BOARD GAME STAGES & LEVELS?

Pages: 1
So I'm thinking of implementing a board game style gimmick to a dungeon, though I'm not entirely sure how it will be done yet. I'd love to have the player go up against 3 other NPC's in some way, but this may just be too crazy with all the variables and things that could break along the way. Also, you know, TIME..

What I'm wondering is, what other games have used ideas similar to this? The only one that I can think of is in Banjo Kazooie there was a kind of board game called 'Grunty's Furnace Fun' which was pretty cool. I'm looking for some inspiration!

Besides that, if you have a cool idea yourself, I'd love to hear it, whether it's in regards to mini-games, tiles the player can land on or anything like that.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
What comes to mind initially was Super Girl Squad: Halloween Edition Board Game!, and the Secret Santa write-up I did back in 2016. Though, now that I think more on it, there is a board-game element in this game as well during it's "school phase".
author=Marrend
What comes to mind initially was Super Girl Squad: Halloween Edition Board Game!, and the Secret Santa write-up I did back in 2016. Though, now that I think more on it, there is a board-game element in this game as well during it's "school phase".

Thanks for these suggestions I will check them out!
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
author=Mirak
Don't forget about this one!

https://rpgmaker.net/games/4610/

Ahhh, I knew there was a board game, game somewhere here! This is giving me some good ideas! Thanks!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Man, I hated the dumb board game minigame in Disgaea 5. It was sort of like Mario Party except the minigames were replaced by a math formula and dice roll that made whoever was higher level usually win.
Pages: 1