WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Megaman was an iconic Capcom character. Not Nintendo. Granted, he was on mostly Nintendo console, but still.

A question that I still have a hard time answering is: why get it? Isn't the new Smash just a watered down version of previous iterations just with more

I had no friends to play Smash with growing up, so I had to stick with the single player modes. I loved the Subspace Emissary in Brawl, and was addicted to the adventure mode in Melee. Since the new smash blatantly cuts those features, I have no reason to even get it on my 3DS.

I don't know. I always thought that sequels to a popular franchise were supposed to have MORE features. Not less. The latest smash just feels like a cash grab to me.
I got the newest one because it has Megaman.
Duck Hunt totally owns that dog is iconic. If I was slashing characters from Wii Smash U he's be way late. Way after losers like Falco.

Also yeah latest smash solo is pretty terrible.
It's a real shame about FE Radiant Dawn. They really fixed the Laguz units that were pretty much worthless in Path of Radiance but magic got weirder and especially in the middle it's like a new roster of new characters every single map. The combat in Fire Emblem is not interesting enough for that kind of "here's your units, deal with this difficult situation" gameplay to stand on its own. Especially since you don't want to let anybody die. I want to play my favorites only, please!

Anybody play Shovel Knight? It's really awesome. Retro-style platformer with a chiptune soundtrack so epic it's one of my favorite things to listen to just because. The soundtrack is even free if you like: http://virt.bandcamp.com/album/shovel-knight-original-soundtrack

I also like to listen to the soundtrack while playing King Arthur's Gold, a 2d platforming online capture-the-flag game where you play as one of three classes like the old Lost Vikings puzzler and build up your base like Minecraft. I would really like to play it with somebody I know sometime.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
If they don't keep adding new pointless characters, they can't justify releasing new smash brotherses.

Well they could, but people would complain even more about how it's still the same game. (Spoiler: still more differences than new Pokemon games.)

If the new Smash Bros. had functional online multiplayer, it would be enough to buy it. Does it? It's still on a Nintendo system, so I'm assuming the answer is no. It still wouldn't be enough to buy a Wii U just for the one game, anyway.
Wow. Thanks for all the Fire Emblem info guys! I think I'll probably start with FE7, and if I like it get Awakening then eventually play the others if I get really into it.
author=GreatRedSpirit
Also yeah latest smash solo is pretty terrible.

I'm sort of mixed about the single player in general overall. Classic, for starters, is horrifically unbalanced.

Far too much risk for little legitimate reward (like, you face this huge-ass group of characters, and even if you KO them all, your score isn't changed much. The loot system at least gives you a lot of coins, but stuff like trophies and custom moves is so random it more often than not results in you just getting the same fucking thing over and over again) and you aren't given the ability to change stocks around, which makes it unfair as all hell when you're KO'd due to some shitty item (like the Galaga one) but you can't add an extra stock in just in case due it being hard-coded to two NO MATTER WHAT DIFFICULTY YOU CHOOSE (even 1-3, the lowest levels of difficulty!). Sure, it might add some challenge for some people, and it's helpful that the stock count returns to two every time you start a new match; and hell, by itself, it's at least more varied and exciting to play than Brawls', and Master Core is a HELL of a lot of fun to fight once you figure out how to avoid his attacks and you see them coming, but still, just... seriously, tone down the risk a bit in the next update, please. As it stands, it's just more frustrating than fun to play for me.

All-Star mode is great fun, though, imo. Far better designed than Classic, that's for sure. I love how you face all the characters via reverse history.

Homerun's still fun, of course. All of the endless record possibilities makes it really addicting if you take the time to test it out with each character.

Target Blast, though... just, why? It's fun, I guess, but they didn't have to take out Target Test for it; even if Brawls' version was terrible, it's still a series hallmark imo. They've been making 4 for almost as long as Brawl, I'm sure they'd have enough time to design a TT course for each character. I really hope that mode returns in DLC/a major update or something.

Multi-Man mode is still great, undoubtedly. I welcome Rival Smash replacing 15-Minute smash, since I always found that variant tedious, personally. And the Miis being the 'Men' this time around is a really nice touch.

Event Mode is also a definite improvement on Brawls' EM. Events actually feel creative and varied again instead of there just being dozens of pre-determined character fights and calling it a day. The final events are still kind of disappointing, though; the penultimate event is EXACTLY the same as before and the final event having the four opponents (Pac/Mario/Mega/Sonic) halved so you fight two at a time instead of all four at once lessens the impact a bit.

Smash Orders are INSANELY fun, though; easily my favorite mode out of all of single-player. And both variants (Crazy/Master) have enough differences so they don't feel like carbon-copies of each other. The prizes are always great, too.

Smash Tour is actually a lot of fun once you take the time to understand it. I honestly don't see how it's so 'confusing'; overwhelming at first, maybe, with all the features and whatnot, but I see a lot of people just write it off as just frustrating and dumb after their first try. It's really not that complex. I personally use it as a substitute for Classic mode until that mode becomes actually satisfying to play.

