WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=AABattery
You never asked... That thing was a bitch.
Well there is no way I am grinding just to beat it. Same goes for the Celestial Weapons or whatever. Sin awaits...
so I am about to go to Zozo for the first time in FFVI. Who should I take with me?
(Gau, Edgar, Sabin, Celes, Cyan, Locke, Shadow (who is in that town on the way))

I am leaning towards Locke (for stealing), Shadow (for throwing skeans), Gau (for spellcasting (he's the best right now)), and Edgar (because <3 chainsaw)
are you playing advance or original?

definitely bring locke, because you'll pick up a thief glove in zozo. cyan isn't worth taking yet because you don't get imp until... a bit later. i'd bring edgar, sabin and gau personally, you'll benefit from sabin's physical stats and you probably don't have too many good throwing items. celes's cure might be useful too if you're not feeling confident
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
Skip Gau because he will continue to be effective throughout the game, you should give some attention to Celes or one of your characters you feel is not up to par at present

Also I remember enemies there using Bolt2 or something, Runic ftw
I am confident. I couldn't remember if there was anything good to steal.

Funnily enough, I had picked Locke, Sabin, Edgar and Gau as my party initially, before I decided to pose the question here.

And I am playing the SNES version on an emulator, no patches.
yeah that's a good point, runic is a good ability to take with you anywhere. don't worry too much though, you're about to gain access to imp which will render all battles involving cyan obsolete

p.s. you're my hero for playing the original
It's been ages so I'm not confident about it but iirc Runic doesn't work on anything actually dangerous. The most dangerous enemy in Zozo (Hillgigas? Big brute guy)'s only magic is Magnitude 8 which can't be Runiced. Again, this is iirc, I didn't use Runic that much so maybe somebody can correct me.

Shadow's in Koholign (sic) and randomly leaves after a battle so I wouldn't put him in any party at this point so I'd roll with four characters. Use Gau and dink around with the rages you aren't sure about to figure out what ones aren't trash. Bring Locke and see what you can steal (can you mug at this point? I don't think so but...). Edgar gets the chainsaw and access to more tools in Figaro Castle so bring him. Cyan's boring, leave him. Choose between Sabin (who will only learn Fire Dance at this point at lvl.15, plus you just went through a slog of a scenario with him) or Celes who has better utility and if I'm wrong with Runic it'd be handy to have.

Also remember to go check out the pre-coliseum and pick up a Hero's Ring there.
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
Kohlingen. Why do I know that off the top of my head, oh FF6 how I love/d thee
I think I will grab Shadow and just savestate a lot.

So...Locke, Edgar, Shadow and Gau.

I was never a big fan of Runic - it was always so situational. And Gau is the better spellcaster right now, what with Fireball and Fire 2 and Megavolt and such.

EDIT:
Yes, I still remember the Hero Ring!
EDIT2:
I made a Hero Ring in HR, too.
author=GreatRedSpirit
Bring Locke and see what you can steal (can you mug at this point? I don't think so but...)
locke can always steal but he can't capture at this point without a thief glove... which i mentioned you're about to get

cyan's boring as he CLEARS THE BATTLEFIELD OF ALL ENEMIES HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!
I couldn't remember if the Thief Glove was for Mug Capture or just improved steal rates.

Cyan's boring because he goes from slow boring charge / mash attack to
CLEARS THE BATTLEFIELD OF ALL ENEMIES HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!

I'd say there has to be a middle ground but FF6 is all about finding ways to curbstomp everything
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Uh, Sky/Bushido level 2 is "counter for like 4x damage," meaning that it's faster than Flurry and just as effective against a few targets.

EDIT: I did Zozo last night with Locke/Celes/Sabin/Edgar. I'm now going to Vector with Locke/Celes/Cyan/Gau.

That said, I'm playing FF6A. I... don't know if I can go back.
you're disgusting get out of this topic
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Man, FF6 was the buggiest Final Fantasy that everyone loves. I spent probably half the game trying to find things to do. I have this... massive... strategy guide for the game. It was this unauthorized version that I bought at a radioshack as a kid, and I could never part with it. The maps were hand drawn, black and white. Surprisingly accurate, but entirely unusable. I keep it for nostalgia purposes.

EDIT: Found it: http://cgi.ebay.com/FINAL-FANTASY-III-3-PRIMA-STRATEGY-GUIDE-FF-6-VI-/290533172983?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item43a52066f7

Used the rest of my BDay money to get myself Continuum Shift, Halo 3 and Fable II.

And already I have Ragna's funny ending... specifically this one. Completely unintentional too, though i guess not picking the really obvious choice was a factor in it.... whoops!

EDIT: Holy crap, Hazama is a bitch to beat with Ragna, especially with no usage of the Soul Eater attacks and Hazama's annoying regenerating health bar. He's being more annoying than Hakuman was in the previous game, and he's hard to beat for utter dickness
Wow, the Dragon Age 2 demo is pretty terrible.

Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together is about 1000x better. It actually has depth, strategy, and decisions that actually matter. My favorite game of the year so far. :)
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Just beat FFX. Rather cheaply, though (in my defense I had absolutely no idea Zanmato worked against bosses. Suteki da ne)

I am probably going to put a lid on gaming until April thanks to my shedload of uni work. Fun times...
@Yellow Magic: Anima KILLED FFX for me. I blazed through everybody after I maxed her out.

Will be playing some Bulletstorm and Alan Wake.
author=Crimson_Legionnaire
@Yellow Magic: Anima KILLED FFX for me. I blazed through everybody after I maxed her out.
Once I got Anima, I went straight towards the Magus Sisters, and didn't summon Anima ever again. I don't think I've maxed out with any of my espers...

EDIT: Playing some PW fan games. One is too easy, the other is too hard...
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
author=Neophyte
Wow, the Dragon Age 2 demo is pretty terrible.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NO.