[RMVX ACE] ENEMY ATTACK CRASHES GAME SOMETIMES "CAN'T CONVERT STRING INTO INTEGER" ERROR

Pages: 1
I have a boss fight programmed and sometimes when the boss uses "Fiery Breath", the game will crash throwing this error:

A Google search of that error only brings up results where people were getting this error using custom scripts for various things. However, I am NOT doing that! I do not have any custom scripts in my game with the exception of Hime Untargetable State. But the problem existed before I added that script and it continues to crash sometimes when the script is completely removed.

There is literally nothing on Google regarding this error message with a completely vanilla attack.

It is NOT the animation either. That animation is shared upon many fire-based attacks and this is the only attack that causes the crash. Besides, the animation only uses default graphics and sounds, not imported ones. Even the"swallow" attack which uses Hime Untargetable State and uses imported sounds does not crash the game.

The crash rate seems to be a 50/50 shot. It is like flip a coin, if tails; the game crashes.

I have the attack setup like so:

There seems to be nothing weird with this attack. It does not add any states, there are no common event actions, and there are no script actions. It is literally just damage.

At first, I thought the issue might lie upon the b.mdf * 1.15

so I changed it to 4 + a.mat * 2.3 - b.mdf * 1.2 but the problem persists. I am still getting the crash and this error message when the Imperialdramon Dragon Mode does her Fiery Breath attack.

My troops are set up like this:

There is only a small amount of dialogue at the start of the battle only valid for turn 0. There is literally nothing else. Nothing to do with Fiery Breath or anything.

This is my Game_Unit: https://pastebin.com/CBGazLFE
which is completely unchanged. I have made no changes to Game_Unit

Line 90 appears to be: member = members
Which appears to be where the fault is. That entire block of code seems to be regarding dead characters. But when other attacks kill players, no crash—even on this same boss.

Does anybody know what the problem could be and how do I fix it?
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
Seeing as how the method on line 90 is about targeting dead characters, and the one script you have is about Untargetable state, I'd be surprised if it wasn't related.

Check if the bug with this skill happens if:
-If you remove the script, SAVE the project, and start a New Game? (Never test with an old save file)
-If you change the Battle Event span to Battle instead of Turn, since only want to run the dialogue once per Battle.
-If you use the same skill in a different battle?
-If the skill is used by an actor vs used by an enemy?
-If you change the formula to something simple like 100?
-If you start a brand new project and recreate the skill?

You DID NOT read my post in its entirety. I said the problem existed BEFORE I added that script
Dyluck
I saw that, I just think you could be mistaken? Either way, you can still find out by checking what I listed.
Dyluck
And if after you narrow it down that it must be due to the skill alone, then it's probably the formula, which clearly won't result in an integer. In which case, either stop using decimal places, or figure out the syntax to convert it to integer.
I am NOT mistaking! I only added that script in this afternoon and I had a couple of crashes with this fight this morning.

This morning I thought it had to do with the fact that there was no space between the * and 1.15 and when I added the space, it seemed to only temporarily fix it.

Also, despite making absolutely zero changes, the game is now crashing seemingly randomly during that fight. I was trying to play it trying to figure out if it was a certain character or whatever but I noticed that it is now crashing at seemingly random times during that fight regardless if a player died or not.

It is only the boss's attacks that are crashing the game. I have yet to get a crash on player attacks. It seems to be any attack that Imperialdramon Dragon Mode does but not always. She could use a move once and the game not crash. But the next time, she uses that move, crash!

At first it was only Fiery Breath. Now it seems to be any move and the character does not even have to die or get into an untargetable state to crash the game.

The random encounter monsters that led up to the boss fight seemed to be unaffected.

However, I am going to spend the next several minutes fighting randos to see if it crashes at all.
I just got the SAME crash on a random encounter but NOT on an attack, I was going through the menu and as soon as I selected the "pill" item (cures sickness), the game crashed with SAME error. I did not even get far enough to specify a character to use the pill on

Have to edit because admins blocked me from adding replies for some reason

Edit: You were right about that script being the cause. I removed the script entirely and I went through the entire female Imperialdramon Dragon Mode boss fight without a single crash.

what is weird was that I had two crashes before I added in the script. Those were probably the spacing issue in the formula. That would explain why it was a temporary fix. I fixed the crash issue only to bring in another crash issue with the script.

Another thing that bugs me though. Why is nobody else complaining that the script causes crashing? There was a post about a fix to a crashing issue on the Ace version of RPG Maker VX but I copied and pasted the fixed code overwriting the broken code.

I wonder why the fix is not working for me
Pages: 1