SECRET SANTA 2022

Pages: first 12345 next last

It's that time of year again, folks! Time to give to your fellows~

What is this?
Why, it's Secret Santa, of course!

OH MY GOD! WHAT IS SECRET SANTA?!
It's a simple thing, really. Throw your name in the hat and get one in return. You are that person's Secret Santa and must keep the name secret from anyone! Then, before the due date below, you get them a present. On Christmas Eve, you will receive a gift from your own Secret Santa and happy fun times are had by all~

What counts as a present?
We usually like to keep it site-centric so stuff like reviews/media for games, short games that cater to that person's tastes, something for their game (resources/scripts/etc), a piece of fanart or fiction, a cool new avatar, something you think they'd like... that kind of thing. If you have a hard time coming up with ideas, you can ask me as an intermediary to ask them what they'd like.

If you have another idea for a gift, PM me and I'll let you know if it's fine.

So, how do you get in on this action?
Easy! Just give a holler in a comment below before the cut-off date. Simple, eh?

Rules are as follows:
- First rule of Secret Santa club. Don't talk about Secret Santa club.
- Second rule of Secret Santa club. See rule #1.
- In that same comment list a few things that are your interests or that you'd like to get. It could be a review for a particular game of yours, the fact you like legos and spiderman or something of the like.
- The cut-off date for joining is the 10th of December.
- You will have until the 22nd of December to send me via PM the gift for your Secret Santa.
- I will be posting who had whom in this thread on the 26th so don't go spilling the beans before then!

- If you suddenly need to drop out, PM me ASAP, and I'll do some rearrangements. It would be preferable that you don't drop out, though.

- Please make sure your gift is of a decent quality. Put some thought and/or effort into the gift.

- Please do not include illegal or pirated items in your gift. Especially pirated games. I didn't think it needed to be said, but apparently, it does.

- To help others figure out what to give you, post in the comments for sign-up some things you're interested in, or that you would like to get.

How to submit
- For video submissions, use a free-hosting video site. There's plenty out there - Vimeo, DailyMotion, Googledrive, Twitch and the like.
- Send me the link via PM before the due date.
- For reviews and artsy stuff, send me the text/image/etc via PM before the due date.
- Do not add your reviews, arts or videos to the site until I say so in this topic.

Santas
Liberty gave to Gourd_Clae
pianotm gave to El_Waka
el_waka gave to Frogge
soulrain gave to Jaiden
OzzyTheOne gave to Nenen
Nenen gave to Orochii
Delsin7 gave to Fomar0153
Frogge gave to OzzyTheOne
Marmalade gave to AGGroAzteca
orochii gave to soulrain
KrimsonKatt gave to Delsin7
CrazyBabi gave to KrimsonKatt
Archeia_Nessiah gave to kalechips
kalechips gave to pianotm
Fomar0153 gave to Cap_H
Cap_H gave to Archeia_Nessiah
Gourd_Clae gave to CrazyBabi
Jaiden gave to Liberty
AGGroAzteca gave to Marmalade

Any questions, feel free to ask~

Helpers:
aquatorrent
Marrend
Cap_H
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Signing up!
For this year, I'm gonna echo El_Waka; nothing related to my games unless it's fanart or a fanfic.

Art or graphics always makes me happy! Particularly if you make it.
A short game would also be welcome.
I'm always in need of sound effects.
And I love Lego and Spiderman, as is proper!

If all else fails, you can find a cheap game on my Steam Wishlist or if you're an Epic Store member my wishlist there (same screenname).
Sign me up! I'll literally copy-paste last year's wishlist:

author=El_WaKa
Things I would like:I like art stuff, be it pixel or hand-drawn or digital or anything. As long as it comes from you I'll be happy. I don't have a good character from my games so I'll just link a few of my OCs down this post. I'm happy with anything that you may come up with, really! Not necessarily art. As long as it's done with thought and not just get it over with I'll love it (If you really just want to get it over with, go for the steam gift route, I love new gams. Here's my steam wishlist)

Things I don't like:

I'm sorry, but I don't want any reviews of my games. Or anything related to my games really lol. Besides, I don't really have any games to show off so...

Characters for the Art route:

Breeze

Sanaa

Jackie

Stickman

I'm going to try again this year and pray the world doesn't screw me over.

