WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Etrian Odyssey I is passe now. Don't bother with it. EOII makes the series playable, and EOIII makes the series amazing.
My cusion made me play black ops, last time I listen to her opinions on gaming
craze i hate you for having EO3

also yes i wouldn't bother with EO1, it's unplayable compared to EO2 honestly
To be honest, if EO1 had EO2/3's interface improvements and streamlining it'd be just as playable as the rest, just as long as it used the original force points, which I find a good amount more useful than the limit system of 2 and 3, nothing beats a good ol' boosted Salve to fully heal the party from the brink of death, and a boosted Appollon to bring down some of the tougher monsters I've encountered.
Craze
Meh. I felt that EO2 did limit breaks better than EO1, and EO3 does them the best. EO3 takes some getting used to and you have to set them up, but you get two actions that turn and you can put them on anyone. Indomitable might seem smart to have on your tank... but what about your healer? Maybe you want to super-charge your Zodiac by giving them and a Prince/ss Charge Tactic, then having the P use Attack Order. It also helps that EO2's skillsets are better balanced... but EO3 still takes the cake.

I love how EO3 cuts out the fluff! No more boring Stat Up skills (except for the useful HP/TP Up), and many more ways to restore HP/TP without a dedicated healer - and anybody can sub-class as a Monk to gain direct healing. Using a P as a healer is great fun, too. Royal Veil is cool, and healing while buffing? Sign me up! I also like that instead of having a third direct attack spell for each element, main Zs get access to Ether Mastery. It's more streamlined and more interesting. Ascetic Reward is both amusing and useful - it triggers every battle! Don't waste your Nectar; it's a free Medica or more to everybody.

Still haven't tried out Wilding yet. I made two (well, I made like twenty dudes and gave them all three points in Combat Study), but I feel like they and Farmers require more thought than just throwing them into a party. I've also barely touched Ps and Gs. Still, SO GOOD. My "main" character is a sexy blonde Buccaneer (second male color variation) who's going to specialize in rapiers, Lights Out and Eagle Eye. I'm probably going to have him sub F for some Harvestry, but I still have a ways to go before I have to think about that.

Sailing is so fucking fun. It's the only fishing I've ever liked in any game ever.
god why does everything i read about EO3 make me want it exponentially more

whyyyy

edit: oh a local gamestop has it used apparently

yessssss
Craze
Rhyme
Now just beware of those Largebills :D

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HOLY SH -
Ok after reading your responses, I put EO1 down and tried to get EO3 work, had to crawl through some threads, and found a way to play it on PC.

Oh-ho yeah! Seems to be working so far without the dreaded "crash after leaving the shop" bug.
Ygdrassil labyrinth, beware! Now I have to figure out what party to use, seems like they added more classes. Cool.

EDIT: Is it because of the emulator, or is walk speed considerably slower than in EO1/EO2 ?

EDIT2: Nevermind, this game will have to wait for when I actually get a DS... The emulator cant keep things fluid, ruining the gameplay :) Back to EO2 then.
I've been playing Ys: The Oath in Felghana (PSP). It's known to be the most difficult Ys game to date. Even on normal mode, it's pretty hard. The developers even added a neat feature where you can respawn back to the map as you entered before you died. If you die at least 3 times on a boss, they even offer to lower the difficulty of the boss. Sounds ridiculous but it's there and often, convenient.

author=Orig
999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors

It is awesome and you should play it now

Holy shit, I just got the true ending. Everybody listen to this guy. Ace Attorney / Hotel Dusk fans need to check this out.
Craze
I almost got 999, but I wasn't interested enough to pay $35. When it's cheaper I'll get it.

Currently playing Etrian Odyssey III and Devil Survivor. Both are hella awesome.
author=undefined
author=Orig
999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors

It is awesome and you should play it now

Holy shit, I just got the true ending. Everybody listen to this guy. Ace Attorney / Hotel Dusk fans need to check this out.
On it. Been meaning to try this for a while.

Just started Mischief Makers on N64. It's apparently really good and is pretty fun so far but I'm having a little trouble with the controls. Must persevere. Anybody play this back in the day?
asdfghj I am an AA fan but it doesn't seem to be available, uh, at all in Australia.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Playing a lot, now that I got this iphone 4!
-Secret of Mana, is awesome
-Shining Force, is just great
-Voice Fantasy, is a Final Fantasy 1 style battlefest, where the only control you have in the onslaught of monsters or duels, is the creation of your character. You do this by speaking into the microphone. My best is a mage that I made by saying "Doom" in my Dr. Claw voice. Everytime he attacks, he yells "DOOM!"
-Sliding Hero, is to RPGs what Katamari Damacy is to platforming...? You basically slide your character around by tilting the phone, and depending on what character class you are, your dude will attack the monster from ranged or bopping into it.
Chaos Rings, is a mystery. I haven't played past the intro.
-Pocket Legends, online dungeon crawler in my pocket. Perfect!
-Sims 3, is Sims 3.
-Smurf Village (not good), is a glorified facebook game with great hand-drawn graphics.
-Katamari, of course!
-Phoenix, is bullet hell
-Star Wars Unleashed, SW Academy and Star Wars trivia... I haven't touched.
-Spider-Man - Total Mayham, is just awesome. It's as great as Spider-Man 1 on PSX. I love it!
-Driver, is pretty good
-Monkey Island 1 & 2, always good.
-World War, is a facebook game too it seems.
-Piano Man, is piano lessons that plays like Rockband or something. It's fun, hard, and I'm learning a bit of piano!
-Angry Birds, I don't care about. My step-mom insisted.
-Drumstick Sim is fun, but I'm afraid I'll break my phone one of these days...
Then all the puzzles, Word Search, Sudoku, Solitaire, Trainyard, Doodle Jewels, Bubbler, Toobz...
-The 7th Guest, which Vellfire gifted me.
-World of Warcraft Armory... is great, but I don't really play ever.
-Dice Bag, for all your dice rolling needs...
and lastly, the coolest of them all...
-Star Wars Arcade - Falcon Gunner! This game is kick ass. You man the turret of the Millenium Falcon, which is alright, but the cool thing is that you can do real-world positioning. So you have to actually turn around to shoot at TIE fighters. This is great at work, in a swivel chair. Love it!
Hey Dude, did you ever play that Final Fantasy iPhone game where you pick songs from your library and each song yields a different monster? Kinda like Monster Rancher on PS1 heh My friend showed me that game before and it seemed cool. I forgot if it was an RPG or some kind of strategy/card battle system.

That Voice Fantasy thing sound rad. So you say something, it records, and becomes your hero's voice?
Dudesoft
Link, yes that's exactly it. The game deciphers if its a male or female, and I think voice volume determines the level, but I haven't really fiddled with it too much. I finally dug into Angry Birds... it reminds me of Worms in a way... but it's more akin to PAIN! on ps3.

Any idea what that songlist game is?
The name of it? dunno. I was driving and he was playing it while explaining it so I didn't get a look at it. I can find out if you want
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Just Finished Tales of the Abyss. Man, it was completely awesome, but it felt like the end of the game came too fast. I think the reason for this is that I missed a lot of sidequests, so next time I play I'll have to try to get everything.

Next up, I've been reviewing all the cutscenes from FF XII up to where I last saved, and I'll be finishing that next.
Dudesoft
Well, finally started playing Chaos Rings, and it plays like a traditional Final Fantasy, except you only get two party members, and the battle twist is that each turn you decide if they act individually, or as a pair (does more damage but is a single target for enemies)... Just started playing, so can't really comment either way. Graphics are amazing, and the controls are fantastic.