DOUBLING/HALVING SOME STATS IS BUGGED IN RM2K3

Pages: 1
Hi, I found out to my surprise that some of the basic stuff in the original battle system are bugged and I couldn't find documentation or talk about it. I'm talking about unofficial RM 2003 here.

You know how there is a status that can doubles or halves you stats during a battle, well it works great with strength and speed but not with defense and mind at all, the stats never increase. I did some debug and I cannot be on my side, it is a bug in the program itself. I think the program falsy doubles/halves the "max" of the stat rather than the "current" stat. Can be a bug that was made with the translation back then.

Now, here's another hint, I use the french version and it could be an issue with that one only. I have no idea if the bug is also in the unofficial english version or even the original japanese one. I'm just curious if someone can confirm this to me.
Now, I'm actually praying that it is a bug only on the french version and using any other ones would help be fix that. I would gladly switch to an unofficial english version but these days it seems they vanished from the Internet because of the official version being on Steam.

(If you are not sure how to test it, you can just create a status that doubles your defense and make a battle even which every turn display in a text the defense amount (stored on a variable) to see if it doubles once you get the status.)
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
IIRC the translation might have been borked and switched 2 of the stat names in that tab in the database. Try halving the stat, and then displaying 4 variables for all 4 stats.
I no longer have the unofficial RPG Tsukuru 2k3 but I think that the "Denfense" and "Mind" boxes were mistakenly switched in the Database's States tab.
Maybe you can test it by buffing one stat and displaying the other with that method you came up with.

EDIT: Ninja'd
author=Dyluck
IIRC the translation might have been borked and switched 2 of the stat names in that tab in the database. Try halving the stat, and then displaying 4 variables for all 4 stats.

I actually remember this on the english version long ago... omg I need to test this.
It is actually this!!!

Guys, thank you so much, you have no idea how I feel. It was really stressing me out and was a bit depressed about having to find an alternate solution or cut things from the game.

The crazy thing is, I totally remember this translation bug now but for some reason I never thought about it again since this project started. So apparently the french translators just spread the error which was on the english version.. well done people. :')
Well, I kind of remember, that it didn't quite double or half, it would do it by 1.5 and divide by 1.5. I guess I would have to use that trick to see what's going on. :/ I dunno why it would do that...
Pages: 1