Overall, things could be improved, but I still have fun with single-player to a degree when I'm not smashing about with old friends and my bro (who seriously spends WAYYYYY too much time with the game).
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I'm watching my girlfriend play RedDeadRedemption. She totally dislikes GTA, but this is okay. Same concept, except with horses and you can't sleep with whores.
Still, she loves it so I won't bug her on the point.
Just now she unlocked a mule and her face is absolute bliss. Hahaha
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
To be fair, the wild west has more of an appealing mythos behind it: There was ruthless and callousness because life out there was rough and hard. Whereas in GTA there's ruthlessness and callousness....because.

THIS! The Samurai Pizza Cats game. Aw, yeah! This game never came out from Japan so I can only enjoy it now thanks to emulation and fan translations. But I would have loved to play this as a kid. Not only because I was fan of the show, but because this is the kind of game my kid self would have been able to beat. The game is painfully easy, but the controls are very tight (I wish Ninja Gaiden played like this) so is worth a shot if you like cats, pizza, or samurais... And let's be honest. Who doesn't love those things? :3
Been playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate since it was released on Friday (who said Friday 13th was an unlucky day?). Loving it so much so far. All I wanted from 4U compared to 3U was just more/bigger/better MH, and that is exactly what I got, plus more. New weapons, new monsters, returning old monsters (fighting a Yian Kut-ku after so long put a smile of my face, and I hear Khezu is back too, that fat bastard), NO UNDERWATER COMBAT (praise the looooord)- instead we get the new "vertical" combat mechanics, which so far have been lots of fun. The animations are a lot better too! All in all, a MH game definitely worth getting.

Also a bit of Diablo 3 on the PS4, the game is very different from what it was back at release. Fun, relaxing demon-slaying/loot-finding. Currently playing my lvl 70 Disintegrate/Arcane Wizard, only on Torment 1 so far, need to improve my damage. Adventure mode + Rifts/Greater Rifts provide quite a bit of fun :)
author=SmileWithStyle
Been playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate since it was released on Friday
I wish I still had my 3DS. A buddy of mine got this game and he wants me to play it with him but I can't :,(

I'm finally playing FF7! Took me waaay too long
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=alterego
THIS! The Samurai Pizza Cats game. Aw, yeah! This game never came out from Japan so I can only enjoy it now thanks to emulation and fan translations. But I would have loved to play this as a kid. Not only because I was fan of the show, but because this is the kind of game my kid self would have been able to beat. The game is painfully easy, but the controls are very tight (I wish Ninja Gaiden played like this) so is worth a shot if you like cats, pizza, or samurais... And let's be honest. Who doesn't love those things? :3

There's an SPC GAME?!? I must play.
@AE: Oh man I remember that game! I played it to death as a kid, and never understood anything because of course it was in Japanese. Man that sure brings back memories!

I've been playing Braid. The game's such a gem that clearly shows that Jon has really explored and fiddled around with the rewinding concept. The way the worlds (and the puzzles) are listed, I reckon, must've been exactly what happened to Jon's stream of thoughts - like hey I have this concept, what if I do this, and oh, if I can do that, maybe I can do this OTHER THING too?! - what I think is great about that is that the progression in gameplay matches very closely the process of exploring the rewinding concept, almost like a reflection. Which means that he probably didn't have to worry too much about stuff like "hey would it be possible for someone to be at this particular point and still not have a good enough foundation to solve this puzzle yet". This I think is also what Jon has been referring to as the "stream of communication" that he wants to explore even further in The Witness, so I'm absolutely looking forward to that game. Very interesting.

That said though, in Braid there are still some puzzles that IMO are just plain "wtf? What does that have to do with anything? How could ANYBODY even think of that?", like this one

Very minor (if non-existent) spoiler there. If you've solved this puzzle, you know what I mean.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Currently playing through RollerCoaster Tycoon for the first time since I was a kid (it's $2 on GOG right now!). Also on chapter five of The Banner Saga and playing the occasional game of Endless Legend.
I expected Roller Coaster Tycoon to be more open ended like SimCity or ThemePark, but instead all of the levels/missions/playmodes all seemed to be just specific scenarios with fixed goals.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
What a coincidence on people getting into old sim games. I just started playing SimLife on DOSbox. The nostalgia was excellent, but damn I never realized how complicated it was.

Still, I want to try to build a successful ecosystem where my custom species don't die off within 2 minutes.
I got my copy of Roller Coaster Tycoon free with a box of Honey Nut Cheerios several years back.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
Ahh man, I spent so many hours playing RCT as a kid. I loved that game.

There hasn't been anything worth playing yet this year aside from Life Is Strange, which I blew through and enjoyed. Currently trying not to go mad while waiting for Type-0 HD to come out next month. I am strongly considering taking vacation time so that I can play more than just a few minutes of it per day.
After a few days postponing it, I finally finished Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword! Yay! (Did I just said "Yay!"?)

Now I'm starting playing RUIN FRONTIER. Really good so far! :)