VXACE YANFLY BATTLE ENGINE

Pages: 1
I have been adding scripts recently and all has gone well until now. I added the Yanfly Battle Engine and all seems to working as it should until I try to engage in a player touch Battle Processing event. Random encounters work perfectly, however. When I engage in Battle Processing, the screen goes black and I get the following error:

Script Window_Selectable' line 61: ZeroDivisionError occurred.
divided by 0

I know scripts are made up of lines but, if there is something simple I could do to fix this, I would do it. Otherwise, I will just do without the script all together. I don't want to be a bother to anyone.

The line that says Introduction is Line 60. So, the line that is a string of equal signs and hyphens is Line 61.

This is the working link to the entire script.
https://github.com/Archeia/YEARepo/blob/master/Ace_Battle_Engine.rb

60# ¥ Introduction
61# =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
# Ace Battle Engine works as a foundation for future battle engine add-ons. It
# allows for easier management of the battle engine without adding too many
# features, allowing users to customize what they want as they see fit. While
# the Ace Battle Engine isn't an entirely new engine, it gives users control
# that RPG Maker VX Ace didn't originally give them.
THank you.

Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
Well first of all, the error message tells you that the error occurred at Window_Selectable not Ace Battle Engine.

Window_Selectable is a default script though. But apparently in line 61 something is trying to set col_max to 0. Maybe either you have some script configured wrong or maybe the order is wrong.

[(item_max + col_max - 1) / col_max, 1].max]

The things to check is to make sure you placed the custom scripts in correct order, and make sure you manually save the project again after making script changes, and test with a new save instead of old save, and make sure there's nothing wrong with your Troops tab itself, and your character's battle commands (since the "column max" is probably about the battle command menu).
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
I see that Ace Battle Engine define col_max to return $game_party.max_battle_members in one part, and something about number of enemies in another part, so check these 2 things

-Did you incorrectly set max battle members to zero somewhere? Do you have yanfly's Party System script and if so, is it above Ace Battle Engine, as I think it should be? As is the Party System settings configured correctly?

-Did you check the Troops of the encounter, and does it actually have valid enemies still? Did you delete an enemy from the database and forgot this Troop uses those enemies?
I will check the order of scripts. I have yanfly core, party system set to 5 max. and the battle engine. Not that I know anything about scripts, but it could be a troop issue. Thank you very much, Dyluck
author=Dyluck
I see that Ace Battle Engine define col_max to return $game_party.max_battle_members in one part, and something about number of enemies in another part, so check these 2 things

-Did you incorrectly set max battle members to zero somewhere? Do you have yanfly's Party System script and if so, is it above Ace Battle Engine, as I think it should be? As is the Party System settings configured correctly?

-Did you check the Troops of the encounter, and does it actually have valid enemies still? Did you delete an enemy from the database and forgot this Troop uses those enemies?

It was a troop issue. Thank you for suggesting that possibility:)

Pages: 1