WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
I'm playing Persona 3 and Crash: Mind over Mutant, since I went out and impulsively bought them (I've been looking for P3 ever since I played Ill Will, I was so excited to find it pre-owned I was giddy :D)
So I just played the Medal of Honor Beta, and the game is horrible. It's worse than horrible.

I don't understand this game. They thought combining BC2 and MW2 was a good idea, but it does nothing well. You get 3 classes to choose from, which is basically assault rifle class #1, assault rifle class #2, and burst-fire assault rifle class. There is almost no distinction between the classes, so I don't know why they don't just let you customize MW2 style. You get unlocks that make no sense. One class you get an RPG, but it does nothing and is worthless. The same with C4. In BC2 that's okay because you can use C4 and RPGs to take out vehicles and command posts. This game you have an RPG that has a 0.5% blast radius and a horrible reload time in a deathmatch style game.

And then they give you killstreaks (lol). They are extremely bland. They are basically 4 different versions of the predator missile in MW2. The spawns are horrible, the map design encourages camping more than any game I've ever played. Since you can't pick up fallen allies/enemy weapons, they put ammo crates on a building which replenish all of your ammo. That's right, you can't pick up weapons (this is hilarious). The UI gives you no information on when you get an unlock. You can't see enemies on the radar, and you can't spot enemies like BC2 unless you randomly get this UAV killstreak thing (idk the UI doesn't tell you shit). I could go on. This game is so bad.

It is also hilarious how they are using two different engines for single player and multiplayer. Whoever did this design choice has no idea how to make a good game.

In other news, I am playing Tales of Vesperia after not playing it for months. It's pretty fun, I forgot how good it is! I especially like the characters and voice acting. 8)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Just awesome, one of the best PSP games out (2nd only to monster hunter)
post=144745
In other news, I am playing Tales of Vesperia after not playing it for months. It's pretty fun, I forgot how good it is! I especially like the characters and voice acting. 8)

It's been a little over a year since I played that game...
and I had like 1, 2 hours tops left before I cleared it...
these things rarely happen, but when they do, D:
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I hate it when I just stop playing game a little bit before I clear it.

I stopped playing Okage: Shadow king at the final dungeon, because it's a massive maze with hard enemies. I put it down for years, and I finished it not too long ago with my gameshark. I'd forgotten everything except the basic plot, and the ending made little sense. Worst of all, you forget all the little thing about the game that made you love it.
post=144743
I'm playing Persona 3 and Crash: Mind over Mutant, since I went out and impulsively bought them (I've been looking for P3 ever since I played Ill Will, I was so excited to find it pre-owned I was giddy :D)

Is it FES or the original? Anyway I am finishing up persona 3 right now. Kinda dreading the nonstop tower bosses.

I AM HAVING SUCH FUN
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
That's one of my favourite Monkey Islands...

...I'm still playing Red Dead Redemption. Pretty sweet.
i think it might be the best monkey island. lets see if my memory has served me correctly
I bought Sega Mega Drive collection cheap. At the moment I've only really been playing Fatal Labyrinth for about 3 hours.
post=144745
So I just played the Medal of Honor Beta, and the game is horrible. It's worse than horrible.

I don't understand this game. They thought combining BC2 and MW2 was a good idea, but it does nothing well. You get 3 classes to choose from, which is basically assault rifle class #1, assault rifle class #2, and burst-fire assault rifle class. There is almost no distinction between the classes, so I don't know why they don't just let you customize MW2 style. You get unlocks that make no sense. One class you get an RPG, but it does nothing and is worthless. The same with C4. In BC2 that's okay because you can use C4 and RPGs to take out vehicles and command posts. This game you have an RPG that has a 0.5% blast radius and a horrible reload time in a deathmatch style game.

And then they give you killstreaks (lol). They are extremely bland. They are basically 4 different versions of the predator missile in MW2. The spawns are horrible, the map design encourages camping more than any game I've ever played. Since you can't pick up fallen allies/enemy weapons, they put ammo crates on a building which replenish all of your ammo. That's right, you can't pick up weapons (this is hilarious). The UI gives you no information on when you get an unlock. You can't see enemies on the radar, and you can't spot enemies like BC2 unless you randomly get this UAV killstreak thing (idk the UI doesn't tell you shit). I could go on. This game is so bad.

It is also hilarious how they are using two different engines for single player and multiplayer. Whoever did this design choice has no idea how to make a good game.

