WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

I am currently playing my all-time favorite Wild Arms Alter Code: F. I love this game altho I never got to play it until 2 weeks ago. I was watching LPs of it and everything and was superhyped everytime i rewatched it but playing it myself is, as expected, a million times better. I think I will replay it quite often xD
Spent a couple of hours with Sayonara Umihara Kawase, the Steam version. The company that ported the three Umihara games to Steam keeled over, so the games are all delisted now. However, Humble Store still had some Steam keys for Sayonara left, so I figured I'd nab one, as I don't have a Vita or 3DS to play it on. e: and they've now been delisted from Humble Store and Greenman Gaming as well, and I imagine it's also gone from PSN and Nintendo eShop.

If you haven't heard of it, it's basically a platformer with a grappling hook (technically fishing rod), but the hook's line is very springy, leading to lots of wacky physics fedangling to get to where you need to. Give me another 98 hours with this game and I might be able to describe the physics to you. Until then, my method of playing the game is best described as "expand/contract my line randomly and hope for the best", but usually the best doesn't happen and I just die. ;_; The general cuteness and wonderfully cheesy 90s shoujo animu/keyboard demo music helps take the edge of the frustration, but it can only help so much! It'd probably be a little easier at times if I remembered to use the Time Stop ability.
However, I do like that the game doesn't waste much time to show its teeth. Too many games feel like they're giving the player 30 hours to get accustomed to the basics, which is a bad idea because that's 30 hours to develop a lot of bad habits that might come to bite you in the ass whenever it is the game decides to take off the kid's gloves.

What I find the funniest is that one of the extra playable characters is the protagonist, but as a child like she was in the first game. Due to the chibi graphics, though, she doesn't actually look that much younger... The child version and "Shun" costume (her look from the Playstation game) change the music to that of the previous game(s), which is nice. I can always go for more of that auditory sugar bowl...

:/
Still steamed over this. See Sorey? See his DLC outfit? It's pimpin'.
See Princess? See her DLC outfit (which gets given to Red, btw)? It's fucking ridiculous.

That said, this looks bad but it was a cute scene. (Not shown - Sorey backing away in horror as the girls close in on him). I love the after-battle scenes. They're fucking cute.

(Also, you can see all their butterflies. Red's is on her shoulder, a copy of Green's, whose is also on his shoulder. I ship 'em.)

I like Red a lot, but they're pushing her as a love interest (hello 'pretending to be married in order to get past the bad guys check point' ploy) and they're pushing Edna for Mikleo in some places (the after battle scene with fire-sword lady doing fortunes).

I have now been joined by Red, Green and Edna and all have been given their butterflies. Princess lost hers. They're the only additions I've given to people.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Liberty
Still steamed over this. See Sorey? See his DLC outfit? It's pimpin'.
See Princess? See her DLC outfit (which gets given to Red, btw)? It's fucking ridiculous.

What game is this and what did her original outfit look like?

What am I playing? FF8, baby! I finally got to the point where I can sometimes Draw mid-level magic off monsters.
Tales of Zestiria and this is her usual clothes. Short skirt but otherwise well covered. The DLC clothes for the girls are all pretty horrible, though.

For example, long-haired girl goes from the left clothes to the right ones in this image.

Yeah, the DLCs... not worth it, imo. The game itself is great, character- and story- wise.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Liberty
I like Red a lot, but they're pushing her as a love interest (hello 'pretending to be married in order to get past the bad guys check point' ploy) and they're pushing Edna for Mikleo in some places (the after battle scene with fire-sword lady doing fortunes).

Have you been living... UNDER A ROCK!? </barettes>

i really, really disagree with the pushing. that scene is SO awkward and stilted, and Edna just likes messing with Mikleo. There's absolutely nothing romantic about it.

...good to see the blue exorcist dlc came out AFTER i finished playing though.
Pushing is still pushing, even if it's stupidly done. Maybe they make more Mikleo/Sorey as it goes, but where I'm currently at, those are the hinted at relationships that have interaction backing (there hasn't been much Mikleo/Sorey beyond 'brotherhood' atm, but I am hoping for more. I much prefer that relationship of the choices.)

Red/Green is also seemingly being pushed, so where I'm at in the story it looks like a triangle is being formed. I really hope against it, though. I like Red, I like Green and I like Sorey, but I don't like Red/Sorey beyond friendship. We'll see where it goes.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I'm not finding this particular DLC on Steam.
It's there? I think it's the Attachments set.
DLC costumes? Pfffft. 400% sized attachments are where it's at!

(Not pictured: Mikleos being a hat with legs)

Also, I am supremely disappointed to find out the The Red Star's unlockable EX difficulty mode is just the regular game, but running ~25% faster I guess. Oh well, I always felt the default game had a little too much of that 3D sluggishness to it, so this actually makes it more playable to me, rather than more difficult.
I lost 3 hours of gameplay yesterday when I ran into a mutant critter on the way to a save point and proceeded to beat the shit out of it... until it had just a sliver of health and pulled out some bullshit move that destroyed me. orz

I really wish the game kept tutorials to end of battle scenes (and condensed that shit down a lot), and pulled a Amalur: Reckoning with the Monoliths, departing world lore and interesting historical information. There's a lot of world and it feels shallow because certain things just don't get examined at all - which is weird considering Sorey and Mikleo being big on the historical thing. Also, parts of the plot just skim over details that would add depth to the story and world in general.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
did you turn off autosaving...?
Apparently so. That said I just replayed back up past where I was so no problemo. Just gotta make sure to save a lot more often. XD
Corfaisus
I lost an hour of grinding on FFT for the PSP and after a five minute fart-around on the way home, I never looked back. Granted I had already beaten the game, got Dark Knight for Ramza, mastered a shit ton of jobs and was just trying to max out my lesser used characters, but still. When you die to a Choco Meteor, you die for real.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Finally got a chance to try out a couple of the Japanese indie games that I purchased through humble bundle a while back.

Vanguard Princess - Eeeeeeh... I guess I didn't expect this to be a fighting game. I also didn't expect it to be one of those Japanese-y fighting games with schoolgirls/lolis in skimpy, ridiculous outfits shouting things in obnoxious high-pitched voices. For two rounds I just sort of mashed buttons to win, and when I lost the third round I just quit.

Not my type of game, and definitely not a game I want people who walk in my room uninvited to see me play. >_<

Then I played Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure - The protagonist is unlikable and the monster designs aren't really interesting, but I got a kick out of this for its gameplay. I'm just a sucker for 3D platformer/RPG Action game hybrids. Some minor collision issues can ruin your day, though.
I've been playing a bit of Rainbow Six: Siege. It's really good. The destructible environments make for a really tense game both in defense and offense. Only bad thing is UPlay and that it mostly doesn't work. But at least the co-op terrorist hunt has been working well. But the slow pace of the multiplayer has been fun the few games we've managed to get.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Just remembered I have Xenogears and Legend of Mana on my psp. Ffffff many hours to be spent today.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Amplitude got released to backers today. It is downloading on my PS4 right now. I am so excited; you have no idea.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Dude, awesome. Love those games. Frequency and Amplitude are among my fave ps2 titles.
Rockstar etc just didn't have that power over me.
The fact you can jam out your own tunes certainly helped!

Edit: those games introduced me to Freeze Pop!
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Freeze Pop is still very much in it! I finished the entire campaign in one sitting. (On medium difficulty; it's been like 12 years okay). And I got to see my name in the credits!

As soon as the walls stop coming towards me, I'll play some more.