GAME DENIED DUE TO SCREENSHOTS BEING TOO LARGE? TRY THIS CODE!

Pages: 1
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Hiya, if you've been sent to this link then you've probably had a game denied because the screenshots are too large for the site.

Previously, we would ask you to shrink them down so that they would fit the game page. While this is still the preferred method, I know at least a few of you might want to keep the screenshots at full resolution. Luckily, we have a solution for this now.

Jaiden was nice enough to share a piece of CSS that automatically shrinks down screenshots, but lets them be viewed at full size if you hover over them. You can see this demonstrated on their game page for Legends of Astravia or on my game page Yoshi Goes to Tesco. (Side note: If you have any troubles with the CSS, please contact me, not Jaiden. I wouldn't want them to be troubled when I can help out instead.)

The CSS is plug and play - it should work fine if you just insert it as it is. If you're on Chrome you may need to press Shift+F5 (on the game page, not in the manage page) after you apply changes for them to actually be visible.

.contents img {
max-width: 600px;
}

.image img {
max-width: 800px;
}

.image img:hover {
max-width: none;
margin-left: 50%;
transform: translateX(-50%);
}

#left_hover_arrow img:hover, #right_hover_arrow img:hover {
margin: auto;
transform: none;
}

div.image {
overflow: visible !important;
}

Please note that if your screenshots are still too large even WITH the css, I reserve the right to deny the game.

Thanks again to Jaiden for sharing this code, and I hope it proves useful for some of you!
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
The moment I saw the title of this thread, I thought of Jaiden's Legends of Astravia, and am glad that now we all get easy access to the way images are displayed on that gamepage! :D
Happy to help! I hope it's useful to others :)
This is really good stuff, not perfect, but definitely super useful.
This is scary... My 2k3 brian is thinking we could code a full game w just css trickery on its own gamepage...

great tip!!!!

edit: not me semi-necroing a thread ressurrected by a cybernetic lv.2 lich
Pages: 1