WHAT DO YOU DO?

Pages: first prev 12 last
Kentona, you tell the best dad jokes.
How do you like bartending? How did you get into it?
Doing a certificate in asian studies, more precisely on China and Japan, while working in a shop where we sell stamps and coins. My freetime is devoted to my RPG, photography and scriptwriting.
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=2636.msg49378#msg49378 date=1228519567

it's pretty awesome. i actually went into the bar one day, early meeting my friends and started talking to this man. turned out he was the owner and offered me a job. good timing i guess!
author=Abite link=topic=2636.msg49394#msg49394 date=1228523798
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=2636.msg49378#msg49378 date=1228519567

it's pretty awesome. i actually went into the bar one day, early meeting my friends and started talking to this man. turned out he was the owner and offered me a job. good timing i guess!

Dude you didn't go to "school"?

You have better luck than me. I'm all certified and shit but I don't have the time to get a job during the semester. : (
I teach english at a high school and three kindergartens.

It's nice for now. Lots of freedom and good conditions.
I hold the luxurious positions of class "guy who mutters to himself a lot and laughs at the wrong things" and class "guy who doesn't ever seem to complain" at my IB school. I'm satisfied with that.
author=Fallen-Griever link=topic=2636.msg49095#msg49095 date=1228395396
Right now, I'm working towards my PhD in Chemistry. Hopefully I'll be able to make people call me a doctor in a few years time.

Lost ambition for me. I made it as far as 2nd year Masters Chemistry but I decided to stop because of how boring it got with physical chemistry and organo-arrows. I don't want a career in that tbh but I respect people that'll preach chemistry with so much enthusiasm (main reason why I chose to study it).

Right now I'm thinking of taking the retakes but Quantum Mechanics and Organic Synthesis is failing me so I'm looking at a career somewhere else. Not many options though as I chose Physics, Chemistry and Biology for A Levels. Probably will go to healthcare as I enjoy taking care of sick people...
author=aprilschild link=topic=2636.msg50406#msg50406 date=1229074044

You have better luck than me. I'm all certified and shit but I don't have the time to get a job during the semester. : (

'school'? i went to university... actually i had a "real" job for a while, but the company closed down this month so i went back to the part time bartending/serving job i've always had whenever i need a quick buck.

if you mean bartending school- no, i didn't do that... i hear its fun and useful though :) (useful for bartender or partyanimal... lol)
author=ankylo link=topic=2636.msg50709#msg50709 date=1229294462
author=tsimehC link=topic=2636.msg50563#msg50563 date=1229189169
author=Fallen-Griever link=topic=2636.msg49095#msg49095 date=1228395396
Right now, I'm working towards my PhD in Chemistry. Hopefully I'll be able to make people call me a doctor in a few years time.

Lost ambition for me. I made it as far as 2nd year Masters Chemistry but I decided to stop because of how boring it got with physical chemistry and organo-arrows. I don't want a career in that tbh but I respect people that'll preach chemistry with so much enthusiasm (main reason why I chose to study it).

Right now I'm thinking of taking the retakes but Quantum Mechanics and Organic Synthesis is failing me so I'm looking at a career somewhere else. Not many options though as I chose Physics, Chemistry and Biology for A Levels. Probably will go to healthcare as I enjoy taking care of sick people...

Do this ---> Healthcare Information Technology

it's going to EXPLODE
Hey guess what? That IS what I am doing!
I work retail full-time in several postions that are not manager. I then go home and rot with my family in urban decay. Life is shit. right now.

I was originally attending college in Indiana for DMA, or Animation. My lack of work ethic did me in and now I am but a hollow shell with no passions.
author=Abite link=topic=2636.msg50570#msg50570 date=1229196451
author=aprilschild link=topic=2636.msg50406#msg50406 date=1229074044

'school'? i went to university... actually i had a "real" job for a while, but the company closed down this month so i went back to the part time bartending/serving job i've always had whenever i need a quick buck.

if you mean bartending school- no, i didn't do that... i hear its fun and useful though :) (useful for bartender or partyanimal... lol)

Yeah, I meant "School" = bartending school and School (without quotation marks) as university : ).

Bartending school is pretty sweet, though. I did a cram course, one week. It hurt my brain, but it was a fun experience.

Now, to actually... get a job... that whole university thing is getting in the way, though.
I'm a lazy teenager, though I hope to one day be a lazy author. :D

EDIT: This summer I'm going to try to get a job at like a Blockbuster or bookstore or movie theater or something.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Published author with a second book in the works.
Odd-job artist with minimal to no pay (more of a hobby really).
Full-time station attendant at Air Canada (almost free flight benefits and discounts across Toronto + a terrific union).
Part-time slave (whenever I visit my parents).
author=Dudesoft link=topic=2636.msg50896#msg50896 date=1229426913
Published author with a second book in the works.

That's awesome man. I've always wanted to write a book of my own.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=demondestiny link=topic=2636.msg50903#msg50903 date=1229437632
That's awesome man. I've always wanted to write a book of my own.

Hey, what I tell everyone is; you can! It's like babysteps really. Each day do a little, so little as a sentence will do it. Before long you'll be doing paragraphs and chapters at a time. We post on forums and chat all the time, words spewing from our fingertips... Just turn those words to your story, and don't be afraid to fail... that's what revision / second drafts are for!
:>

author=Canuck link=topic=2636.msg50902#msg50902 date=1229436335
Link to the book?
Bubblegum Wishes in my signature. ;) Supplies are running thin though.
Pages: first prev 12 last