Lap Nap

Monkeying Around

It's MINE!!!

Cuddles
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
My cat named Shodan

and her extremely dejected bored face
Shodan contemplate destroying humanity...after they get her tuna.
Well since my last update both Frank, the dapper gerbil, and Sakura, the leaper of faith, have passed away. I'm guessing Frank was just dealt a bad hand genetically since 2 years is the bottom part of the range for their life expectancy. Albeit, I don't know how old Frank was when my co-worker bought her or how long she had him for either. As it stands, my best educated guess is that he was probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 years and 3 months or 2 years and 4 months at most. This is because I assume it takes a coupe of weeks to wean a gerbil. And that my co-worker probably had Frank for a month or two before deciding to get rid of him for being too bitey.

As for Sakura I came home to find her bottom covered in blood and feces. So I'm not entirely sure what happened to her. My best educated guess is she developed some kind of cyst or tumor in her digestive tract. Though if it was a cyst it may have been in her ovaries as well since I never bred her. Admittedly the average lifespan for a Syrian hamster tends to be around 2 - 3 years as well. So she was actually fairly old for a hamster when she died. I suppose that is the sad part when you get such small animals. They don't tend to last very long and can develop nasty tumors or other internal issues in a short period of time.

Jeez, I remember one mouse being fine one day to having a tumor about half the size of my thumb the very next night.

In brighter news I have picked up a few more pocket pets. After all, I like to keep my tanks occupied and can't dwell on issues that are sometimes beyond my control.

To replace Frank I got a pair of gerbils. One of them is named Kuro (black) and the other is named Shiroi Hi-Ge (Whitebeard). After all, why not name a pair of hamster after infamous pirates from One Piece. Even if those characters are male. These are the rule 63 versions if they also happened to be gerbils.

Sadly they aren't trying to cuddle here but are desperately fighting for control over a rope toy with a tennis ball attached to it.

I'll admit my name selection for this one was a bit weird, but this is Miss Grey whose named after one of my deceased Grandma's cats. The cat in question also passed away a long time ago.

About the only thing I can say about Miss Grey is that she's pretty quick on her little legs and likes to hide. So much so that I've only caught a few glimpses of her since putting her in Frank's old tank. Though I do plan on moving her over to Sakura's tank when I clean it out later today.

And I finally got some more feeder mice to put in my pair of connected bin cages. I decided to be lazy and just name all six of them Shiro since there all the same color. I suppose I could have picked up some mice on another day, but I figured it would be best to get all of my new little friends at the same time since it takes about 30 minutes for me to get to my nearest pet store by car. And most of that ride is down an interstate highway.

And in other news my mom is still wanting me to replace Sol with a pair of guinea pigs in the future. I guess she figures there easier to handle. And she probably isn't entirely wrong about that.
Pages: 1