WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I take back anything good I said about Back to the Future the Game. It has sOme pretty glaring continuity errors. In 1955, the DeLorean was struck by lightning causing a time ripple wherein a replica DeLorean was created. So why wasn't it there in the 1955 of BttF Part 2?
The DeLorean uses an automatic retrieval system to ensure the time machine doesn't get stuck in the past, causing irreparable damage to the timeline. Fine. How does Doc Brown's tape recorder end up in there and where did Einstein enter the vehicle?
Why did the time vehicle appear after the first three films instead of 1985 when time travel first took Place?
And lastly, the most important one; how did the DeLorean with the garbage fueled Flux Capacitor end up in the future? Unless it was the DeLorean from the 3rd film, in which case it would have elevated 50's tires. Anyhow, the DeLorean that arrives is the second film's. As soon as I noticed this, a revelation of multiple continuity errors popped up, and when I watched a friend play through, I noticed how terrible the graphics, modeling, animations, voice acting and dumb explanations were. When Doc explained anything he was apparently spouting more gibberish than usual, according to said friend who is also in university for math and physics, there was a math problem that Young Doc is trying to solve: apparently the solution was completely wrong.

Furthermore it is SHORT. the game is episodic, with 5 installments however it ended so abruptly after maybe an hour and a half... That I half don't care what happens next.
author=Ravenite1
author=Ark
I did it, I finally bought MineCraft. I hope this game lives up to all of the hype.

Edit: Well fuck, scratch that. Apparently my roommate's computer's Radeon x600 graphics card doesn't support openGL.
And by roommates do you mean you live with your mom?
i can guarantee you that no one thinks you're funny

i've been playing bahamut lagoon because i've never beaten it (got like 90% through the game, then had to switch to my current computer and didn't bother copying over the data). i forgot how rockin' some of the tracks in this game are! also you can evolve the fire dragon (possibly others, don't really remember) to have infinite HP :lol:
Might and Magic 3: Isles of Terra.

Retro... yeah. So many other games I want to play from that era of RPGs. Wizardry 6/7, Eye of the Beholder games (though I hate having to create my own map on paper), MaM 4/5, Lands of Lore, some Ultima games...
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Just finished Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep for the PSP. Yeah, I know, I'm late to the party.

While I consider this one of those "side titles" that doesn't really matter if you play to "get" the whole experience of kingdom hearts continuity, I would place this one at the top at the pile. Like most of these "side titles" it is mostly self contained, answering questions it poses itself while tying up one or two slight loose ends from the main series that aren't that important. The difference here is that the content and fun of the game far surpasses that of any of the other "side titles".

True, the number of worlds is small, but you go through them three times (one as each character) and see different pieces of each story each time. You may say this is just meaningless fluffing, but it keeps you from being on one world for too long at a time - also, most of the worlds are completely new (or new enough) which is a nice change from the same old world rehashes. As for each character's stories, I'd say Aqua's (the last) is the weakest, since the story is mostly about the first two characters. Aqua is very likable though, and probably the best voice acted.

Gameplay-wise, while the enemies are few in variance, the combat system is top notch. This is probably the best combat system the kingdom hearts series has ever had. You have so many "slots" to place commands, and after you use one, it takes a short time to reload. After you defeat enough enemies, the commands "level up" and you can fuse them together to create something new or more powerful. you can also add synthesis items into the mix to add on passive abilities like "HP PLUS" "COMBO PLUS" or "ONCE MORE" to you keep permanently once that ability has reached max level. If you know what you're doing, you can create game breaking attacks before you even get to the first world. Really challenging bosses too - button mashers won't last long, even at the beginning. Yes, random mooks can school you if you're not careful.

What surprised me the most when I first started playing was the "Command Board" minigame that you have access to whenever you can save. It is basically monopoly, but with special abilities. You have a set of cards (up to 5) that are the commands you own. By placing them on squares you land on, you can level them up in the actual game (even if you lose). Or, you can use them before your turn starts to cause certain effects, like having multiple dice, or stunning your opponent for a turn. It's really quite fun, and you can spend hours playing it if you want. There are also "bonus panels" on these boards that have commands already on them - if you land on them and buy the space, you get the new command in the game (even if you don't win). Some really good ones are available on the first board, which even has a few squares that let you land on whatever space you want. Each board has a whole new dynamic, and strategies on each are very different.

Finally, presentation-wise, this was a top notch title. Great voice acting, graphics, no slowdown (that i noticed), and the story was pretty good too. Neemoy and Hamill were welcome additions to the voice cast. All the new characters have a good amount of screen time and seem well fleshed out.

Oh, I didn't really mention it, but there are many ways to play the game "online". Either through the command board, teaming up with others to fight Arena bosses, or a racing game I didn't play a whole lot, but is also well done.

