WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
Destiny (yay for new PS4) and Tales of Zestiria are the mains whilst MGS V sits with only 4 hours in it and untouched since last month :I
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Just started playing Metal Gear Solid 5. I really didn't like the opening. I feel super detached from Snake. I'm not really sure what the hell is going on. I'm in Afghanistan suddenly, and the whole set up was so forced, rushed and unexplained (even with the cassette briefings). Presentation is garbage this go around. Alas, I'll keep playing. I like the concept (though lack the personal time to play at all) of sandbox stealth. Scoping out the situation with binoculars before jumping in is neat. However, thus far every situation has become a gun's blazing scenario due to my ineptitude. Pretty sure that will continue.
author=Dudesoft
Just started playing Metal Gear Solid 5. I really didn't like the opening. I feel super detached from Snake. I'm not really sure what the hell is going on. I'm in Afghanistan suddenly, and the whole set up was so forced, rushed and unexplained (even with the cassette briefings). Presentation is garbage this go around.

I haven't played it yet, but isn't MGSV built up pretty heavily around the previous games? I wouldn't expect it to make sense if one hasn't played MGS3, Ground Zeros and Peace Walker.
Dudesoft
I played them all, and am a huge fan. But there's just no set up or explanation on the in-between of MGSV and Portable Ops. Ground Zeries was just a mission if I recall. There wasn't much in the way of lead in. Unless I'm forgetting something critical, like Mother Base blowing up.
I haven't played Metal Gear since the NES. Did I miss anything??
Dudesoft
Not really.
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
author=kentona
I haven't played Metal Gear since the NES. Did I miss anything??

the memes
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i just traded in a bunch of 3ds games for $50 in steam money. time to play tales of zestiria!

reviews say the battles are fun and graphics are mediocre which is how i like my games
A steam game just called "kingdom". It's fun, but doesn't look like it will be fun for long. You have a somewhat randomly generated world, but the random generation doesn't change how the game is played, you will only change how you build up your kingdom if you find a more optimized approach. It can screw you over though. In the end, the game will only be fun until I've learned it enough for every playtrough to be samey.
Craze
that's too bad, crystalgate. it has a decent enough art style.

tales of zestiria's cobwebs are ridiculous!
Craze
I've only played about 1-1.5 hours so far, but I'm really liking it. The characters are playful enough to maintain the pleasant atmosphere without being boring, the port to pc is VERY smooth (and works well with kb+m although i chose to play with a 360 controller), and it seems to be a lot less stupid than other Tales games.

I'll post more thoughts as I get further, I suppose!

edit: Game is pretty solid so far. I'm >2 hours in now. I like the main character and sidekick quite a bit, and the battle system is very entertaining. Lots of focus on dodging and guarding -- it's how you get your MP back (er your SKILL CHAIN POINTS back w/e).

Moderate difficulty, between Normal/Hard. Gotta work on my defense.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
I just started Assassin's Creed Syndicate, and it is really good! I guess they're like Star Trek movies, where the even-numbered ones are the best. The combat is more Batman-esque than ever, which is a huge plus. I played the first couple of hours on PS4; the other 20 gigs is downloading right now, so I have to wait for that to finish before I can get properly addicted.
Kingdom: Got to a condition where I'm unlikely to win. Basically, enemies attack in bigger and bigger waves. You can counter it by hiring more and more archers. You can only get four knights, two on each side, but they are sufficient when you're defending. The problem is if you order them to attack. Each knight will bring three archers, no matter when you attack, but the enemies will have stronger and stronger defenses for each passing day. Eventually, you just won't be able to destroy a monster gate.

It may still be winable. I've heard people taking down gates late game by trying things like placing a wall near the gate and hope an excess of archers just wanders close enough (their behavior is wonky though) to joint the fray. There's no guarantee that the map even allows you to place a wall that's neither too far away not too close though. I decided to reset and put the game away for an undecided amount of time. Maybe the developers will eventually add actual late game features. Or maybe I will just try to rush the gates quicker next time.
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
author=Craze
and it seems to be a lot less stupid than other Tales games.

Put sunglasses on everyone, also maybe spoilers, I dunno; hiding it anyhow as it seems I'm ahead

Craze
I'm literally where you are right now. I just saved in front of the galenhad ruins because I need to go to bed.

edit: at 5-6 hours in, my verdict is: as long as you are okay with "doing a traditional story very well", and you like active (very active) battle systems, you'll enjoy Tales of Zestiria even if you don't like Tales games.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Finished Megman X1 and 2 today, reminding me that good games exist. I will say that X1 has so many exploits its hilarious.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Like which?

I started re-playing painkiller: black edition.
I had forgotten how fun it was. You take too long to get all the weapons though and the cheats don't work in trauma difficulty.
Cave Story 3D.

Egggh, it's not a bad port but I'm honestly way too used to the keyboard controls and the 2.5D aspect makes the areas kinda disorienting. I'm still trying to get used to it, though.
Craze
Why would Cave Story even need that HD version? Gah, people are greedy.

Tales of Zestiria does not disappoint.