Well said! And we've seen this kind of behavior from this user again and again, asking for help and then treating people who respond like crap.

It all stems from a massive sense of entitlement from KK, where they want things free, fast and without questions or compensation. Most of us at this point just don't respond to their threads for this very same reason. We've all learned to just ignore them, because any other action means wasting our time.

Not to mention this is someone who is so entitled that they have and will badmouth people who provide resources and assets to the community just because they feel they're entitled to more, faster and sooner.

They sprinkle in these flimsy grievances constantly, and you can even see that behavior in this thread! They view the very people who have made essential building blocks of their own projects as bad people who should be taken down a peg! This is how they treat people who have been doing good work for the community for years!

The whole summary of this very thread is "user wanted someone to make something for them for a game they are already late on delivering, who got impatient immediately and just made the thing anyway." The literal best response is just to ignore them, because they'll be forced to make it themselves or live without it.

tldr: You see a KK thread, you ignore that thread, and everyone (KK included) will be happier
^This

But also, maybe next time try to do it yourself first. That's what most people do. If they fail, then they have an example to show others what they mean.

Treating people that you're asking for help like they're idiots because you didn't explain what you wanted well enough is why people don't want to help you. Next time you need something:
- try to make it yourself first
- give a description of what you actually need, assuming that people have no idea what it is
- don't get upset just because someone asks for clarification or point out that your request is lacking in some way
Pages: 1