WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Picked up the Binding of Isaac remake. Plays well enough, god lucky on my second run to get the three devil deals to unlock the loki-type guy which I used to unlock Cain, Samson, and Eve and get a Mom clear run. I do like the gameplay updates and native gamepad support (when it works) but the new art style, while looks sharp in game, looks like garbage on art and cutscenes and the music is now just boring. There's also the mentality problem where I try to use my original BoI knowledge and there's lots of unlearning I have to do. Maybe it'll grow on me.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Just finished beating the "story" of Destiny and re-playing through the Call of Duty: Ghosts campaign. I also just got done with the RPGMaker game demos Essence Enforcer and ReCrisis.

I am now currently playing Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Alien Isolation.
currently replaying Legend of Dragoon
from RMK-games playing Gray Garden
Playing Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. I finally gave in and bought a PS4. Had to buy a new monitor, because my old one didn’t even have an hdmi port, and I wanted to take full advantage of the 1080p resolution... And boy was it worth all the money, them next-gen graphics. Soooo gooood. And the game is lots of fun so far (I love LotR).
Besides, I can’t say no to games like Disgaea 5, DA: Inquisition (which seems to be leaps and bounds better than DA2 or perhaps even DA:O, judging from early "reviews"), Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Arkham Knight....

It was hella expensive, but I knew I would have to buy it sooner or later, so sooner it is. Although now my PS3 backlog is probably never gonna get sorted :P
I'm playing Mystic Quest, or rather slogging through Mystic Quest. Oh boy, this game sure is a relic of a time when games were meant to keep kids busy for a loooong time. xD ...I've been at it for the last couple days and I think I'm past the first half of the game, but so far my main concern -despite all of the game's faults- is that there's little to no story or character development to it.

The reason this is a concern to me is because I'm planning on remaking the game. And I guess the first order of business is to decide if I keep the story as it is, simple and lighthearted, or if I make it more "dark" and complex... Uhm, opinions?
Mario Kart 8 DLC. Oooh yeah, racing as Link is nice. Too bad he's a heavyweight with zero handling and the first course is Yoshi Circuit... FML.

Great batch of DLC, though. Mute City is freaking awesome, and while Hyrule Circuit isn't anything amazing as far as layout is concerned, it's freaking gorgeous. I just want to get out of my kart and go exploring in that version of Hyrule.
author=AlphaOmega247
Mario Kart 8 DLC. Oooh yeah, racing as Link is nice. Too bad he's a heavyweight with zero handling and the first course is Yoshi Circuit... FML.

Great batch of DLC, though. Mute City is freaking awesome, and while Hyrule Circuit isn't anything amazing as far as layout is concerned, it's freaking gorgeous. I just want to get out of my kart and go exploring in that version of Hyrule.

I love that DLC to bits. I'm actually ecstatic to have Yoshi Circuit back.

I've been playing a decent amount of Warlords of Draenor. WoW's last two expansions were stinkers, but this one? Oh man, I haven't felt this engaged and immersed in the game since Burning Crusade, maybe even vanilla. The narrative, storytelling, world design, and quests haven't been this good in years. If you're a former player who is sort of on the fence and wondering if the game is worth resubscribing for, I'd say it's a definite yes! Especially if you're an old player who felt disillusioned with recent expansions like I did. I couldn't enjoy Cataclysm or Mists of Pandaria dropped the game for a little over two years, but here I am LOVING Warlords of Draenor. I didn't think WoW still had it and couldn't couldn't make me feel this way anymore, but god damn! Potentially the best expansion, easily giving Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King a run for their money.

It's also getting universal praise from the players, and that's saying something after the last two expansions.

PS - Yrel is the most amazing lore character Blizzard has ever pulled out of nowhere.

YOU TELL 'EM, YREL.
author=AlphaOmega247

Yeah, the new DLC is fantastic, and making me really excited for the second pack. I was ecstatic when I heard Yoshi Circuit was coming back, cause that's my favourite track in the whole series. Also holy crap, Mute City is gorgeous in every possible way.

I have been playing League and learning how to play ADC champs, which is a lot fun. Although CSing at low levels is a humongous pain in the ass. Once the new jungle stuff comes out I'm going to learn that as well, since they're finally making the jungle somewhat interesting with all the planned updates.

Twitch is love, Twitch is life. Twitch is my main. Figures that my favourite champ would be the freaking anthropomorphic rat. I swear I don't plan these things, you guys.

EDIT:

I'd also like to mention that I am anxiously awaiting Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. I'm hoping to play a fucking legitimate Pokemon game after the travesty of X and Y. Feels like it's been so long since I had an enjoyable journey around the Pokemon World.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
This weekend my internet was out :( so I played a bunch of little games from here and elsewhere I had downloaded :D

---

Remnants of Isolation - Cool! The spell combos were very cool and I think have even more potential. Some of the enemies were interesting, but some felt kinda flat. The story was simple, but very nice and cute.

