WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Just finished Dragon Age 2. I was a male warrior Hawke, incredibly sarcastic and snarky, and I romanced Merrill. Clocking in at 38 hours, the game lasted me longer than my first playthrough of Origins (which was 37 hours).

I don't care if the internet hates the game. Having loved Origins, I enjoyed Dragon Age II. I did enjoy Origins a bit more, though.
I played Puzzle Bobble at the arcade earlier. That game is so good I can play for hours. I will probably play some more later.
author=Crimson_Legionnaire
Just finished Dragon Age 2. I was a male warrior Hawke, incredibly sarcastic and snarky, and I romanced Merrill. Clocking in at 38 hours, the game lasted me longer than my first playthrough of Origins (which was 37 hours).

I don't care if the internet hates the game. Having loved Origins, I enjoyed Dragon Age II. I did enjoy Origins a bit more, though.

Ditto. Just on my second playthrough now as a heroic 2h warrior romancing Isabella. Last time I was a mage, a lot of people said they were gimped but they still felt incredibly powerful (Gravitic Ring+Pull of the Abyss+ Firestorm/Tempest+Paralyzing Hemorrhage= Battle over).
author=Crimson_Legionnaire

ya i'm 33 hrs in and getting pretty close to finished. it helps that sidequests are less of a bitch to do than in origins because it doesn't take a year to swing a greatsword
DA2 sword and shield is WAY too boring for me though, I might be doing it wrong but I do relatively no damage and just sort of get people to hurt me. I know that's what tanking is, but I still hate it. Better than Origins sword and board though.
it seems like aveline is a better tank than hawke could ever be, really

lol fenris' real name is leto

time to make kwisatz haderach lovechildren

murder me please
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar

For those of you interested in knowing whether or not my Esper Configaroation run is going well, I'm quite enjoying myself. All it takes is half an index card to play (the other half is reminders on which of Mog's dances can heal and Sabin's blitz combos), and you're not cheating yourself out of any of the game's systems.

Ultima Weapon was challenging my first attempt because my healing came from Hi-Potions, Terra's Cure and Sabin's Chakra - which was enough to get me through to Ultima Weapon, but made his half-way point barrages tough to recover from. I eventually used Phantom and Zona Seeker (invis all and shell all) to help protect me, and Strago was on item duty and pitched in some Aqua Breath when he could.

Shadow's Gravity/Death were terrific on the Floating Continent. I think he's my favorite Configaro'd build - he gets his shuriken and scrolls, as well as bio/gravity/death. Right now, his normal attack deals ~400 and Bio deals ~900, shuriken deal ~1,200... but I prefer to use his MP to Gravity big brutes in normal fights.
Trying to find the time to beat Mass Effect 1 before buying ME2 for the PS3. ME sort of ruined JRPGs for me since the writing is so good that trying to play something like FF13 and its "faux french wtf are they talking about lets save the world with a chocobo in my afro" story, dosnt have the same charm it used to.

NO. >:(

the GBA's sound chip is better than this? isn't it?
Craze
stonebro, I use a hack that improves sound quality.
oh, interesting. do you know the technical details?

all i need is a graphic and text hack and we're all set
Craze
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/657/ Sound - looks like it just uses the SNES music.
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/576/ Text - what I'm using in the above screenshots
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/718/ Woolseyifier - I don't use this, because I'm playing the GBA version to see what's different

The one link to a color restoration patch I've found is lost and the creator is dead or something.
oh right. i wasn't sure of the technical specs of the GBA sound chip but that's exactly what i would've done.

either that or done this http://rpgmaker.net/users/geodude/locker/dancing_mad_ff8.it
Is there a patch that fixes the stuttering frame-rate whenever you use a spell?
Is there a patch that fixes the stuttering frame-rate whenever you use a spell?
yeah, a big yellowing plastic one
author=cho
it seems like aveline is a better tank than hawke could ever be, really

lol fenris' real name is leto

time to make kwisatz haderach lovechildren

murder me please

Actually my 2her is turning out to be a pretty decent, it works out if you build them carefully. Since they hit so many in one attack they can manage crowd control a lot better then Aveline can.
author=Maxximum
ME sort of ruined JRPGs for me since the writing is so good
lol

anyway i just beat my first playthrough of DA2 yesterday, 48 hours on hard mode, did basically everything available to me as far as sidequests and companion stuff, fell like 10 points short of the "4 friends/rivals" cheev though (thanks varric). isabela and sebastian both ended up not being in my party which is okay because i never used them anyway

started a second playthrough as a mage, this time on normal so i can just sort of rip through everything and feel like jesus (#swag). going to hold off on nightmare until a bit later
Yeah so Dragon Age 2; I guess that thing that merger made Anders an annoying twat. Also, on a particular conversation it's either flirt with him or gain rivalry points with him. I liked him better before.
wait until the end where he really gets annoying!!!! also replaces his coat with a black one lol

still the best companion in the game, ability-wise