Anyway, just wanted to say it was a top notch effort - well done Kingdom Hearts Team.
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythologies. It's fun to see some old characters like Chester and Archie from tales of phantasia e.t.c
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=Emanzi
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythologies. It's fun to see some old characters like Chester and Archie from tales of phantasia e.t.c

I got a little ways into it, but didn't realy like the dungeon mechanics.
I'm trying out Rift, that new MMORPG. It's a lot like WoW, only everything in Rift is better except the music (which is oddly shitty).
Speaking of minecraft, that server that I'm actively coding that I mentioned earlier in this thread has been moved to a different domain, now that we've launched a second server.

minecraft.rawcritics.com - Is a new (launched a week ago) PVP/Survival server with a 10,000x10,000 block world with interesting terrain from my custom world generator. (has such fun things as an equator with realistic temperature distribution, and rivers!)

oldworld.rawcritics.com - Is primarily a build/roleplay/do whatever you want server where health and death are optional
I was playing on there, but I was killed and my house raided while I was dead. The distinct lack of trees on the island meant that I couldn't get any wood quickly and I cba with starting a new base.

Simply put, expect me back in a few weeks, finding somewhere new to build a stupid little base that's hardly protected xd

Also still playing Etrian Odyssey, and I'm up to the 4th Stratum! Took me three tries to beat Cotrangl, but only 'cause I was trying to keep my entire party alive throughout the fight and one of 'em would die as the boss had about 5-700 HP left.
i'm currently playing

wild arms 4: you know the story, kid gets awesome power, a evil army wants that power to rule the world blah blah like most anime blah blah lol. but i still enjoy it, it's got charm and you actually get to liking the characters, but got kinda bored since i can wreck havoc on the main enemys but when it comes to the bosses at the end of each stage i win by the skin of my teeth.

final fantasy 12: well what can i say that hasn't allready been said, constant deserts, more wolfs then you can shake a steak at and thats not even counting the wolfmen and wasted jar things on 1 gil, yeah i'm gonna put a dollar bill in a treasure chest, MY SACRED TREASURE OF 1 DOLLAR GOT'A KEEP'ER SAFE! makes perfect sense
the license system was a bit confusing but once you understand it it's decent, and i like how they took most of te gameplay out, set up some gambits and walk around, FINALLY A GAME FOR THE SEVERELY LAZY

MGS3:Snake eater: what can i say it's awesome, and since its my first MGS i'm playing it on easy, i notice the lack of challange but least i can feel like a badass as i learn the controls but i see myself replaying it more then once

JAK2: way different then the first game, i'm a bit mixed about it, i'm not a fan of the gta-like city and use of vehicules since they are a bit odd as far as flying them around since most of the air space and ground space is flooded the ppeople and other vehicules and the guns are a bit shotty but again i just started playing it so i might get glued/better as i get more missions out of the way

ratchet and clank 2: kinda the same feelings as jak 2 since it just throws you into the game, the camera is a bit sluggish for when i'm trying to look around but once i start playing for a lil more i'll get glued ^_^

yeah i got alot on my plate and 2 others i left out is onimusha 3 and sly 2

(catching up on games i missed out on if you havn't noticed)

Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
what a coincidence, I slipper MGS 3 back into my PS2 last night after leaving it for a while.

Took me a while to get back into the swing of things, though :P
yeah, i'm starting to get the hang of things with the transition from third to first person veiw becuase it screws me up a bit
i just beat the pain and got to the cutscene to wherethey introduce the end
and i tried the glitch to kill him as they wheel him away but no luck but i did get spotted and ambushed

still learning the cqc moves though
cant wait till i'm better then play it on a harder setting to where i have to sneak and not run up on people like im wolverine
Okay, I finished Disgaea DS. What should I play next?

My choices are:
FFIV DS
DQIX
Wario Ware DIT
Blue Dragon Plus DS
Lunar Knights DS
author=kentona
Okay, I finished Disgaea DS. What should I play next?

My choices are:
FFIV DS
DQIX
Wario Ware DIT
Blue Dragon Plus DS
Lunar Knights DS

DQIX.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Darken
DQIX

I am playing Dungeons, Final Fantasy VI and random flash games.
I am also playing FFVI on my PocketPC via an emulator. (when I am at work pooping or waiting for my PC to boot up).
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
re:FF12

yes, because allowing you to build AI for your party members to not be standing around like assholes while you hit pause every 2 seconds to give orders is 'severely lazy'
author=kentona
I am also playing FFVI on my PocketPC via an emulator. (when I am at work pooping or waiting for my PC to boot up).

this is very cool.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar