WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

author=Liberty
Skyrim - It's a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Addictive, almost. I'm probably gonna end up an accidental outlaw, the way I'm going. I keep killing people by accident... and all the wrong people at that. Three contracts on my head so far.

Radiant Historia - playing along with an LPer I like watching.

Who? I'm playing Radiant Historia with HCbailly
I am Playing Street Fighter Third Strike. Soooo much fun :3
Crimson Gem Saga, love the graphics, combat is fun, and the jokes and references are funny too. Didn't expect anything from this game, but it turned out to be a fun one.

Also played a bit of Tactics Ogre on the psp... pretty deep, and pretty AWESOME... should probably play Jeanne d'Arc first so I am not spoiled by TO too much (JdA seems pretty "barebones" so far compared to TO).

So far, I am really happy that I got a PSP ;)

EDIT: Jeanne d'Arc might be shallow compared to TO, but it is so much fun nevertheless, my main game right now. I think I might actually finish this one.

Next up: probably other SRPG, will give FFT WotL a chance, never played FFT before. Played the first mission, there seems to be a strange "lag" in the menus and in gameplay sometimes, but I can live with that I guess.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
League of Legends. I just bought CZARINA.

I WILL PUNCH YOU INTO OBLIVION.

(and now you all know my LoL handle; really hard to figure out I'm sure)
Craze, I'm willing to let go of our differences to play LoL with you.

DO YOU ACCEPT?!
Craze
Natook
Craze, I'm willing to let go of our differences to play LoL with you.

DO YOU ACCEPT?!

...what are our differences? Also, I'm only actually good with Morgana, sooooo.
I'm playing Pokemon Platinum. Yeah.

The funny thing is, i already know my aunt sent me the AWESOME Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, but i can't open it until Christmas. X_X
Craze
League of Legends, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology.
Happy
Devil's in the details
I just started Crisis Core on PSP that I'm borrowing from a friend. It's much cooler to be back in the FF7 environment than I was expecting. I'm pretty excited to get further in the game and in the story. The fist battle with Ifrit was immense, with the crazy looking Hell Fire and the remixed boss battle music - man.

I'm playing on Hard difficulty though, and sometimes it proves a bit too hard. I had to restart the first Wutai mission about 4 times, because I kept dying to some random foes. Then the Bahamut boss battle. I lost a count how many times I had to try until I finally defeated him. His whirl attack killed me on one shot if I failed to dodge or defend. I feel the hard difficulty is a bit too punishing, especially when I'm forcerd to re-watch all the cutscenes before the boss battles, etc.

I still haven't grasped how the uh, slot-system on the corner works, though.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I have obtained LA Noire, The Witcher, The Witcher 2, Fable 3 (which I will sell ASAP and buy Skyward Sword with the money), and Halo Reach (which came as a free download with my Xbox so I can't sell it, but I will probably not play ever).

The Witcher is lame and boring and has horrid controls, and LA Noire is awesome and fun but I wish I could fast-forward through dialogue when replaying scenes. Haven't tried Witcher 2 yet, was going to beat the first one before starting it, rethinking that strategy after getting about four hours into the first one.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I just beat Portal 1 for the first time. It was on sale, so figured I'd get it over with.
So what's all the hype? It was a cool gimmick and it had a couple good jokes at the end; but the portal hole is just too small for way too clunky controls. I figured out the puzzles in no time, and had lots of trouble just because I didn't hit the portal dead centre. It was aggrevating especially in the end boss where I had trouble walking through for controls alone. I would have thrown my controller, but I'm attached to this keyboard.

Portal 2 is up next; hopefully it adds more cake.

Also, tried playing Champions... Really not digging it. Maybe there was too much on the screen or something. It just seems lame. I play City of Heroes, and since getting into it, all the other super hero MMOs just fall short. It's a shame too, because Champions has the best presentation of all the hero mmos I've played.

author=Happy
I just started Crisis Core on PSP
That is one of my top ten games on PSP. It's really fun and more "FF7" than any of the expanded universe games/movies combined.
Playing Tactics Ogre PSP almost exclusively now, it is such a great SRPG, and I feel it's the best SRPG on the system (for me at least)....

