WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

My wife, in her eternal quest to make my backlog uncompletable, got me Saint's Row 3 and 4 the other week...so yeah, lots of that.

At least I fully completed 3, and should be able to fully finish 4 before my next small vacation.
Yeah, but if ePSXe wasn't recognizing his controller for whatever reason, I was giving another solution.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
pcsx magically started understanding my controller so now i'm playing ffx. i had downloaded xpadder and everything when i tried to give one of the emulators i tried one last shot x_x
I use PCSX-R for PSX games, is very similar to ePSXe but is a bit more frequently updated...

If you have any questions about emulation just check this page, you can find information about other consoles too:
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/PlayStation_emulators
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Pretty sure FF7 is available for iOS now...
Craze
android 4 life

edit: also not paying $15 for a game that's almost 20 years old
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
I'm playing Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker, as well as Professor Layton and The Curious Village.
Craze
oddRABBIT, have you played the DS version of DeSu2? Regardless, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the v/a and general game because DeSu was easily the best strategy game for DS and is a really tight game overall.

ff7 has way more dialogue than i remember but the bosses are not as interesting as final fantasy record keeper would have me believe. i do like the dumb events like pushing barrels onto soldiers, though!

why is the translation so solid for tutorials but so "this guy are sick" elsewhere, it's like the characters oscillate between interesting people and dumbos on the fly.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Apparently PSP's are super easy to emulate. I haven't experimented myself, but my bro has been winging all kinds of rad games lately on the PC that are for PSP.

I've been routinely playing Taffeine Rush, which is a game that first acts like it's a College art journal simulator but then it gets really existential and involves inter-dimensional transport and weird half monkey people. I just got up to the part where I was told off by a snarky female Kangaroo for liking it too much.

A game I've been having a lot of fun with lately is one by one of ours, Engalia the Wager by Sated, finally got around to trying out some of his stuff. This battle theme is great.
Craze
yeah, ppsspp is the best emulator i've ever used. emulating psp is really easy now!

the plate just dropped in ff7. i'm not sure where i'm going now but the game is a lot more funny than i expected!
BizarreMonkey
I have way too much fun in Saints Row IV
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Craze
android 4 life

same
I am currently playing Final Fantasy VIII. I'm about 8 hours into it and the game is pretty good:) However, the only thing bothering me is the battle pace. Even set in "Active" and "Fast" the battles still drag on. I also don't like the fact that most of the fights rely solely on summons(having to watch them over and over to win a boss fight).

On the side I am playing:

Final Fantasy X
Valkyrie Profile:Lenneth
Dragoneer's Aria
Persona 3 Portable
Dark Cloud 2
Final Fantasy VII(as a celebration of the announced remake)
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 (English Patched)

author=Sated
author=XBuster
I am currently playing Final Fantasy VIII. I'm about 8 hours into it and the game is pretty good:) However, the only thing bothering me is the battle pace. Even set in "Active" and "Fast" the battles still drag on. I also don't like the fact that most of the fights rely solely on summons(having to watch them over and over to win a boss fight).
In case you didn't already know, you can hold down Select whilst GF animations play to bring up the Boost "minigame". There is a description of the minigame here.

I always thought it was a neat bit of game design; giving you something to do whilst the flashy animation plays!

Thanks for the tip! This makes the game so much better:) Also, I enjoy the interaction it gives where you can make your attack stronger by pulling the trigger.

After this, I only have to finish FFX and I will have finished the first 10 games in the series and FF12. I Think its time for me to retire this series, but I'll wait until I beat the FF7 remake. There is also a game called "World of Final Fantasy" coming out for PS4. It looks pretty interesting.
Firing up Dragon Age: Inquisition again for the DLC. Playing through Jaws of Hakkon, than going to try out The Descent DLC also; I heard it's pretty good.
My sister and I played some Super Monkey Ball today. Apparently there is a split-screen mode where you race head-to-head on the regular levels. A tiny problem is that the timer never resets, so on some levels it's pretty easy to end up with no players reaching finish because they fell off only once. We did a line-up of 5 of some of the more difficult courses and were tied for first place by the end of it with 0 points each! Still fun as hell, though.

Monkey Billiards ended up being a blast, too, as we decided to only go for trick shots. Honestly, it's hard to say what's more amazing: the shots we got on purpose; or the shots that we missed, but then turned into even more amazing shots. Like, "hit the ball, bounce around the table, and then hit the ball again into the side pocket" kind of amazing. I'm rather sad that there's no replay saving in that mode...
BizarreMonkey
author=turkeyDawg
My sister and I played some Super Monkey Ball today. Apparently there is a split-screen mode where you race head-to-head on the regular levels. A tiny problem is that the timer never resets, so on some levels it's pretty easy to end up with no players reaching finish because they fell off only once. We did a line-up of 5 of some of the more difficult courses and were tied for first place by the end of it with 0 points each! Still fun as hell, though.

Monkey Billiards ended up being a blast, too, as we decided to only go for trick shots. Honestly, it's hard to say what's more amazing: the shots we got on purpose; or the shots that we missed, but then turned into even more amazing shots. Like, "hit the ball, bounce around the table, and then hit the ball again into the side pocket" kind of amazing. I'm rather sad that there's no replay saving in that mode...
I have a feeling you might really like Monkeys.

I'm not entirely sure how to feel about that.

I played a game about killing amorphous blobs.

It was fun, was on armor games.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I've been playing a lot of Out There Somewhere. It's worth checking out if you haven't already.