WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I don't want to look at DA2. It's not the original. It cannot be better.

I'm beating FF4DS. Well, okay, I've been trying for two years, but now I'm getting Leviathan. Hopefully. I have no idea what I'm doing, really. I'm also playing FF6A and playing the Melody testbed a lot (I am making some of V&V skills in there because it's easier to clearly see if they work as opposed to the actual V&V testbed.)

EO3 is on a hiatus until I beat FF4DS.

stonebro: I PLAN ON PLAYING FF6 EVILTYPE TO CLEANSE MY FF6A PERVERSION OKAY

EDIT: Upon testing an FFV Xpert mod (I might not play it, FFVA is way prettier (DON'T KILL ME STONEBRO, MY FIRST PLAYTHROUGH WAS SNES)), I found something I have never seen in my several runs:

It's just a Phoenix Down, but...! (For those who don't know FFV (shame on you), this is the first playable map in the game besides the world map.)
author=Craze
EDIT: Upon testing an FFV Xpert mod (I might not play it, FFVA is way prettier (DON'T KILL ME STONEBRO, MY FIRST PLAYTHROUGH WAS SNES))

no no no! this is true for exactly the same reason FFVIA looks terrible, because they didn't have to kill FFV's graphics for the sake of not being backlit. the new battle backgrounds were an improvement too
Craze
Oh. Maybe I'll just replay the GBA version; I don't remember it being too easy, anyway. It'll be on an emulator, though - I have played through it on my GBA and my DS Lite and have no need to play another 2D Final Fantasy game without a speed-up button.

Still going to Vector in FFVIA, though. That sequence where you fly toward the city in the Blackjack always creeps me out.

Also, I am playing/LTing Leo & Leah right now!
FFVA is very easy *casts dark spark x number of times, lvl. 5 death*
Craze
I don't really... play that way, I guess. I make games harder on myself by not trying to exploit it, even if the tools are right there.
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
LEGEND OF MANA.
I just realized that I've played through the game a few times but I never used the abilities so I always pretty much had the default set. Now I'm actually trying to get them and you get stuff like backflips, grabbing enemies and tossing them and stuff.

I am currently in the desert since there's a pretty good EXP spot there for me while I practice getting the new abilities. Going to head off to Madoka beach. It's not Madoka beach at all is it? Madora. That's it.

If I have the cash for it after forging, I might try out the golems. I've never done that before.
author=Neophyte
Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together
strategy
*makes every character an archer*
*wins instantly*
author=Ocean
LEGEND OF MANA.
I just realized that I've played through the game a few times but I never used the abilities so I always pretty much had the default set. Now I'm actually trying to get them and you get stuff like backflips, grabbing enemies and tossing them and stuff.

I am currently in the desert since there's a pretty good EXP spot there for me while I practice getting the new abilities. Going to head off to Madoka beach. It's not Madoka beach at all is it? Madora. That's it.

If I have the cash for it after forging, I might try out the golems. I've never done that before.

I LOVE Legend of Mana! I bought a used disc back in 2001, though, and the disc just outright refuses to let me go to certain places. :( I wish I had bought this game new when it was released.
Persona 3 yet again...I don't understand why there isn't a "Kill Keisuke" option.
Star gladiator, wishing I had plasma sword.....
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
I did it, I finally bought MineCraft. I hope this game lives up to all of the hype.

Edit: Well fuck, scratch that. Apparently my roommate's computer's Radeon x600 graphics card doesn't support openGL.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=Ark
I did it, I finally bought MineCraft. I hope this game lives up to all of the hype.

Edit: Well fuck, scratch that. Apparently my roommate's computer's Radeon x600 graphics card doesn't support openGL.

Wahm wahm waaaaaaahm

Anyway, beat Birth By Sleep's Ventus campaign, and now moving on the the last one, Aqua. She's so weak, so I grinded the Command Board a bit and made her Blizzaga and Thundaga after world 1. OneHitKill.

Other than that, I've been playing 3059 again. It's a roguelike that doesn't get a lot (read: any) attention, but once you get the hang of how the interface works, and a few hotkeys, it becomes a lot easier. One of the few tile-based real-time roguelikes out there. You can fill your time making everyone like you, or hate you, taking on quests, building a house, exploring (or hollowing out) underground caves, etc etc.

