(RPG MAKER - GEN) WHAT VERSION DO I PICK FOR THIS CONCEPT?

Pages: 1
I want to make a game wherein you tame/pacify monsters in order to win a battle. This would be done via different abilities and items that you unlock throughout the game. I guess that makes the battles more like puzzles, huh? Point is - what version of RPG Maker would this be possible on? If any, of course.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
If this idea could be executed by replacing the "dead" state with a "pacified" or "tamed" state, then, I think this concept could be applied with relative ease. All RPG Maker products allow a certain amount of customization in regards to state application text. The earlier makers, such as 2K and 2K3 might have a separate entry-box for the "dead" state application text, but, I certainly don't specifically recall.
author=Marrend
If this idea could be executed by replacing the "dead" state with a "pacified" or "tamed" state, then, I think this concept could be applied with relative ease. All RPG Maker products allow a certain amount of customization in regards to state application text. The earlier makers, such as 2K and 2K3 might have a separate entry-box for the "dead" state application text, but, I certainly don't specifically recall.
That makes sense, thank you! I'm currently using 2k3 (because I'm poor and like retro things lol) so I'll see if that's possible there, but if not, I'll move up to a more recent version. (possibly XP)
That makes sense, thank you! I'm currently using 2k3 (because I'm poor and like retro things lol) so I'll see if that's possible there, but if not, I'll move up to a more recent version. (possibly XP)

XP goes on sale frequently and is very easy to obtain by... unintended means (wink wink) so if you can't afford the newer makers that's a good option. It also has scripting through RGSS so it has dramatically more possibilities then 2k or 2k3.
Pages: 1