[RMVX ACE] GAME EXPORT ISSUE

Pages: 1
I compressed a game with no RTP for a fellow member who wanted a demo. All went well. When I click on the blue hex to test it, I get this.

]

This is a different pc if that matters.
Those compressed .exe files that VX Ace produces are notorious for driving antivirus programs up a wall.

If you have an antivirus program, check to see if it's catching this file as a false positive. You can try disabling it temporarily and try extracting again. Failing that, try right-clicking and running as Administrator.

As a suggestion once you get it working: the best way to distribute a VX Ace game is to extract the files from that .exe and then zip up the files in a ZIP or RAR folder. It will save you and your players a lot of headaches.
author=Sgt M
Those compressed .exe files that VX Ace produces are notorious for driving antivirus programs up a wall.

If you have an antivirus program, check to see if it's catching this file as a false positive. You can try disabling it temporarily and try extracting again. Failing that, try right-clicking and running as Administrator.

As a suggestion once you get it working: the best way to distribute a VX Ace game is to extract the files from that .exe and then zip up the files in a ZIP or RAR folder. It will save you and your players a lot of headaches.

I did try run as admin.When I get home tonight, I will try disabling the AV. Thank you.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
The error message shown doesn't indicate to me that it's hitting an anti-virus program. What it indicates to me is a lack of access rights. Like, the directory structure shown is Users/Admin/Documents/<etc>!

*Edit: Hey, let us know if turning off the AV program worked. I'm mildly curious.
author=Marrend
The error message shown doesn't indicate to me that it's hitting an anti-virus program. What it indicates to me is a lack of access rights. Like, the directory structure shown is Users/Admin/Documents/<etc>!

*Edit: Hey, let us know if turning off the AV program worked. I'm mildly curious.

It did work. PCMatic. Working like it should, now. Thanks for your interest,Marrend.
Pages: 1