WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: For some reason, I prefer the tactical spinoffs of the series over the main ones (don't even think about asking because even I don't know why).
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Plot-wise, I just started Chapter 3 in Valkyrie Profile 2 - Silmeria. Gameplay wise, I've been wandering various previously cleared dungeons for skills, exp, and crystals. Grinding? Yes. Troublesomely annoying. Perhaps. No way to get around it? Well, I've been looking into that...

I'm also exploring Timber, right after the event with the non-President of Galabadia in Final Fantasy 8. I've been hitting a mess of random sequences with Rinoa and Selphie in my party that I swear I never got before.

Spore more overhordes! My interest in this game has been re-kindled, to a degree. I endear the Civilization phase, but it's a tad too short for it's own good.

I was working of World of Xeen last night. Man, does that game/games/fusion tech bring back memories!

Self-jab: Now, like other threads that I've posted in, this one is bound to perish in flames.
Oblivion on a laptop, because my PS3 is dead, and I don't have the money to fix it.
Fire Emblem 6.... why didnt I find about this game sooner :D After looking for some strategy jrpg, I finally may have found one I will play. (FFT didnt grip me after so many hours poured into Disgaea 3, FFTA seems strange...)

Anybody played any FE games? Just two questions:
1) I wanted to start with some snes FE, picked 5, but couldnt find a good english translation, any tips?
2) Is it okay to start with 6, even though 7 is a prequel to it? I guess its fine, since they were released in that order, and it probably doesnt matter, I will just see the story from different angles, and it might be hard to go back to 6 after playing (probably) technically more advanced 7....... Heh I guess I kinda answered my own question here.
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
Recettear: An item shops tale.
http://superadventuresingaming.blogspot.com/2011/05/recettear-item-shops-tale-demo-pc.html
I played through the demo part here in this post to give an example of how it's like.

I just bought the game so I'll be continuing it soon!
Well I finished Lufia: Curse of the Sinestrals for the Nintendo DS a few days ago, and I have to say that I enjoyed the hell out of that game. It reminded me of how much I liked puzzles mixed in to my RPGs! My only real complaint is that the story moved at near light-speed, and not many of the events had much time to really sink in. Other than that, I thought it was an awesome re-imagining!

Now I think I'm going to start Golden Sun for the GBA, and then move on to the second game... some time in the very distant future. =P

author=SmileWithStyle
Fire Emblem 6.... why didnt I find about this game sooner :D After looking for some strategy jrpg, I finally may have found one I will play. (FFT didnt grip me after so many hours poured into Disgaea 3, FFTA seems strange...)

Anybody played any FE games? Just two questions:
1) I wanted to start with some snes FE, picked 5, but couldnt find a good english translation, any tips?
2) Is it okay to start with 6, even though 7 is a prequel to it? I guess its fine, since they were released in that order, and it probably doesnt matter, I will just see the story from different angles, and it might be hard to go back to 6 after playing (probably) technically more advanced 7....... Heh I guess I kinda answered my own question here.

Is FE 7 just called "Fire Emblem," and for the GBA? I started that one, and got to chapter 20-odd, but then I stopped for whatever reason. You just reminded of this! Gah. I think I'm near the end, so I'll have to finish that before I move on to Golden Sun, I suppose! But I love(d) that game. Never played Sacred Stone (or whatever its called) YET. But I plan to.
author=Ephiam
Is FE 7 just called "Fire Emblem," and for the GBA? I started that one, and got to chapter 20-odd, but then I stopped for whatever reason. You just reminded of this! Gah. I think I'm near the end, so I'll have to finish that before I move on to Golden Sun, I suppose! But I love(d) that game. Never played Sacred Stone (or whatever its called) YET. But I plan to.

FE7 is the one called only "Fire Emblem" , FE6 is "Sword of Seals", you're right :)
I also stopped playing FE6 and went on to FE7, today I finished Lin's story, so I guess I'll be moving to the longer one (Lin's story was kinda short and didn't even let me level up/upgrade my units much, I heard the second one is longer). I hope its harder too, so far its been a breeze, but I found out there are more difficulty settings after I finish it, and another game mode, so I'll see how much I like it, I also want to play Tactics Ogre for the PS1 :D

"The Sacred Stones" is FE8, I plan to play it too if I feel like it after playing FE7, but I hear its the easiest one from them all, and many people didn't like it, but I'll form my own opinion on that. There is plenty to play though, I also want to go back to FE6, cause its technically the sequel for FE7 :) So much to play, so many good upcoming games, there isn't enough time in the world to play them all :D

Not to mention I still want to play my copy of Valkyria Chronicles (got stuck at the big tank boss battle, want to start again from the start). AAaaah so many strategy RPGs, my head is exploding :D I guess I'll replay Flower when I get the chance, to just relax and chill, that game is one of the best games I've played (and shortest :P )

This is what I've been playing. Now the second time through with commentary mode on.
I just got Puzzle Quest(it had been on my Steam wishlist for quite some time and I had rented it for the PS2 at one point).

Why can I not stop playing this game!?
I've been playing Vagrant Story for the first time. I'm really liking its deliberate pace and the aesthetics. Also, I got my ass handed to me by the golem. Aaa.
Mount and Blade.... I got this game on a DVD from a PC game magazine, but never really gave it a try, until now... Like it, the combat is really well done, and there is a ton of mods for this game. I only need to get english version of the game, I hate games translated to my native language...
I've been playing two games lately that I think I should bring to your attention.

First off is Liberal Crime Squad.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lcsgame/

-One you get past the horrible clunky interface, the game is actually pretty interesting. A little on the tasteless side but that's to be expected. Best thought of as an open mockery of American political thought. The better you understand that sort of thing the funnier the whole game is. Just expect to be horribly offended at least once per playthough.

At one point I had my faction leader wandering around a crackhouse, randomly slaughtering gang members with a sword while wearing a clown suit. Good times. :)

The Let's Plays are also worth your time.

--------------------------------------------------------------
The another game is Propector. A Roguelike in space.

http://code.google.com/p/rlprospector/

-So many wonderful ways to die...
author=Billwilliams

Oh yes. I played a fair bit of Liberal Crime Squad some years ago and it was pretty sweet. I think I had it on a USB stick and played it during classes in school.

The pick-up lines were the best :D
author=Shinan
author=Billwilliams

Oh yes. I played a fair bit of Liberal Crime Squad some years ago and it was pretty sweet. I think I had it on a USB stick and played it during classes in school.

The pick-up lines were the best :D

is that a satire of liberalism? Or is it from the liberal perspective.
I just beat Red Dead Redemption. The game is really beyond words. Rockstar does it again.
Dragon Age Origins (ugh)
Suikoden II
Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
Soon Wild Arms 2
author=Cosmic_Sea
"A satirical console-based political role-playing/strategy game in which you recruit a team of Elite Liberal radicals and try to save the United States from a descent into Arch-Conservatism."

arch-conservatism
author=cho
author=Cosmic_Sea
"A satirical console-based political role-playing/strategy game in which you recruit a team of Elite Liberal radicals and try to save the United States from a descent into Arch-Conservatism."

arch-conservatism

still fails to answer my question, plus i read that.

From that description you could possibly conclude that is a game satirizing over-zealous liberals out to rectify what they believe to be over-zealous conservatives.

You could also come to the conclusion that it is a satire of modern conservatism from the liberal viewpoint.

benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Playing some System Shock 2.
you could also conclude that it satirizes both parties as fucking stupid (which they are) which is what i thought was the obvious conclusion

i was wrong apparently