WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

author=Nightowl
I'm really tempted to start a "best console evr" poll thread.
Famicom/NES or the SNES, Anything is fine with me.
Continue on topic:
Playing Mother 3 (Chapter 1), Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (Turnabout Ablaze) and Phoenix Wright: Ace Atoorney (Rise from the Ashes)
Been playing Cthulhu Saves the World for a bit, and it sure is an "interesting" rpg game to say the least. The rpg elements seem a little bare-bones (no items, only two equipment slots...), but it is fun, and that's all that matters.

Thinking about trying Spellshard, seems like it is quite a decent game. But the graphics (especially the colors) hurt my eyes :( Will try to get over them, from what I hear the game is worth it. I usually don't have problem with older graphics, but in this case it is really hard on my eyes...
I gave League of Legends a go... it seemed a very tedious game. I played the first tutorial 3 lane battle thing for an hour, and only managed to destroy 1 turret. It looked as though I would need to destroy at least 4 maybe 5 turrets total to win, and I didn't have 4 more hours to spare so I quit.

I might try again tomorrow.

The thing is, it appears to be based on the things I liked the least in Warcraft III: hero units, EXP, and micromanaging skills.
So I'm back in Skyrim. This time I decided to play with the Random Alternate Beginning mod... I'm a Redguard Healer, apparently.
Funny, though - my story starts with me thrown down near some Dwemer ruin to check it out on behalf of the village nearby. Well, let's see. The ruin is locked. There is no nearby village. And all I have are two spells, a few potions, ingredients and a robe to my name. So, I hoofed it to the nearest settlement, which in this case was quite far, and managed to dodge some wolves and a persistent robber on the way there.
Thank Gods for the town guards who saved my Robe-wearing behind. I dashed off to the inn, then came back and looted their bodies. Karma's a bitch~
I looted enough to purchase a weapon - just an iron war-axe, but coupled with my healing I should be a bit better prepared for the world. Next up I might do a little dungeon crawling and try to gain a level or two before doing a sidequest. There's a mine not too far from whatever town I'm in, so I should find some reasonable treasure there.
author=kentona
I gave League of Legends a go... it seemed a very tedious game. I played the first tutorial 3 lane battle thing for an hour, and only managed to destroy 1 turret. It looked as though I would need to destroy at least 4 maybe 5 turrets total to win, and I didn't have 4 more hours to spare so I quit.

I might try again tomorrow.

The thing is, it appears to be based on the things I liked the least in Warcraft III: hero units, EXP, and micromanaging skills.

The fun comes from killing your opponents and coordinating skills and builds and strategies. Bot matches are /not/ fun and tutorials are tremendously long for what little info you get. I wouldn't base judgements of the game based on that stuff since it's mostly about the PvP. Only the really long games will go for around an hour. However, if you are not interested in hero units and EXP then this may not be the game for you. There isn't really a whole lot of micro managing. You just take care of your own unit. (Except for a few certain champions that have a clone/puppet that you can control) Be wary of the community though. Most of them spew vitriolic filth and you would be wise to find the mute button to save your IQ. If you do decide you like it, feel free to add me and I will gladly play with you.
I used to play League of Legends, made it like two matches from Level 30. I got sick of the unbalanced champs (Garen) and the community as a whole. Most people are just not fun to play with, and it only gets worse the higher level you go.

Also this describes it pretty well:
author=Shaddow
I used to play League of Legends, made it like two matches from Level 30. I got sick of the unbalanced champs (Garen) and the community as a whole. Most people are just not fun to play with, and it only gets worse the higher level you go.

