VELSARBOR'S DEMO WAS TRANSLATED AND I HAD NO IDEA

Pages: 1
So since 2020 Velsarbor has been translated from German to English. For those of you who played it back in 2005 and might have gave up understanding what was going on: you can now give up your 17 year long diligent journey learning German. One thing worth also noting is the demo is pretty sizeable, it's was updated up until around 2007 or so at a whopping 300 maps. So even if the game isn't complete it's still worth checking out for inspiration/nostalgia. Much like whenever a SNES translation comes out it feels like playing a retro RPG for the first time again. It also feels still relevant given that this game was made by the creator of Crosscode, a current day indie RPG success.

Translation here: https://github.com/WatDuhHekBro/VelsarborEnglish

Download Prepatched (Thanks LBR): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aDSAlA4xq3VNgkysrODIQwhOkyC911Xg/view

I talk over some footage to mark the occasion:

However I also made this topic to ask folks, what were your memories/impressions of Velsarbor? Any non-english RM games you still wish were translated? I'm writing a retrospective on this game and I figured some oldbies that are still here might have something to add. This translation needs more fanfare!
I had no idea either. Also, I had no idea there was a later 2007 release. I think I remember playing it in 2005 or 2006. I can't express how much this game blew my mind when it came out. I still strive to make a battle system with animations that smooth. I'm really happy to see that he's still making games. I definitely have to check out Crosscode.
author=Darken
However I also made this topic to ask folks, what were your memories/impressions of Velsarbor? Any non-english RM games you still wish were translated? I'm writing a retrospective on this game and I figured some oldbies that are still here might have something to add. This translation needs more fanfare!

Argh, I tried so much time ago... it was really impressive but I should re-play it someday (like other classic oldies) since I do not remember a lot of it. Non english-game I wish were translated? (aside from the old Fifth Era that I had no time to translate fully) If we speak of german games surely Gods of Ashes by Redcube, or the russian great (incomplete) classic Warrior Saga.
Pages: 1