SCREENSHOT SUBMISSION SIZES

Pages: 1
Game I tried uploading got denied because "the screenshots were slightly too big".
So I went to resize them, but either I'm very bad at looking for stuff, or the submission guidelines don't specify an exact image size range for screenshots.
What would a good image size be for screenshots?
624 pixels wide (MV default) manages to avoid having scroll bars.
If you look at the images on the public profile for your game, they probably have a scroll bar (which makes the game page look worse than it should).
If you can avoid scrollbars, that should be enough.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
When I upload images for MZ games, I typically re-size the graphic down. I think it's about 75% of the original size? I know the resulting images are 612 pixels by 486, since I can look that up pretty quickly. However, I don't specifically recall what the default resolution for MZ is. I feel it's likely similar to MV's default resolution?

*Edit: Though, if I were to make an educated guess, the size would probably be somewhere around 640 x 480.

*Edit2: For what it's worth, there is a link to how to take a screenshot in the sumbision rules, which includes this blurb...

5. Resize the Image Attributes to at least a size that you can see details easily. Less than 1080p would be best due to most monitor sizes and site stretching issues.

...which, well, it's a start?

The main thing though, as coelocanth mentioned, is about presentation. You want to be able to present your screenshots so that they can be digested easily. For example, if a game has an image where maybe half of it can fit on the screen at any given time, that's too large! Maybe being able to see at least 95% of a screen capture at a time would be okay, but I'm either on submission queue, nor privvy to the details of how big your images were versus how they would look on your gamepage.

*Edit3: For reference purposes, MZ's default resolution is 816 x 624. So, yeah, the ones I upload are 75% the original size.
My rule of thumb when doing the queue was that if only half the image or less could be seen, to deny it. I do think it's best for presentation if people can see most of the image on the page, though, if not all.

Pages: 1