WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
author=Liberty
What you playing on? I found that the switch version is decent. A little jank in some areas, but otherwise really good. I've been having fun with it. X3

I thought it was exclusive to the Switch? I haven't seen it available on any other platforms.

How far are you? I've cleared the story and am in summer of my second year, and I see the seams breaking everywhere I go now.
I too played RF5 and was happy with it. It was janky. Very. But the game was also very good. There are tricks you can do to make it less janky on Switch, I forget details, but it worked.

It all stems from companies these days feel like they HAVE to compete with the other HD games. RF is too small to ever compete with that. I'd rather they just did the old prerendered style again. I think the game would have run smoother and the people who bought it still would have bought it and likely been happier.

I'm aware Frontier and Tides of Destiny weren't the DS styled prerendered, but those were not HD when it was made and I feel like smaller companies can pull off a lot more before the HD development became a standard.

It's a similar fate with Camelot (who make Mario Golf and Mario Tennis now, once made Golden Suns, made Shining Forces way back when). Before HD, their 3D games looked fantastic. Now that they are doing HD, it is a bit off looking and a lot of their style was lost in the transition.

I'm personally happy these companies are still going, but I just wish they allow themselves (or whoever is in charge of them) let them go back to what they do best and not demand the same standards as much larger companies.
author=Red_Nova
author=Liberty
What you playing on? I found that the switch version is decent. A little jank in some areas, but otherwise really good. I've been having fun with it. X3
I thought it was exclusive to the Switch? I haven't seen it available on any other platforms.

How far are you? I've cleared the story and am in summer of my second year, and I see the seams breaking everywhere I go now.

I thought it was on steam too? I'm almost through second year, and the story is running out.

I mean, after story ends I'd understand it getting a bit blander. That's the case for the other games too.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
So, I've been doing some Freelancer along side Wing Commander - Privateer. The core game-loop is very similar, but, like, there's not enough free-roaming in Freelancer. Well, let me backpedal on that statement a bit. I guess you can ignore the story-missions when they pop up. However, they pop up after maybe two or three free-roaming missions, and that partially annoys me. Meanwhile, in Privateer, I've maxed out my Tarsus as much as I am willing to, while having upwards of 40000 credits, 30 missions under my belt, all while not having touched the story at all. Probably will continue to not touch it until I own a Galaxy or Centurion.

All the while, I might be getting ideas/inspiration for either a new project, or Myriad Cypher 2.

*Edit: I've also been trying out the PC port of Shadow of Destiny. I used to own this game on PS2, but, the disc broke on me. I was talking to LordBlueRouge on Discord about this game three or four days ago, and I decided to give this game another go. I'm using a walkthrough to help me along. I'm not concerned with getting a 100% completion rate, I'm mostly using it to get my bearings on what I'm supposed to be doing.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Classic Suikoden.
Of all things: the SM64 randomizer... along with LTTP randomizer and Super Metroid randomizer via https://archipelago.gg/ where me and my coworkers find a star or an item, and send each other whatever random thing there is. We've been playing it every lunch break and it's pretty fun! I've never gotten around to beating SM64 let alone getting 100%, so it gets me out of my comfort zone to do levels out of order and to basically get stars because they're the only ones I can get. Another interesting aspect is that Pink Bob-Omb Cannons and the caps are also technically items. So if I unlock a cannon, well it just might turn into an item that goes to someone else (and no cannon), so someone else has to unlock the cannons for me. Meaning without the wing cap or a cannon almost half of Bob-omb battlefield is inaccessible. Weird conumdrum to be in.