I'm willing to take anything as a gift this year. If you want to gift me a game, here's what's on my Steam wishlist:
- Crocotile 3D
- Melatonin
- Sonic Frontiers
- Haven Park

I'm a fan of:
- Rhythm games, such as Rhythm Heaven/Paradise
- Any type of platform game, such as Mega Man, Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Mario Bros.
- Arcade-style racing games, such as Mario Kart
- Roguelikes, such as Dicey Dungeons, The Binding of Isaac
- RPGs, such as Mother, Pokémon, Dragon Warrior
- Synthesised music, such as MOD, XM, MID
- Old technology, such as cassettes, flip phones, floppy disks

If you can't make a game or buy a game, I will take reviews and art of my character, Blu the Blue Bird. https://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/65538/locker/z8u92eGVjpg_medium.jpg

Hopefully these are good enough examples.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Sign me up!

I would love:
-Fanart of any of my games.
-Fanart of my profile picture.
-LEGOOOOOOO
-Short fangame.

Things I DON'T want:
-Reviews for my games.
-Letsplays for my games.
-Any other resources/assets for my games.

If all else fails:
-Ask Libby to ask me for other kinds of stuff.
-Here is my Steam wishlist.
I'll join as helper again this year. I still only can do reviews though.
Sign me up as well...

I like: LEGOs, liberty musta been thinking of me :P
But to be serious, the one thing I really like is a good story. Whether that's in a horror game, rpg, FPS, or in Graphic novels, prose, etc. That's would be the best present :D
So games type gifts are fine... ( we can have Steam games ?)
Pixelart is awesome, same with manga and anime :P

Things I don't like:
Profanity, please don't.
Weak usage of tropes :P (put SOME thought to it at least)
NSFW... I need to avoid that, especially, for personal reasons.

(Can't think of anything else right now, though I totally feel like something will come to mind later :d )
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'll sign up as a helper again this year. It worked well enough last time, even if I switched to being a Santa later on.
Sign me up, Coach.

I'm fine with pretty much anything really. 2/3 of my games are short event games though so they tend to be rather on the silly side.

If you need ideas for fanarty stuff then:
From Legends of Perren: Mina's Voyage:
Mina- Pink hair, glasses, adventurer in training, uses dual machineguns, and she's technically supposed to be wearing power armor. (I couldn't find sprite that matches MV rtp at the time and didn't have money for commissions.)
Phoebe- Blue/teal hair, very well endowed and a mystical ninja. Kinda clumsy and cheerful.
Amomza- Dark/grey/ashen skin, white hair, wears little clothing, a succubus who is a powerful Whispress magician. Somewhat smarmy with a bitter streak.

From Legends of Perren: Task of Malice (RM2k):
Malice- Dark hair, glasses, a huge nerd, wears a grim reaper robe and is an apprentice of such.
Erika- Red hair, angel, has a big ol' sword and likes to smite evil.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I'm not sure I'll have a ton of time for this, but it's just not Christmas without joining secret santa y'know. I'll find the time, even if it means neglecting uni work.

Things I would like (they're in order of preference but I'm good with any of them)
♢ If you go the steam route, something I could play on my steam deck would be nice. Here's my wishlist. (The link should already have the filters applied, but in case it doesn't, please make sure you go to Options and tick both steam deck verified and playable.) I know my wishlist has like 5 million games but I'm not fussed about what you pick. For my current mood though first person games, platformers, metroidvanias or rougelikes are ideal. I've got plenty of rpgs to play atm so preferably not that.
♢ A short spooky/horror game.
♢ A let's play for A Vacation in Nebula or Yoshi Goes to Tesco.
♢ A short shitpost game with campy christmas vibes. The stupider the better.

Things I don't really want atm
♢ Reviews.
♢ Fanart.
♢ Music or assets.

Most importantly
♢ Don't stress yourself over this!!
♢ Drink lots of water.
♢ Eat an apple a day. Those doctors have been getting restless. I think they're planning an invasion, and we need all the strength we can get.
I want to try joining this year!

Stuff I'd love to receive:
- Reviews on games I made/co-developed (preferably the one that doesn't have a review yet)
- Playthroughs/let's plays
- Music or sfx (instrumentals, for comedy or horror genre)
- Cute fanart so I can use it as a new profile picture
- Sappy or bittersweet short stories

Stuff I'd prefer not to get:
- Long games, but short games (15~30 mins) are ok!
I want to join.

