[RMVX ACE] HOW TO TALK TO MYSELF

Pages: 1
Hi; I have a simple question.

I've been getting into VX Ace more lately, to the point where I would like to debug my scripting work. But one of the differences between VX Ace and RPG Maker XP, which I have more experience in, is that the "print" command doesn't make a system dialogue box pop up. I've also tried "p", but that doesn't work, either.

Is there any way to send a visible message to myself, so that I can check variables and such in real-time as the code is parsed?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
With Ace, there should be an option to "Show Console" under the "Game" drop-down menu. I've used the `puts` function to output to the console, but, I think you might be right in that there's a `print` and/or `p` function that might do something similar. To show a dialog box with output, you'd use the `msgbox` function.
Thank you, I'll give it a try. The console sounds useful, but I also like the idea of completely pausing the code as the message box displays, to see what has already executed at that exact point.
The functions equivalent to #print and #p of RPGXP/VX are #msgbox and #msgbox_p in Ace.

Can be found in the helpfile, inside the game-library part of RGSS-documentation.

~炬燵あ
Pages: 1