WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Started an Archibald campaign of Heroes 2. Casting Armageddon with -128 spell power is just as broken/awesome as it was the first time!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar

if you can't beat 'em, join 'em
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
author=Craze
if you can't beat 'em, join 'em

https://giant.gfycat.com/ReadyColossalHoneyeater.mp4

Can't get in to the new Deus Ex. Overwatch's fluidity of movement has completely ruined other FPSes for me now.

So, I've been playing the original Grandia instead, which I'd never tried before! I really liked the sequel, and was surprised that the original more or less retained the battle system (I'd always assumed it was a more generic battle system, for some reason). And the dialog is just charming enough to not get on my nerves.
Craze
Ah, I'm actually playing Grandia 2 right now! I seem to be playing the series in reverse order.

And yeah I saw that on reddit, I liked the GoT one the best XD
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Oh yeah, I'm definitely getting a bit of use out of that one in the early game.

God, I can't wait to bench Sue forever.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Oh no I started playing world of warcraft again, what have I done

I'm so hyped for the new expansion though guys

corgis own

(I'm playing the horrible gatcha games of Brave Exvius and Seven Knights, kill me now tia)
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I am seriously beginning to wonder if I will ever get to finish all the games I plan to by the time I die. Thank god I'm only 32, but still...
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Ruby Playthrough Update! Haven't played as much considering college, but here's where my teams at!
Current team:
(Vigoroth)Xyla Lvl 30 I refuse to evolve her to slaking.
(Mawile)Succubus Lvl 29
(Tropius)Neeka Lvl 27
(Barboach) Cage lvl 29
(Gulpin) Gastra lvl 30
(Slugma) Magamus lvl 32
I traded out lots of Pokemon after sudden flashbacks of having used them before, or that they would be decidedly less useful than others I haven't used before.

5th badge gotten, continuing on.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Playing lots of FFXIV. I finally got up to Ishgard, so now I can unlock the extra classes I want to play.

Prior to that...

I got a new bow.

I looked cool.

I rode Magitek armor with Mawk.

And I finally got a gun.

Craze
i got warrior of light today in brave exvius! i hate that i like it because it's terrible but also kind of interesting? i refuse to give money to the shit drop rates though. i'm just gonna save up lapis in an attempt to get like, hope or balthier in the future months. ffrk is the superior game by far, although BE has a better interface.

...i play BE between Overwatch matches because it's turn-based.
Dark Souls: Beat the DLC. Manus took a few tries, but he fell as soon as I started to circlestrafe him clockwise instead of counter-clockwise. I don't know why that made him easier, but it did. I never faced Kalameet, but I didn't even see Gough and I found that I didn't really enjoy the DLC and as such I didn't feel like searching.

I also started the new game plus, but I'm not enjoying it. The problem is that there are no new items to find, my weapons and pyromancer flame are already fully upgraded and I already have all the spells I need. The gameplay is not solid enough to carry the game without the joy of finding new useful stuff for my character.

I think I go with an INT character next, but I'm considering shelving DS and get number two and play an INT character there instead.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions, on my old iphone4.
Not a great screen size, but the phone's battery holds up, and I don't use it for much else.
This is my forever game. I've been playing it over and and over and over and sometimes just to dink around with job combos.
Right now I am doing Bard Ramza.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Finished Fire Emblem Conquest and Birthright, so I finally started down Revelation.

The first mission after choosing that path was to beat two bosses. In five turns. With only three party members. And only one of them being any help in a direct fight. Bruh.

So I'm a huge fan of the gameplay differences. While the first few missions weren't particularly hard, the map designs and gimmicks were a far cry from the prior branches (fog of war, breakable ice walls, etc.), and they were exciting to play through. I also loved how you were finally able to build both Hoshidan and Nohrian shops, so I could outfit my units units with their respective armaments. So yeah. On the gameplay side of things, I'm really excited to see where this goes.

It's too bad the story is lame. I mean, wow. It's really, really lame. Of course, the story wasn't the most interesting aspect of Conquest or Birthright, but at least their stories were simple and functional as opposed to... confusing. The reason for keeping this new threat a secret from everyone has got to be one of the most... actually I can't think of a good word to describe it right now. Contrived? Maybe. Half-assed? That would imply at least half an ass was given into thinking about the story, which I feel is giving the writers too much credit.

Don't tell anyone about this threat or you'll disappear. Because of a curse whose origins and function wasn't explained and we've never seen in action. So now I'm supposed to convince two warring countries to kiss and make up so we can fight this threat that only I and two other people claim exists from a kingdom that only I and two other people have been to. I can do it, though, because I asked nicely with big puppy dog eyes. Nobody in the world can resist those eyes!
It takes something special to top the blood pacts of the Wii FE! I'm still slowly plodding through Birthright and Conquest but first hearing about the curse was a eye rolling moment.
Still playing No Man's Sky... can't help it... I just love the game.
So many boring planets... but sometimes... sometimes you just find something special!
And then the monoliths and the small stories that hint a larger story...
My imagination is starting to go wild with all this stuff O_o
I even started a small journal xD

And I started the new Deus Ex... can't say much about it cause my PC is overheating :( But the first mission was quite fun. :D
I'm mainly blowing shit up in Just Cause 2. I have to say - previous gen or not, it's a nice looking game when you slow down and look.

Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
author=GreatRedSpirit
It takes something special to top the blood pacts of the Wii FE! I'm still slowly plodding through Birthright and Conquest but first hearing about the curse was a eye rolling moment.

It's been years since I last played Radiant Dawn. I don't even remember what a blood pact was. I remember something about the half-Beorc, half-Laguz having brands on them, which was silly, but I don't even remember the term blood pact even being used! Either it was just that forgettable, or I'm subconsciously repressing the term in my mind.

Granted, I'm only on Chapter 11, so maybe there is some perfectly reasonable explanation for why speaking to someone about a king in a different world would erase you from existence but clearly and directly implying the existance of such a world by offering to take people there is a-okay. Somehow, though, I doubt it.