A QUICK QUESTION ABOUT DISTRIBUTION PACKAGES [RMMZ]

Pages: 1
This is actually a very small issue, I've got a solution but I was just wondering if there was some other way. (Don't say deleting the resources which aren't used, I've already considered that).

Okay, this game "Every Vote Counts" was made in Rpgmaker MV, but I've upgraded it to Rpgmaker MZ. When I made the distribution package, it wouldn't make one, as I was telling it to exclude unused files, which it apparently had a bit of an issue with.

I then tried it again telling it to include all files, and it did it no questions asked. I just know that this makes an inflated file size (it's still lower than the original though).

Just wondering if anybody knows of any other approach I could take? I can only assume it had this issue because the game was originally made in Rpg Maker MV?

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'm having some trouble with...

When I made the distribution package, it wouldn't make one, as I was telling it to exclude unused files, which it apparently had a bit of an issue with.

...this sentence. What you you mean "it wouldn't make one"? Did it throw an error at you? Did it not throw an error at you then, but throw an error at you when trying to play off the disturbed version?

I don't know if the game in question had any plug-ins from MV, but, that might be something to look into. The two engines might use similar-looking code, since they are both made in Java, but, there might be some changes in MZ's structure that make certain plug-ins incompatible without tweaks.

Though, I would have certain doubts you could just pull over the database, and everything else, from an MV game into MZ, and call it a day.
Hi Marrend, thanks for the suggestions.

I did exactly what you said with the last suggestion, I just pulled everything from MV into MZ. I knew the MV plugins would be incompatible so I took all those out, putting a few MZ ones in instead.

What I meant was that when I clicked on "Create Distribution Package" and told it to exclude unused files, it wouldn't progress at all, and it didn't give me any error messages. It would just sit there and do nothing.

When I tried again and told it include unused files, it had no issues.

Seeing that the zipped folder (including the unused files) at the end of it all was still smaller than the original I had uploaded here, I decided just to go with it and put it up, not worrying about it anymore.
Pages: 1