CAN YOU ACTUALLY FOLLOW A USER?

Pages: 1
Hi guys,

Is this possible? I'd like to “subscribe” to some profiles whenever a new game is released or similar info. It surprises me there's actually an option to add a user to the ignore list but not to follow/friendship request, etc. I've bookmarked a bunch of profiles atm, kind of annoying tbh.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Not that I am aware of. Probably the closest thing you can do is keep an eye on "Latest downloads" and/or "New and Notable" sections with the site's current functionality.

That said, I have no idea how easy/hard it would be to implement a "subscribe to user" feature. The functionality for the subscription section of your account to keep track of what specific posts you've saved was implemented a number of years ago I think? I kinda get the sense that the functionality to subscribe to specific users might be similar, but, I also have no idea.
I follow users all the time. They don't know I'm there because my disguise is solid.
author=daenius
Hi guys,

Is this possible? I'd like to “subscribe” to some profiles whenever a new game is released or similar info. It surprises me there's actually an option to add a user to the ignore list but not to follow/friendship request, etc. I've bookmarked a bunch of profiles atm, kind of annoying tbh.

it was in the plans, but then the owner got lazy in 2014 and no new fancy features have made it into the site since
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I mean, you can, but make sure you don't get caught.
unity
You're magical to me.
Seriously though, the best way to get around this is for devs to make a blog on their old games when they announce their new games, then any followers who want to jump over can do so.

Not a perfect solution, and it puts it all on the devs themselves, but it's something. Not very useful for people if they're just looking for their favorite dev.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Yeah, you can subscribe to gamepages, and you can follow those. Which, for a lot of users here, that's actually good enough, because that's all they do here is video game development. They don't use forums. All they do is gammak.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Other than subbing to their games....

If you click on a users name, you can the click on posts and topics, if you want to see what they have said in the forums.
You could look at the profile page of the user you want to follow, display the list of games he/she made. Open each game page and subscribe to each.
Pages: 1