I often wonder what doing things out of order really does to the experience. Generally in a normal playthrough of SM64 I try to just do the stars in order as best I can and then move on to the next, I imagine the majority of playthroughs are the same but the randomizer does make you do much weirder out of the way orders. Yet it's still just SM64. LTTP and Super Metroid randomizers feel different because it forces you to learn tricks/strats you otherwise wouldn't deal with, (One coworker didn't have the sword in LTTP for the longest time, another coworker didn't have regular bombs but had power bombs). SM64 I'm sure theres some wing cap-less strat for some stars but instead I'm just kinda getting what I can feasibly get. But just on a pure brain level on how the pacing and difficulty peaks and dips feels to play it's really hard to parse unless I played normal sm64 like a hundred times. Playing it on the 60 fps PC port is a goddamn dream though, so that's certainly adding to the experience.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Fallout 2 on comp, Fallout 4 on ps4 and Fallout Shelter on my phone. XD
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Final Fantasy XV

Final Fantasy Strangers of Paradise Demo. Heh, kind of hard to get use too at first with the battles.
Been going hard in TMNT Shredder's Revenge. It is such an amazing game and wild nostalgia trip. A+ game.
Marrend
So, I just completed Legaia 2 - Duel Saga. This was a fun little romp, and has some really cool tunes. I've also dropped Shadow of Destiny. Again. ;_;

I'd rather not get into my reasons for this, but, let's just say that I'd rather the game's focus be on the "why" rather than the "how".
Legaia 2 was a fun game, yeah! I remember really enjoying the puzzles in it.
Marrend
So, I decided to see if I could find a way to speed up acquiring Special Techniques in Legend of Mana. From what I've read, the game keeps track of a set of variables that increment based on the weapon and skills equipped. Then, once they reach a certain value, the player learns various Techs.

Of course, the values in question aren't accessible to the player. However, I've read that the possible values for these variables lie between 0 and 100. The fact that the value is probably stored as one byte of data means there's a lot of potential values to look at. That, and the current value for these variables are not necessarily known. On the bright side, I know by how much they can increase, so, that can limit the field of possibility by a touch.

*Edit: For what it's worth, I thought I had discovered something with Cheat Engine, but, was not learning the Tech I wanted to learn. I just discovered that I misread the Tech requirements, though, so, maybe there's still hope that I actually found the variables I was looking for.
Zakariya
Every misdeed has its own punishment, and every good deed has its reward.
I recently played a Bomberman game on the Sega Saturn.

It was alright, although the similarities it had to an arcade game were undoubtedly awesome.
Beat SM64 on the randomizer, pretty fun run though I gotta go back to do a red coin challenge just to unlock something for a coworker who's still doing LTTP. Next up is the FF1 multi-randomizer a game I've beaten on PSP and the Remaster but never the NES version so that should be interesting especially with a proc gen map.
I'm playing SOME PRETTY DELAYED SPAM THERE WITH A SPAM EDIT ABOUT A YEAR AFTER THE FACT right now, and I think it is the absolute peak of World of Warcraft gameplay-wise. There was so much to do every week whether it be doing dailies, dungeons, and raids on your main character or leveling and gearing an alt character. The dungeons were plenty in numbers and quite enjoyable and raids were amazing.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Wild Arms 5.
author=qusiabi
I'm playing WoW Classic TBC right now, and I think it is the absolute peak of World of Warcraft gameplay-wise. There was so much to do every week whether it be doing dailies, dungeons, and raids on your main character or leveling and gearing an alt character. The dungeons were plenty in numbers and quite enjoyable and raids were amazing.

That's how I feel about WotLK! I've been taking a WoW break since hitting max level in the current expansion during the week it launched since it didn't really grip me. I don't care about the new expansion coming out later this year, but I will absolutely play WotLK Classic.
The main game I've been consistently playing for the past while has been Space Station 13, on /tg/station.
It's like multiplayer Dwarf Fortress in space, but with a less steep learning curve, and you play as one of the dwarves in the worst space station in the universe.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Avalon Saga 3
Marrend
I've sometimes wondered about how Wild Arms 5 would go down. Like, Wild Arms 4 took out tools (which was one of the best parts of the series), re-introduced MP, and FP was a shared resource. To say nothing about the combat engine. Maybe I'll check it out one of these days.