Also this describes it pretty well:
pic

The game itself is actually decently balanced, especially for having 100+ champions. There are still a few champs that are just outrageous (Jax) or poorly designed (KARTHUS) but there are ways to take down anyone. As for Garen, top lane is basically just a counterpick game, which Karsuman has expressed great displeasure with that to me several times. If they are Garen, you just pick Teemo and kite for days. This is a common instance with several top laners. If they are Darius, be Kayle. If they are Irelia, be Olaf. etc. etc. Even if you lose your lane hard by being counterpicked, you can always come back. If you lose, just let them take turret, then freeze lane further back and just farm until you can start roaming. Mid is sort of a counterpick lane, but usually they are just getting an edge rather than a hard counterpick. Teemo is a hard counterpick to Garen, where no matter what Garen does, and how terrible the Teemo is, Teemo will more than likely win the lane. If I'm Lux in Mid against a Fizz, I have a better chance of losing, but I can still harass them down for a kill. Bot Lane is probably the most balanced because most ADC champs are "right click and win" types. More dependent on what kind of support you have than the ADC champ.

tl:dr just find ways to counter champs, cause 99% champs have a counter method.

edit: also, yes the pic is very accurate, I suggest you find good friends quickly because solo queue will cause stomach ulcers from rage. I play regularly with Karsuman, Craze, a few IRL friends, the rare good people that I find, and sometimes Chaos. I don't really play on my own for the reasons described by you.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Real Lives 2010
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
Isn't ctrl-alt-del just a horrible Penny Arcade ripoff?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Penny Arcade is a horrible rip-off of itself.

Re: LoL, sometimes people are dicks but, uh, yeah. Find some decent people or actual friends and play with them. Like Natook said, there are a few of us on already! I'm only a dick about 10% of the time!
Ctrl-alt-del is an awesome "gamer" comic on it's own, everything is a rip-off of everything nowadays...Dante's Inferno is an obvious GoW rip-off, yet it is an awesome game in it's own right.... anyways, on topic:

Persona 3 Portable - I vowed to play this game again and try to get further, so I'm doing that. It helps that the game is awesome in every way, and I really like the SMT universe (will probably try to go through a whole Devil Survivor game later, if I actually manage to get through P3P first, I REALLY need to start finishing the games I play instead of going about 7-10 hours in and switching to another game).

And on PC: SpaceChem, a very unique puzzle game, never played anything like it, feels like programming.... So hard and so satisfying, probably too complex for my little brain, will see how far I can get. Check it out if you never heard about it.

So I know it is for kids and what not, but I just started playing Pirates 101, it is pretty good actually, nice combat, fun universe, and I love me some pirates. I cannot remember my pirate name offhand, but if you decide to start playing, let me know. I'll play with ya.
Tales of the Abyss and Pokemon Black 2.

Mostly Pokemon though because I'm addicted to online battling and making awesome teams.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
Eh, well Bum Tickley did fail at making a more dramatic comic strip about miscarriage.

Anyhoo, I'm still playing Fallout New Vegas.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Realising I've never beaten a game on Hard mode, I've begun attempting just that...with Castlevania: Ecclesia. Goodbye, sanity...

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAAAARHGDHREHRHERHAEDREWHRHAERHARHHRHRHRR
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
author=Yellow Magic

You should try Ultimate Ghosts n' Goblins on Ultimate Mode next! :D
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Isrieri
author=Yellow Magic
You should try Ultimate Ghosts n' Goblins on Ultimate Mode next! :D
Why don't I just throw myself off the roof of a 12 story building...:<

I'm actually making decent progress in Ecclesia. About 15 deaths since the start, I've managed to beat the first boss (and scoring a medal, to boot). Unfortunately the forest area keeps ripping me to shreds thanks to the motherfreaking winged gargoyle thingies everywhere. >:(
I'm kicking it with Advance Wars: Dual Strike and Dark Conflict (Playing the EU version). Advance Wars are awesome.

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I'm on some sort of wild side-content binge with Majora's Mask right now. Already found my way into possession of the Great Fairy Sword, Fierce Deity Mask, all six Bottles and a completed Bomber's Journal. Now I'm going to finish off the two dungeons I didn't get all of the Stray Fairies from and see how far I can push myself into collecting the rest of the Pieces of Heart.

The path is coming to an end.
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Almost beat it! On the Skyloft Silent Realm (way too hard!).