What I want:
Anything. Short gam, virus, review, fanart, ur hot sis NAH DON'T SEND ME DIS.
If you want to be super special awesome buy me a boxed cart of E.V.O. The Search for Eden, I will remember you for the last 69 days, non-stop.

What I don't want:
Ur mum
Nothing :sadcat:- don't send me to Abu Dhabi. but you can send funny Garf strip :D
KrimsonKatt
Gamedev by sunlight, magical girl by moonlight
Hey. This is one of my favorite times of the year, so of course I'm joining the celebrations once again. I'm totally up to give and receive.

Stuff I'd Like to Recieve
-Fanart of my game Chronicles: The Lost Page
-A review of my game Chronicles: The Lost Page
-Fanart of my characters (Koros, Tayo, Zenith, Stacy, Jeht, anyone really)
-I like mermaids, fairies, magical girls, fire emblem, xenoblade, princesses, Pokemon, femboys, and genderbend.
-If all else fails, you can get me something from my steam wishlist. You can find mine here: https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/profiles/76561198205058101/#sort=price

Stuff I'll Not Be a Fan Of
-Reviews of my older games (pre-2019)
-Fanart of my older games (Pre-2019)
-NFTs or some other crypto bullcrap
-AI generated art (please don't, if I wanted something I would generate it myself)
-Written work such as a fanfiction
-Something generic like a simple digital card or something

Anyways I can't wait to start this. This is going to be so much fun!
KrimsonKatt
Gamedev by sunlight, magical girl by moonlight
author=orochii
I want to join.

What I want:
Anything. Short gam, virus, review, fanart, ur hot sis NAH DON'T SEND ME DIS.
If you want to be super special awesome buy me a boxed cart of E.V.O. The Search for Eden, I will remember you for the last 69 days, non-stop.

What I don't want:
Ur mum
Nothing :sadcat:- don't send me to Abu Dhabi. but you can send funny Garf strip :D

I looked online and EVO is at least $220, but a full in-box copy will probably cost $350. No way people are going to spend double the price of a 3DS on something like that. You can't expect a gift that big from strangers on the internet. It's not happening. Unless someone on here is super generous and rich but I doubt it.
Pretty sure that was a joke, Krimson. Thus why it was crossed out.

Would appreciate
- Art of vtuber model (floaty Katt head, if you don't know, don't worry)
- anything based on my following games:- Chii's Challenge, life of splork, Narrow Ways, Noble Quest, Seer Dell: Dragon or Wolf and Kid.
- someone to take over the site jk jk

Me No Wanty
I'm not fussy but I'd honestly prefer not reviews if possible though I'll take 'em gratefully if no other choice! :D
I want to try joining this year!

Stuff I would love to receive:
- Reviews (preferably for completed game that doesn't have a review yet)
- Fanart, fanfic or short fangame.
- Playthroughs or let's plays
Btw i just want to point out that some of your steam wishlist link isnt working or show 0 games. Only waka, soulrain, and ozzy's link are working.
I'll join but I can only draw... hahaha...

Things I would like:
✻ Good Simulation games like Kairosoft games.
✻ Ralph from RPG Maker VX if you want to art.
✻ Give me a cute story about Ralph. If you ship him with one of the hot dudes in the RTP, I'm not stopping you. Otherwise, make him suffer. It gives me life.
✻ I'm not very picky for the most part unless...

Things I REALLY do not want atm
♢ Reviews. I haven't released anything in ages except for OMORI and I rather not get a gift related to that.
♢ Please, I beg, don't send me a photoshop image of a merry christmas. I keep getting that. I don't care if you give me RTP edits of Ralph, just not this lmao.

What I can give:
♢ Art.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
aquatorrent
Btw i just want to point out that some of your steam wishlist link isnt working or show 0 games. Only waka, soulrain, and ozzy's link are working.

You can't see wishlists unless you friend the user.

EDIT: I say that, but I am definitely friends with Frogge on Steam, and I see zero items in his wishlist.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
To be able to view a Steam wishlist when you're not signed into Steam, I think you have to change the "Game Details" privacy setting to "Public". The "Friends Only" option would presume a user is logged into Steam's system to be able to recognize the friendship status.
Pages: first 12345 next last