There's an added bit of fun if you have multiple people playing the game. The world is hugenormous and persistent, so if you build a house somewhere, when someone else is playing the game, they can find it (and pick the locks and steal your stuff). Check it out if you're into that sort of thing: http://people.umass.edu/jvight/3059/
author=Hexatona
Other than that, I've been playing 3059 again. It's a roguelike that doesn't get a lot (read: any) attention, but once you get the hang of how the interface works, and a few hotkeys, it becomes a lot easier. One of the few tile-based real-time roguelikes out there. You can fill your time making everyone like you, or hate you, taking on quests, building a house, exploring (or hollowing out) underground caves, etc etc.

There's an added bit of fun if you have multiple people playing the game. The world is hugenormous and persistent, so if you build a house somewhere, when someone else is playing the game, they can find it (and pick the locks and steal your stuff). Check it out if you're into that sort of thing: http://people.umass.edu/jvight/3059/

Is it similar to Nethack? Or something completely different? You mention other players, building houses... Reminds me of Ultima Online :) Might give it a try just to see what its about.

Anyways, I am currently playing 3 games:

Dungeon Master Return to Chaos, which is a windows version of the old DOS game. I like it, but I miss an automap feature, its a maze :D I actually think I will draw a map on paper.

Risen, the "real" Gothic 4, in which the authors went back to the G1/G2 roots, and it turned out to be great.
It has exactly the right feel, with good controls, and I like the combat and exploration.

Aaaand Minecraft on and off of course :) Currently started on a new world after the last patch, the game looks gorgeous with smooth lighting on.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 goes on hold, I find it hard to get into it more, every online player seems to be better than me :D My last fight was against button masher with easy mode, endless onslaught of combos and special attacks, which proved deadly against me, since I play on normal and I am still a noob :)
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=SmileWithStyle
author=Hexatona

Is it similar to Nethack? Or something completely different? You mention other players, building houses... Reminds me of Ultima Online :) Might give it a try just to see what its about.

It's quite different from Nethack in several ways, but it's still got a roguelike feel to it. actually, if you like roguelikes, here's a long rambling topic about them when i got here. http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/199/

In 3059, you start in a town Zone. you can explore up to 50000 zones in every direction before you loop around the planet. The further you travel from your home town, the tougher everyone is, and the harder things become. You also find additional towns out in the world, and it's easy to traverse between them with free teleporters. You also have a personal teleporter with certain useful functions, but it costs you some hp. You can make money through various ways: mining (slow, but builds strength), doing quests (you get items, some are very hard), killing people in zones that don't like you and stealing their stuff, pickpocketing, and the quickest way is to make Circuits, hack them into something awesome, and then sell them but it's fun to play around.

Your stats advance according to what you do. If you get into a lot of fights, your dexterity and stamina will increase over time, and if you mine your strength will go up. You can increase your intelligence by talking with people who are smarter than you. You can even talk people into becoming your group mates, and taking them along with you to do battle.

All in all, it's not a serious game, but it's fun to mess around in and see just how far you can travel. You make your own goals. It was real fun going back to one of the starting zones and owning them all without taking hardly any damage.
(Aside: the guy also made a sequel game, 3069, and it's in 3d, but I personally feel like it's a step down)
Minecraft, just started! Its really good!
Of course it is! Who wouldn't like Minecraft?
I've been playing quite a bit of STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl over the last two weeks (15 hours according to Steam). Walking back and forth in a world that is incredibly awesome. I'm not sure exactly how far I've come so far but I've seen some freaky stuff I never got to see in Clear Sky.

And a lot of underground. Now I just need to find a sniper rifle somewhere. I have even been saving up sniper rifle ammo for when I can find one and just climb up on top of some building and snipe dogs all day long.

author=Ark

And by roommates do you mean you live with your mom?
author=Ravenite1
author=Ark

is this supposed to be a joke or something. if so, it's in pretty bad taste.
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
author=Ravenite1
author=Ark

Good one buddy, where did you get that joke. The toilet store?