IS THERE A WAY TO SKIP THE [MONSTER] EMERGES MESSAGE IN RPG MAKER MZ?

Pages: 1
Hello. Thanks in advance for reading my inquiry!

I've just gotten this software a few days ago and I'm still playing around with it and getting to know it. Everything looks fairly simple so far, however it looks like I'm gonna need to play with plugins in order to to what I want.

There is one thing I'm having trouble finding. Is there a way to skip the initial message you get when you enter into combat? Specially I'd like the combat to immediately start after you start an encounter. As it is now, the game effectively pauses until you press a button to start the battle. I don't mind using plug-ins however I would very much prefer to use free plugins (at least for awhile).

Again thanks for reading my inquiry.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
From what it looks like, it's done with...

BattleManager.displayStartMessages = function() {
    for (const name of $gameTroop.enemyNames()) {
        $gameMessage.add(TextManager.emerge.format(name));
    }
    if (this._preemptive) {
        $gameMessage.add(TextManager.preemptive.format($gameParty.name()));
    } else if (this._surprise) {
        $gameMessage.add(TextManager.surprise.format($gameParty.name()));
    }
};

...this function. It's used...

BattleManager.startBattle = function() {
    this._phase = "start";
    $gameSystem.onBattleStart();
    $gameParty.onBattleStart(this._preemptive);
    $gameTroop.onBattleStart(this._surprise);
    this.displayStartMessages();
};

...here. What I would do in this case is make a separate JS file of incidental code, with...

BattleManager.startBattle = function() {
    this._phase = "start";
    $gameSystem.onBattleStart();
    $gameParty.onBattleStart(this._preemptive);
    $gameTroop.onBattleStart(this._surprise);
};

...this as part of the contents. I know I explained this process to another user earlier to some degree. Just have to look up the post!

*Edit: There it is!

*Edit2: I briefly considered a different solution. One that would allow the preemptive/surprise text to display. However, if the desire is to skip text display, this solution is a pretty easy one.
A further thought:

Because the game message system is used to display that text box, you can use text codes to auto dismiss the message.
e.g. in the "terms" section of the database, change the Emerge text to "%1 emerged!\.\^"
This would display the message, wait 0.25 second, then dismiss the message automatically.

If you want to skip the messages entirely, do what Marrend said and override either BattleManager.displayStartMessages or BattleManager.startBattle.
Thanks!! Both of your answers were very helpful!!
Pages: 1