Yeah, I pretty much thought the game was shit the moment I saw the 11 minute video. I don't know how dice obtained the reputation they have. I'm pretty much fed up with BC2 until they release that patch which I remind you, is 6 weeks late. "OH WHOOPS, ROMANIAN CIVIL WAR - PATCH PUSHED BACK TO NEXT WEEK!". BC2 is a fun game; but so many little things weigh it down that it's hard to find the motivation to bother with it at this point....

Getting back to medal of honor: Shit; how the hell did they make it more campy than MW2?
Geodude
i think it might be the best monkey island. lets see if my memory has served me correctly

answer: it is
Well the game is essentially squad deathmatch from BC2. The problem is that due to a lack of side strafing, you're forced to run in a straight line and not be able to check corners. You could TRY to check your corners, but you move so slow without the run strafing that you'll die as soon as your head pops out. Combine this with small maps (smaller than MW2), and you've got the perfect recipe for camping. The spawn system is also dreadful. I can scope down the map and see the entire enemy team respawn in a corner. There's nothing you can do to stop this. MW2 had it so if a single player pushes into the enemy spawn, the enemy spawn changes. This game doesn't do that. I got behind enemy spawns and sat behind a rock in one of the maps and got about 20 kills picking off respawning guys.

There's also the huge delay in your death animation. There have been multiple times where I was getting shot and ran behind solid cover, only to die 3 seconds later because the frostbite engine sucks (my ping in the server was below 50 just to clarify).
I started playing Rule of the Rose again for reasons unknown, despite quitting it nearly three years ago. I really want to get to this supposedly "amazing" story, but the game sho' is making it hard for me to do so...............

The designers really should've just made this one a book. The gameplay aspect was thrown in for the hell of it and it shoooooooooooooows.
post=144859
somebody play san andreas multiplayer with me or i will die. horribly.
I'd like to see why so many people were complaining about Episode 3-3's Railgun fight on Lost Planet 2, about how if you're outside at any point when the Akrid strikes the train, you die.

Aced it with a random bunch of guys, S Ranking it aswell. Only 2 deaths (Me and one of the others). If anything the hardest part was 3-2, with the TON of snipers which are all 1-Hit KO on your party...
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I picked up Overlord: Raising Hell for PS3.

Tons of fun - like evil pikmen.

Also, the minions' happy cries of "FOR DA OVERLAWD" whenever they bring you something is adorable.

I can't be evil with all this adorableness.
I have come to the conclusion that both MW2 and BC2 are both terrible games for different reasons!

In BC2, teamplay is strongly encouraged, but it is ruined by a lack of working voice chat, bugged hit detection, bugged mouse sensitivtity, crappy dedicated server system / browser (too much loading, crap interface), and an overall unpolished and floaty feel to the game's combat hold it back. The pings don't really seem to be indicative of the games performance either, as servers with supposedly 50 ping may or may not yield good performance. Sloppy.

In MW2, teamplay takes a backseat to personal glory. The alternate game modes the game offers seem trivial since whatever your playing always seems to boil down to running in circles and killing one another. The killstreaks encourage everyone to just look out for themselves to try to get that heli in the air, or to drop a bomb on someone for a free kill. IWnet from a gameplay standpoint makes no sense no matter what kind of FPS one would try to attach this to, but makes even less sense for this game.

Being that everyone dies so quickly in MW2, the split second ping advantage given to the host, or just someone with a better ping can be the difference between having a harrier bomb the shit out of three people or just falling over dead. The inconsistency is further exacerbated by the amount of subtle and not so subtle cheaters floating around the game; and because of the peer to peer system IWnet employs; VAC is almost completely ineffectual at combating them... Not to mention the slew of annoying and cheap tools at a players disposal; should he be inclined to use them.

- An ability to knife someone up a flight a steps using teleporation for an instant kill
- Explosions that have a retardely large kill radius
- A grenade launcher that kills you even if the weapon doesn't meet the minimum arming distance
- A pair of automatic pistols that have an absurd range, can be hipfired, and have good stopping power
- The ability to summon a helicopter that shreds anyone stupid enough to run outside without a certain ability equipped.

I run a stealth setup with A silenced Mini Uzi, a silenced SINGLE glock18, cold blooded pro, ninja pro, and marathon pro; and the game can be fun for a cheap thrill of the planets align. If I have a decent ping, a cheater free game, that isn't a hacked lobby, that doesn't randomly disconnect me, I might; JUST MIGHT have a good time.

...When's the next really good FPS going to come out?