Alice Mare - A little bit unsettling, very cute art. The story was kind of all over the place, but the dark fantasy fairytale theming was neat!

Carpan - A cool art style and a bit weird in a good way, but not much else! Also FIIIISH

Wine & Roses - I wanted to play this one again >_> The combat is still really good and the storytelling through little bits and quotes was cool. I wish there'd been more to the roses but it's a pretty small game, I guess!
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Pizza

Twitch is love, Twitch is life. Twitch is my main. Figures that my favourite champ would be the freaking anthropomorphic rat. I swear I don't plan these things, you guys.

I'm curious, why would you pick Blade of the Ruined King over other attack speed weapons? I see many other Twitch players do so and I don't get it.
Because attack speed isn't as important as Crit Chance and Damage + Lifesteal, at least not early in the game. Twitch gets bonus attack speed from his Q, and I usually play him pretty reserved or like an assassin.

Honestly, I'm just going on the recommendation of a friend who's way better at the game, since I'm trying to learn. This build works out for me though.
Dragon Age: Inquisition!!!

So far, I've wasted more time than anyone really should in the character creation portion of the game. Ugh. Maybe I'll actually play the game at some point.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
author=AlphaOmega247
Dragon Age: Inquisition!!!

So far, I've wasted more time than anyone really should in the character creation portion of the game. Ugh. Maybe I'll actually play the game at some point.

This comic is rather vertically intense, so here is a link to it.
LOL

That is so true! XD

Though I have now actually play the game for a bit, and it's pretty good. In the few hours I've spent with it, I think I've already done more exploring than I did in the entirety of Dragon Age 2.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
I bought about six games in the last three weeks and I've only played two for more than a couple of hours: SMTIV which was RIDICULOUSLY hard in the beginning (I mean seriously, OHKO's in the first freaking area) and Persona 4 Arena, which is approximately 1005.323432x more difficult to master than Tekken. ;_;

And soon Ultimax AND Persona Q are coming out...why are you doing this to me Atlus....
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
author=Yellow Magic
I bought about six games in the last three weeks and I've only played two for more than a couple of hours: SMTIV which was RIDICULOUSLY hard in the beginning (I mean seriously, OHKO's in the first freaking area) and Persona 4 Arena, which is approximately 1005.323432x more difficult to master than Tekken. ;_;

Same story, bro. I'm STILL burning through SMTIV. Truly, an RPG that you can go from full health to death in the first two turns of the second battle is a game that does not mess around.

I like to think that this video is a good representation of the SMTIV experience:

And soon Ultimax AND Persona Q are coming out...why are you doing this to me Atlus....

Ultimax is just amazing. When does it come out for you?
author=AlphaOmega247

Do they have real battle arenas yet?
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Among other things (replaying Battlefield 4 campaign to get the guns I missed the first time, playing CoD:AW Exo Survival couch co-op with my gf), I'm seriously playing through Final Fantasy V for the first time. After that I planning on beating FFVI for the first time ever (I don't think I ever even got close, maybe half way at most), replaying FFVII, and maybe checking out FFIV.

Why yes I AM on a huge nostalgia kick thanks for noticing. But I also see it as rectifying my shameful lack of immersion in the JRPG "canon", as a lifetime producer of what amount to "final-fantasy-likes", i.e. almost anything made by almost anyone in RPG Maker.

I also have the old Xenosaga games--never touched 'em before--in the mail to me because I've been yearning to sink my teeth into some scifi stuff that's both new to me and really really substantial.
author=Max McGee
Among other things, seriously playing through Final Fantasy V for the first time. After that I planning on beating FFVI for the first time ever (I don't think I ever even got close, maybe half way at most), replaying FFVII, and maybe checking out FFIV.

Why yes I AM on a huge nostalgia kick thanks for noticing. But I also see it as rectifying my shameful lack of immersion in the JRPG "canon", as a lifetime producer of what amount to "final-fantasy-likes", i.e. almost anything made by almost anyone in RPG Maker.

I only beat FFIV earlier this year (or was it late last year?), and FFV this year. FFVI though I played through 5 or 6 times now. I still haven't made it farther than halfway through FFVII. I launched FFXIII for the first time today. I am a former soldier, on a train, with a black guy, in a futuristic city, fighting guards and robots. Am I playing FFVII or XIII?

re: nostalgia

Mario Paint, bitches!!

FF13, if it was 7 you clearly would've said SOLDIER, not soldier!