EXCEED THE MAXIMUM LIMIT OF 4 CHARACTERS ON A TEAM ? [RMMZ]

Pages: 1
Disclaimer: Sorry for my English

Hello Makers !

I program my first game thanks to RMMZ and I have some difficulties...

I looking for a Script/Plugin to exceed the maximum limit of 4 characters on a team.

Let me explain, already I would like 5 playable characters in the team and I want to make a combat summoning system. The invocations will be "fictional" characters and when a spell is cast the invocation will appear.
I have no JavaScript knowledge. For the moment, it would be too complicated for me to create an entire script...
After 3 days of searching without results, I ask for your help! A complete script or just an idea will be welcome

Thanks in advance !
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Game_Party.prototype.maxBattleMembers = function() {
    return 4;
};

This is the default code that's in MZ that limits the party size to 4. What you could theoretically do is go into rmmz_objects.js, and change it to say `return 5` instead. However, I largely recommended to not mess with the default data files. It should be a fairly simple plug-in to write...

/*:
* @target MZ
* @plugindesc Small, miscellaneous scripts
* @help misc.js
* This plugin is a collection of mini-scripts that are too small to distribute by themselves. There are no commands associated with any of them.
* Here's a run-down of the things this does:
* -Sets the battle-party size to 5, instead of 4.
*/

// Set party size.
Game_Party.prototype.maxBattleMembers = function() {
    return 5;
};

...and you can add to it later with other, similar small edits in the future. The summoning system you have in mind might not be included in such a plug-in concept.
Just one thinks : THANK YOU

I didn't think it was so simple
Hi,

My project has progressed well! Still about having 5 playable characters.
Now, i would like that : the 4 secondary characters follow the main character on the maps.
Do you have a line that I could add to this mini plugin to configure this ?
Marrend
Isn't that just an option? Like, the ability to have followers on/off is a thing you can enable/disable at either the System tab of the database, or I think there's an event-command that does it?
Sorry, it's a bad manipulation because of me, my problem is solved. I have 5 followers in my overworld. (1 hour for nothing)

However, I see that the line you sent me belongs to a "mini-script" set. Could you give me a link or something ? If that doesn't bother you...

I feel that these basic scripts will allow me to exploit things a bit ;)
Marrend
I don't necessarily have a link to that particular script/plug-in. I do, however, have a file called `marrend_misc.js` that I put into (almost) any MZ project I make. As to what it does, I'll quote the file's comments.

* Here's a run-down of the things this does:
* -Noramlizes actor EXP growth into something akin to D&D 3rdE's curve.
* -Removes LUK as a factor from determining state application.
* -Adds LUK as a factor in determine critical hit amounts.
* -Adds a "rest_all" script-call to restore health/mana/status to all available actors, even if they are not in the party.
* -Enables CTRL as a fast-forward button for text.

If I have specific small-type edits to a game (which I do here), that's a separate file.
Interesting...

I use two plugins for my invocation system:
-SRD_Summoncore --> To summon sv_actors in battle
-VisuStella MZ BattleCore --> To transform summoned sv_actors into sv_enemy style image. (A little clunky to use this plugin just for this thing...)

To be honest, I don't know if SRD_Summoncore heals the actors summoned at the end of the fight.

Maybe "rest_all" is a good option to heal summons.

It's always good to take ;)
I was also interested in:

Add a part of LUK to critical damage.
Game_Action.prototype.applyCritical = function(damage) {
actor = this.subject();
return (damage + (actor.luk/16)) * 2;

of the .js in question, if I understand correctly, "actor.luk" is parameterized by the parameter curve framed in red? I am right ?

It inspires me, why not create a class with gameplay playing on this parameter.

Thank you for sharing all this with me ;)
Marrend
I understand correctly, "actor.luk" is parameterized by the parameter curve framed in red? I am right?

Correct. While the stat is called "Luck", it has no effect on the anything that involves random number generation. Such as the ability to hit, evade, or ability to perform a critical strike. Well, I guess luck has a hard-coded effect involved in status application in regards to it's RNG, but, those other cases I named are certainly more associated with luck than mere status avoidance.
Too bad this parameter is not volarized natively...
In any case, thanks to this script, a critical damage stat according to the level appears. It's cool !

Last question on this subject: The luck points attributed by items or events are added to the "actor.luk" variable. Or this variable is only parameterized by the Luck parameter curve ?

Another thing, is there a bank listing the commands that can be called by a script?
I could start doing some basic scripting. I only found the code interpretation of the event commands...
Marrend
Last question on this subject: The luck points attributed by items or events are added to the "actor.luk" variable. Or this variable is only parameterized by the Luck parameter curve ?

The effective answer to this query is that it would take the base-line value from the level-table, plus/minus equipment, then apply any stat multipliers from equipment and/or states. For example, a sword that grants +10 to atk would only actually grant +5 to an actor with a 50% atk debuff applied, if that makes more sense.

Another thing, is there a bank listing the commands that can be called by a script?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "bank listing". If it pertains to the total on-hand cash of the party, that's an easily obtained value from event-commands. However, if you need that value for a plug-in, I think it would be `$gameParty.gold()`.

*Edit: If there is one thing that is nagging me at the back of my head, it's that the party-window in combat is fitted/optimized to showcase four party members, and you want up to five.

Window_BattleStatus.prototype.maxCols = function() {
    return 5;
    //return 4;
};

That could fix that a bit.
The answer for how "actor.luk" is constructed is understood!

My second question was not understandable, sorry. This was not about a gold script. But on scripts in general.
I rephrase:
There is a data bank that classifies all the commands that can be integrated into a script ? as:

*Window_BattleStatus. prototype. maxCols
*Game_Action.prototype.applyCritica
*Game_Party. prototype. maxBattleMembers

Concerning the combat window to be configured to exceed the 4 characters. VisuStella MZ BattleCore has solved this problem ! I arrive at a final rendering like this, in extreme case (5 character + 1 Invocation).

But thank you for your anticipation !
author=NoobMaker
There is a data bank that classifies all the commands that can be integrated into a script ? as:

*Window_BattleStatus. prototype. maxCols
*Game_Action.prototype.applyCritica
*Game_Party. prototype. maxBattleMembers

The core scripts in your game folder are presented in a readable form - if you look in the rmmz_windows.js you can find all the functions that are part of the base engine windows, rmmz_objects.js has all of the Game_xxx classes for actors, party, item etc.

If you study those, with a general javascript reference to look up anything you don't understand, you'll be able to figure out what functions are available and what they do.
Thanks !
I didn't have the reflex to look in these .js.
I was able to do things thanks to this, like modifying the options menu and setting up the keymapping.

But I'm stuck on something else now.

How to call a common event after a scripted or random fight?
Pages: 1