WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

I just beat Ghost Trick and, uh, get this game guys, esp. if you like Phoenix Wright and Prof. Layton and all that. The story is amazing and unlike in, say, Professor Layton, and the puzzles are 100% relevant to the story, while still being complicated and engrossing(there is some trial and error, however due to the way the puzzles work, everything works the way you'd think it should, so most mistakes will feel like your own faults(and check-points are generously splashed in, and retrying is just a few clicks, and all dialogue is skippable the second time around)). There's still a lot of the really corny Ace Attorney writing in there, but at the same time there's still the stuff that makes that type of writing fun to read.

So yeah, you should play it!

EDIT: Also the animation <3<3<3
does anyone actually like jakandsig

i am playing marvel vs capcom 2 because it's been a few years since i've played it and with mvc3 only a few weeks away i want to be able to bitch about the changes accurately because i am a big dumb change-resistant ape
Never played Marvel VS. Capcom 2, but I have played the first one. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the frightening fast attack animations made to cover up the fact the animation themselves use like 2-3 frames per animation?

Let me know if that question made sense.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=cho
does anyone actually like jakandsig
lmfao.

author=cho
i want to be able to bitch about the changes accurately because i am a big dumb change-resistant ape
still laughing from the first quote, and now I just can't stop because of this one.

I'm playing Lord of the Rings Online at the moment, since it's free now, me and a buddy have decided to give it a try.
Sick of WoW.
Although I haven't touched Cata content.
author=Chairmandrek
aren't the frightening fast attack animations made to cover up the fact the animation themselves use like 2-3 frames per animation?
not as far as i'm aware! i'm not a huge capcom fan but i doubt they'd phone it in that much

that said i haven't played the original in even more years so i dunno

author=InfectionFiles
I'm playing Lord of the Rings Online at the moment, since it's free now, me and a buddy have decided to give it a try.
i did this same thing a while back

lotro owns because HP = morale so you can do AoE damage by shouting and restore HP by yelling triumphantly. goty
author=cho
author=Chairmandrek
aren't the frightening fast attack animations made to cover up the fact the animation themselves use like 2-3 frames per animation?
not as far as i'm aware! i'm not a huge capcom fan but i doubt they'd phone it in that much

that said i haven't played the original in even more years so i dunno

author=InfectionFiles
i did this same thing a while back

lotro owns because HP = morale so you can do AoE damage by shouting and restore HP by yelling triumphantly. goty

I don't know, that's what I heard anyway. Guess I'll have to rip sprites to find out.
author=Pokemaniac
I just beat Ghost Trick and, uh, get this game guys, esp. if you like Phoenix Wright and Prof. Layton and all that. The story is amazing and unlike in, say, Professor Layton, and the puzzles are 100% relevant to the story, while still being complicated and engrossing(there is some trial and error, however due to the way the puzzles work, everything works the way you'd think it should, so most mistakes will feel like your own faults(and check-points are generously splashed in, and retrying is just a few clicks, and all dialogue is skippable the second time around)). There's still a lot of the really corny Ace Attorney writing in there, but at the same time there's still the stuff that makes that type of writing fun to read.

So yeah, you should play it!

EDIT: Also the animation <3<3<3

Shu Takumi, why are you so godlike? Also, Missile :3

author=cho
i am playing marvel vs capcom 2 because it's been a few years since i've played it and with mvc3 only a few weeks away i want to be able to bitch about the changes accurately because i am a big dumb change-resistant ape

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE. Can't wait for MvC3.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=cho

It really makes sense in a hero perspective, to have morale rather than health.
cuz' u a badass, an u keep fightin' till u can't no mo
totally agree with goty, the game is so beautiful too
I've been playing Fable III as of late. While I'm digging it overall, I'm somewhat on the fence about the big changes they made to the interface as a whole. I didn't like the convoluted menus of Fable II, but I don't think the Sanctuary was the solution to that issue. Plus, it brings a lot of issues in terms of believability for me. I know it is a fantasy game, but I can't stand the idea that I can teleport to my sanctuary, change my outfit, weapons, check my achievements, and return to a fight I started five minutes ago. You would think my enemies would be like "Screw this" and run off at some point.
It's just been Touhou lately, primarily SA and UFO. Been trying to beat the games with more characters.
It's a hell! If something goes good, I screw up later and vice versa. Otherwise I wouldn't have this struggle.

Also a little bit of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn second playthrough. Damn you, point of no returns!
Mainly Romance of the Three Kingdoms X for the PS2. KOEI Strategy games can keep me busy for a while.

author=cho

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE. Can't wait for MvC3.

Did that video just say "Old schooll"?
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
After repeatedly seeing Pangya: Fantasy Golf for the PSP whenever i peruse the local EB, I got the itch to play the Wii grindfest Super Swing Golf again.

I don't know what it is about korean mmo music, but this game, and ragnarok online always played me like a fiddle.

Anyway, I can't believe I just now figured out that to use power curves doesn't actually use up any of your combo guage... now powercurving like a mother.

Also, I figured out how to do pangya's about 90% of the time now, so I'm ultra syched (I got really sick of button controls) Last night I was a dancin' fool while unleasing Powercurve Backspin Tomahawks with regularity.

NOTHING is more satisfying in this game than a properly executed Tomahawk:

Also, the computer (in early levels at least) is so hilarious. It simply is COMPELLED to one-up you in every way possible, even if it is not possible. Once I got a super long shot tat avoided the fairway but was so close to the hole it didn't matter, and the computer (max) repeatedly sent his ball into the void of space at the enge of the level.

The other time, we were on a course with a bunch of windmills, and he landed a fairly good shot right in front of them to get close to the hole. With the tomahawk backspin combo i managed to land an even better shot. When it was max's turn again my wii grinded to a halt as the computer desperately tried to find a shot possible that would make him one-up me. about 30 seconds later it cried out in defeat and shot it's ball back to the fairway, nowhere near the green, after more failed attempts.
who fucking makes a playstation game in 368x216

squaresoft, that's who
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I always felt that the title screen of Final Fantasy VIII was something that they rushed at the last minute. I mean c'mon, look at that thing. FF7's too, now that I think about it.

Now FF VI - It had a title screen!

idk i liked the simple image-based title screens of VII and VIII. they could've centered the image though

also:
author=geodude
who fucking makes a playstation game where the resolution between the menus and the gameplay are different SQUARESOFT YOU FUCKING HACKS
i always liked ff10's title screen with the big URL for playonline and all that shit
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I'm not sure if this applied to FFX as well, but Final Fantasy 9's strategy guide actually pointed people to PlayOnline for some of its information. Not only is that completely backwards because people buy a physical guide so they DON'T have to go on the internet, but now the site is gone anyway and all the data they pointed to is gone!

Lunacy!
dug out my hard copy of final fantasy VIII. DRAW MAGIC
I kind of liked and disliked the draw system in FFVIII. On the one hand, it means that I don't have to watch for my MP. On the other hand, battles that take a lot longer than they should've been because I'm drawing magic.