-Jeanne d'Arc is fun, but shallow and the fps tends to get somewhat choppy... plus the enemy reinforcements out of the blue right in the middle of the map...
-Disgaea I played enough already during D3 and D4...
-FFT caught my eye, which it then stabbed with a fork with the fps drops during skills... UGH

TO is pretty much "perfect" compared to those, smooth and fun gameplay, short but cool skill animations, love the leveling system (leveling the whole class instead of just one character), plenty of abilities to make characters unique (and more keep popping up the higher level I get it seems)... And I only got classmarks for a few classes, I don't even have any monsters yet, the most unique class I have is the ninja.

The only bad thing I can think of right now is the crafting system, which is just so painfully SLOOOOOOOW, playing the animation every time I craft, plus forcing me to craft one item at a time....could have been done better.

I also discovered LocoRoco, and I love the music. Whacky, catchy, awesome. Kinda like the soundtrack for The Neverhood. When the purple loco roco started singing in that "french" voice, I was like "AWESOOOMEEEEE":

Also, the game reminds me of World of Goo a little, which was awesome too.
Gears of War 3. I like it quite a bit; much better than the second. However it's kinda sad how much has been recycled over and over. The new guns don't really attract me either. I tend to stick with the Longshot and the Gnasher, and on occasion when I want to saw someone in half, I'll get the Lancer. Unfortunately they did take out Longshot ammo in all of the ammo crates, which kinda sucks, but makes sense considering how much ammo you find. The One Shot is kind of a fail considering you can't be behind any barriers whatsoever just to even fire it, so there's sooo much repositioning. Plus the Retro Lancer is kinda of... pointless. Why use something that is weaker with a standard bayonet that holds less ammo when you can easily find a normal Lancer.

Despite all of that.. it's a fantastic game. Gears is definitely far beyond mindless shooters that are so common these days. (lookin at you COD) but the story, characters, and gameplay is great. Action rolling all over the place and sawing people in half never gets old. Plus fighting an overwhelming, evolving, enemy and struggling to survive provides a great feeling of immersion into the game. And since the enemy can emerge anywhere you're at, you never know quite what to expect.

Gonna play Kirby's Return to Dreamland after I'm done with this.
Craze
TACTICS OGRE: LET US CLING TOGETHER

LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

and now I have no free time

...because the rest of my free time is eaten by

HOLY INVASION OF PRIVACY, BADMAN! WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS, MY LORD!? 2
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
^That's actually a real game? Awesome.

I'm replaying FFVIII. Just got the Lionheart on Disc 1. I feel bad now.
I was playing some The Old Republic last night. It really is the best MMO that I've played in several years. I really love the narrative that the game has and the whole personal touch that they add to the game's main quest (!) is great.
Legend of Zelda:Skyward Sword
Final Fanatasy 7 Crisis Core
Radiant Historia

I very rarely play or enjoy newer video games, but these 3 are pretty good so far.
Is it bad that I am just now playing both Panzer Dragoon Saga AND Dragon Force?

I've just bought myself a sega saturn for cheap and realized that I had pretty much missed out on some good games...
Happy
Devil's in the details
I also started Star Wars: The Old Republic last night. I'm pretty worried it'll be a another massive time sink for me.

Ever since the release of WoW I haven't really been too excited of any of the new MMOs, but after playing TOR for 3 hours last night I must say I'm rather sold. (and this is before I've even got an access to most of the cool systems of the game like companions, class specializations, crafting systems, etc.)

It's very polished game that has lots of things WoW did right and additionally much new smooth features + the Star Wars atmosphere is great with all the original old star wars music and sound effects.

some pros I've liked so far:

- The new quest framework with fully voiced dialogue, multiple reply choices, and animated cutscenes brings whole another level of immersion to the MMO questing. For me this personally adds lot more fun and motivation to the questing and makes the game a lot more addicting.

- The character movement and combat feels very smooth, just like in WoW, but in TOR there's whole lot of more animation in the combat. It makes it a lot more fun when you kill your enemies and their physics respond to your actions in various ways.

- The environments have been designed well and feel very aestethic and pleasing, unlike in some of the new MMOs. Even though the graphics are simplistic, they work very well and the game has really engaging atmosphere. (at least for me.)

- Much more to come probably!