WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

author=Hexatona
Xenosaga and Xenosaga II made me realize I'm not a JRPG fan as I had originally thought - I'm actually an Action JRPG fan. Tales Of, Kingdom Hearts, shit like that.

I was kinda sad when I realized this, but moved on quickly. Don't get me wrong, I still like JRPG's, but Action JRPGs are the only ones able to hold my interest in battles long enough for me to complete legitimately.

man, for me the novelty of shit like the tales games wears off too fast to finish

i pretty much don't finish rpgs that aren't turn-based

i pretty much don't finish games that aren't rpgs

i didn't even beat vanquish and that game is literally 5 hours long
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I think that's so interesting and awesome that people can be so polar in their opinions on what makes a good rpg.

I mean, there's the "I play for the story folks", "I play for the game atmosphere, worldbuilding" , "I play for the gameplay folks", "Turn-based folks" "turn based real-time" and "action real-time button mash" "Action diablo-ish combat", "I play for stats and math", "I play for character interations, or romance", "I play to break the game", etc...

I'm just really surprised at the amount of variance in the rpg realms. I guess the question "Why do I play RPGs" can have a pretty big answer.
Finally defeated the Blue Dragon... after more than 500 strength-enhanced arrows.
That was just tedious and slow. So I finally reached the boss. The battle doesn't seem too bad- WHAT, HE CAN STEAL MY SOUL LEVEL!? C'MON!
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I've been hooked on playing Fallout 3 again recently.
I think I can just fuck around in that game forever.

I need to get New Vegas, I just REALLY hate buying games for xbox360/game systems.
Although I know it'll be worth it, after I played a tid bit of the game. but still...
i'm cheap
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
I am a Vampire and I just fought a Street Shark.
Ah. :3 I think I'll fit in here seeing what people have wrote.

Anywho--let's see...

Pokemon Black Version - My fiance and I just bought a DS for ourselves and well, it came down to Golden Dawn or this and since I haven't played a Pokemon game since Silver on the GBC, I decided to take a chance and let me say...it's...different from what I remember. That and some of the Pokemon are...well...oddly named and look like what their named like...Lampent. Or....Trubbish. Or Vanillite....

Overall, enjoyable so far. In two days since having it I'm ready for the Elite Four.

Also playing:
Tactics Ogre - PSX
Final Fantasy - PSX
Persona 3FES - Ps2
Final Fantasy IX - PSX

And as a filler I'm playing Warriors Orochi 2. Eh, we all need a game where we mindlessly press a button or two to kill thousands of demons/chinese/japanese pixels.
Oh, also for mindless relaxation:
Serious Sam First Encounter

Funny situation:
* 1 Headless Kamikaze comes running after Sam, screaming : AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...*
*Sam shoots him*
Sam: "Go AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA yourself!"
*An army of headless kamikazes appears*
Sam: "Oh-oh...."

This game is classic.
author=SmileWithStyle
Oh, also for mindless relaxation:
Serious Sam First Encounter

Funny situation:
* 1 Headless Kamikaze comes running after Sam, screaming : AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...*
*Sam shoots him*
Sam: "Go AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA yourself!"
*An army of headless kamikazes appears*
Sam: "Oh-oh...."

This game is classic.

That game was nuts. And funny.
author=Alrubedo
In two days since having it I'm ready for the Elite Four.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism
author=cho
author=Alrubedo
In two days since having it I'm ready for the Elite Four.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism

Say whaaaaaaaaaa? Nooooo waaay. lol
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Woah, this is kinda creepy. When you play Final Fantasy VIII there is a scene where you can come near a television that's active despite the as-of-yet-not-discussed radio interference.

There are actual words in there. From SPOLERS Sorceress Adel /SPOLERS.

here's a description from another site:

During the game when you visit Timber, you will see that its TV Station keeps its radio systems intact, waiting for the day radio transmission is restored. You will also see something on a big tv screen with lots of static interference covering it.

FORGET ABOUT ME I WILL NEVER LET YOU FORG
BRING ME BACK THERE I AM ALIVE HERE BRING
WILL NEVER LET YOU ABOUT ME BACK TR I WILL N

It's Witch Adel in space trying to communicate. "I will never let you forget about me. I am alive here. Bring me back there." The rest is the first two lines jumbled up.
true. read it and HAVE NIGHTMARES
I'm REALLY getting into RED DEAD REDEMPTION lately!
Got my 3DS today, along with Samurai Warriors: Chronicles and Rayman 3D so I'm playing through those aswell as Pokemon White still.

As for the 3DS, the 3D is pretty cool, and hasn't hurt my eyes, even with extended use. There's been a few people at my Uni who've said they don't like it, but I do, so fck 'em.
Not played with the AR stuff yet, only real none-game thing I've done is create my Mii and test out the street pass stuff thanks to one of the people on my course having gotten one as well.
I started a new game of Demon's Souls after I quit halfway through back in January-ish.

Adjudicator is kicking my ass... for some reason I owned him the first time around but now I can't even get a hit in before I get licked to death by that evil tongue.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Saints Row 2: I found out I needed a console controller. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
System Shock 2 and Warhead... i want crysis 2 badly :<
author=benos
Saints Row 2: I found out I needed a console controller. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I don't know if that means you're playing it on PC or not.

But if you are, read this thread. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3397530
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Just got Final Fantasy 3 on my iPhone, and thoroughly not impressed. It's a good port from the DS since the dual screen crap was entirely unnecessary, but the problem is they replaced the font with this extremely gaudy font. Really looks odd and stands out. Also the battle menu is a little obtuse, I'll have to make sure auto-battle is off: one big downside that was present on the DS as well, is you cannot turn up the battlespeed!!! This is incredibly dull! I hate that in jRPGs.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar