I'M LEAVING

Pages: 1
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
It's been a long time coming.

I created my account back in 2012. A lot has changed.

RMN's views no longer align with my views and I feel uncomfortable being here.

Back then the forums were a house of pain for new users, today the forums are still a house of pain although for different reasons.

Ever since I joined RMN, I feel like I had this big “kick me sign” on my back.

Most of the people I used to talk with have left circa 2016 or so. Some other people simply stopped talking with me and I was never given a reason.

While I had fun in some events, I never truly felt part of the community.
I put a lot of effort in events and tried to play everyone's games and post detailed feedback about them, but the large majority of people didn't even acknowledge my existence.

The Pokemon RMN Version event was quite cool and it was exciting to see so many people genuinely involved. Ratty524 was super cool with me back then. Shame about the drama soon after.

The Golden Week of RPG Maker 2003 was a blast and people were really active playing each others games and discussing them. But a lot of them left soon afterwards.

RMN 9 event was also memorable and I still treasure the video of Liberty playing through my game while commenting. The sleep deprivation probably wasn't too good on Liberty though.

RMN Birthday 2015 wasn't as nice of an experience. RMN's super popular unity, usually pretty cool, was rather spiteful to me. Her popularity made it specially hard to take, since to others she can do no wrong.

I would like to apologise to the people who played my games, posted about it or reviewed them. Specially TheRpgmakerAddict since he's such a cool guy!

No thanks go to all the people who downloaded the games and subscribed but never bothered making a single post to let me know how they liked or didn't like them. Apathy drains any motivation.

Due to RMN's most extreme users, I feel the need to clarify that if what you took from this is that I'm a bigot/racist/fascist/homophobe/xenophobe/minority hater/etc then you need to consider that just because I don't see the world through your extreme lens, does not mean that I see the world through those other extreme lenses either.
There are other ways to look at things that don't involve discrimination.

(the latest clash in the forums was simply the straw that broke the camel's back)

Adeus.
You gotta do what's best for yourself after all. Hope the road treats you well.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
It's sad to see you go, but I agree with Roden, do what's best for you. Best of luck man, and may gam mak be always on your side!
There are better forums out there.

Maybe check out the Yesterweb?
I'm sorry to see another oldbie go. That tends to be what makes up RMN these days, so the loss of one is sorely felt.

Too bad the Ethical AI Generated Art thread devolved into a quagmire of name-calling and midwittery. I didn't bother to weigh in because I figure it's pointless. AI Generated Anything is a 2023 novelty and will be frowned on in due time, much the same way RPG Maker games are frowned on in the indie community >:\

If you're still doing RM stuff, you should check into the RM2k3 Discord. We're all straight ballers there. If it's time to move on, best of luck in future endeavors!
Sounds like it's been coming for awhile. Sorry to be the one who convinced you! Hope you find somewhere better!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Sometimes, the best response really is to step away from things for a time. I don't know if this really is a permanent thing, or if you'll be back when things have cooled off more than significantly. All I can really say at this point is thanks for being a part of this humble little community for as long as you have, and for sharing your creativity with us!
It's always sad when a cool guy like you leaves. I hope you'll come back.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I'm always in favor of people leaving the community if they believe it's having a negative effect on their mental health. It's a shame to see your games go with you, because I think art deserves to be archived, but I'm glad you're doing what you believe is the right move for you. Godspeed friend.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I'm not even sure what happened, and I'm the guy who made that thread.
Pages: 1