WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Giving Dragon Age a rest for a bit.

Playing Dragon Quest V on the DS and also downloaded The Last Remnant Demo on Steam to see if it'll run. I remember watching my friend play it on 360 and not having a clue what was going on.
Playing the first Baten Kaitos. I was really curious about the huge plot twist so I forced myself through the game despite not caring about any of the characters and finding their voices grating to the ears. I finally made it to to main plot point and I did like it. I just wish it had been in a better game. Now I have almost no motivation to finish the game. The music is great, though and the battle systems has its moments.
Definitely turn off the voices. It is impossible to complete that game with voices. And that game woulda been a lot better had it been half the length.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
i tried to play baten kaitos once.

i made it to the second village screen.

then i shut the game down because it was the most generic, boring thing i have ever seen.
Oh c'mon tardis that game's world was beautiful! From what I remember of the first town though, yeah that was awfully generic. But it gets better!
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
you have failed in game development if the first five minutes of your game is, in terms of excitement, the equivalent of scrolling clouds/cryptic text in rpg maker.
Like 90% of game developers fail, then. :<
all game openings should be as exciting as final fantasy 6 / metal gear solid / megaman x games
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
post=140569

Playing Dragon Quest V on the DS and also downloaded The Last Remnant Demo on Steam to see if it'll run. I remember watching my friend play it on 360 and not having a clue what was going on.

TLR is actually surprisingly simple in execution, it's just there's a lot of underlying stuff going on that you keep track of/not keep track of.

It's also very fast. <3
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
post=140569

TLR is actually surprisingly simple in execution, it's just there's a lot of underlying stuff going on that you keep track of (or not keep track of if you don't care). I mean all you do is say "attack/defend/item/heal/spell," essentially.

It's also very fast. <3

EDIT: Okay, I don't understand the reviews so far. The game's antagonists are cool/bastards, the character interaction is solid, the battles are really fun, the interface is slick, there's lots of stuff to do. Man. The music and graphics are also A to A+ quality.
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
THEY TOTALY JUST ADDED AN ONLINE FEATURE FOR SUPER MARIO BROS X
Eternal Sonata finally came in the mail, so I've been playing it for the last few hours. Been finding it pretty awesome so far. The battles are the right difficulty, and the bosses are pretty well balanced, especially seeing a guarding is pretty important in this game with the damage hitting as high as 1k + on your characters, and this is within the first few hours.

The music's awesome as well, but I knew that before getting the game, thanks to youtube and such.
UFC Undisputed 2010 came today, so I'm currently focused on that today.
post=140742
THEY TOTALY JUST ADDED AN ONLINE FEATURE FOR SUPER MARIO BROS X
!!!
Just got myself Hexyz Force for the PSP and I'm really digging it so far.

Gameplay vid:
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I dunno - even I think it looks generic and boring...

Maybe it's just a bad trailer.
i saw generic and boring and then i saw the atlus logo. usually i realise this the other way round
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
*looks through collection for actually good atlus games (not counting SMT games)*

BAD

Etrian Odyssey - too hard
Kartia - too slow and AMANO
Ogre Battle - too much work
Thousand Arms - haven't played t but I assume it's terrible
Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena - ???
Rhapsody: a musical adventure - a valiant effort at something different but with bad tactical play, marred by it's rerelease not having an ENGLISH TRACK (not atlus' fault here)
Tail Concerto - much of the same, with FURRIES
Tsugunai: Atonement - painful battles, painful presentation
Stella Deus: The Gate of Eternity - THE MIST. unengaging.
Rule of Rose - too fucked up to even know what's going on itself
Baroque - I doubt I would have the patience for this one.
Odin Sphere - having looked at the back of the box, I realise it has nice graphics, but little else.
Eternal Poison - It's a tactics game, but DARK
Contact - First you win, but really, you lose.
Izuna - I was promised innuendo. All i got was this lousy roguelike.
Luminous Arc - FFTA was a bad game, stop trying to copy a bad game.
Rondo of Swords - FFTA was a bad game, stop trying to copy a bad game.
My World, My Way - fun idea, boring game
Dokapon Journey - this is it this is the worst remake
Riviera: The Promised Land - here's a tip: if play tester are madly mashing buttons trying to make combat go faster, maybe you should look into that.
Crimson Gem Saga - it may be a good game, but it's still following the same formula that ties it down.
Steambot chronicles - hot chocolate. and partime jobs.
Steal Princess - never have I been so dissapointed in a game that I wanted to take it back hours after I began playing it. I realise it's a "puzzle" game, but it can't seem to decide if it wants to be action-puzzle or puzzle-action, while having terrible controls, and a DAUNTING amount of puzzles to get gold medals on.

Good

Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land - seems promising, even if it is a wizardry game. Almost went in bad pile for being a wizardry game.
Sky Gunner - SUPER FUN
Disgaea - I bet they wish they could have published the rest of them!
Dokapon Kingdom - Most fun party game EVER
Yggdra Union - nice idea, with minor flaws
Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2 - greatly improved upon the original. Fun action rpg with funny dialogue and the characters bring it together.
The Dark Spire - the only reason this game is here is because it is a lovingly crafted letter to wizardry fans.
Knights in the Nightmare - fun, original, artistic, and rewarding to those who spend time with it.
Demon's Souls - you die, but then you get better. sort of. Challenging and fun.
3D Dot game Heroes - I'm putting this here tentitavely, and only because you can draw in voxels. otherwise, it'd be too generic and be put in the bad pile. Relies too much on nostalgia.

Well, prtty much the only things in the good pile are something that tried to be different deliberately, or were just barely good games of genres we know and love. I realize I didn't go through their whole collection of games, but Now I realise that they really publish a lot of bad games...
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
What about:

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier - Tits!

Whether the game was good or bad is up for debate I guess.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Well, just about every game in the BAD list was Atlus-published only, not developed in-house (Except Etrian Odyssey but that's practically a roguelike so it's extremely niche).