WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Just beat Kirby Triple Deluxe last night. I found King Dedede to be harder than the final boss, but it was all still pretty epic.
Currently trying out Symphony of the Origin on Android.

Its not bad and its fun to play when I have some free time. My only complaint is that the normal difficulty is a bit too easy so far. I can put the battles on Auto and the characters will even heal themselves.

If anyone knows any good mobile RPGs I would be interested in hearing your suggestions.
Is Symphony of the Origin one of the million-zillion Kemco RPGs currently on the market?

I hear Chaos Rings is a decent Mobile RPG series. I cannot vouch for it myself, as I find playing games on my Android phone to be too much of a hassle. It's made by Media.Vision, who developed the Wild Arms games back in the day.

I spent most of my weekend playing the newly-released Tales of Xillia 2. Yeah, it's not fantastic. Battle system is as fun as ever, and I expected the recycled content, but every time the plot seems to be getting interesting and daring, it plays it safe and goes in a lighthearted direction.

The new main character doesn't have much rapport with the old cast, and it seems like they're just sort of tagging along with shaky motivations for doing so, rather than really having a reason to join him.

Still, it has an obese cat, and I love an obese cat.
I been playing Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars as of late, grinding all my 61 children to level 30+ and finding out new team skills before entering a new dungeon. Which takes hours. Which I already got 81 hours in it, and haven't made it to the last chapter yet.

Also, been trying to make the heroines happy by doing their side-stories and improving the relationship.
author=nurvuss
I hear Chaos Rings is a decent Mobile RPG series. I cannot vouch for it myself, as I find playing games on my Android phone to be too much of a hassle. It's made by Media.Vision, who developed the Wild Arms games back in the day.

I spent most of my weekend playing the newly-released Tales of Xillia 2. Yeah, it's not fantastic. Battle system is as fun as ever, and I expected the recycled content, but every time the plot seems to be getting interesting and daring, it plays it safe and goes in a lighthearted direction.

The new main character doesn't have much rapport with the old cast, and it seems like they're just sort of tagging along with shaky motivations for doing so, rather than really having a reason to join him.

Chaos Rings is a really good RPG on the phone, although there isn't much content and it is bloody easy. It's also pretty pricey.
It's probably one of the best games on the mobile network... although considering most games on the mobile network are pretty bad... there isn't much competition.
(if only RPG Maker games could export to the phone market :\\\)

I was planning on getting Tales of Xillia and Xillia 2, but I had my doubts ever since playing Tales of Graces with its bad storyline and terrible I-have-to-save-everyone main character. I kinda lost faith in Tales' ability to deliver, which is upsetting considering that I FKING LOVED Tales of Eternia back in the day. Would you recommend it?
Welllll... Xillia's story is better than Graces f by a long shot, but it's still...not great. It has many more likable characters, but it doesn't hit the sweet spot for me that previous entries like Destiny and Eternia managed to.

For what it's worth, I had tremendous fun with it, and I'm having fun with Xillia 2 despite my misgivings. I think Xillia 1 is pretty cheap now, so it may be worth snagging from the bargain bin. I can't immediately think of any PS3 RPGs I'd recommend over them.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Was playing a bunch of Broforce recently, really fun unflinching gameplay that is rarely frustrating. It's parodying obnoxious American Patriotism and clearing a level is called 'liberating it' and it's, yeah it's really good.

Also been playing the Warlords of Draenor beta because I hate myself, but so far it's been pretty good, PVP's at a good stage and Garrison's are awesome. Oh also my character isn't using a model older than the game's public release.

One small thing I do foresee as a problem is leveling 11 alts to 100, at this tage (only got to level 92) it's fairly linear-ish, but if that happens I'll just get one 90 to 100, then try to deviate as much from that path on the next.
I just finished Tales of Graces F and the after-story minutes ago, and I gotta say, I loved the game, both story and gameplay.
Xillia was incredible fun too, but I am still unsure if I am going to get Xillia 2, all the recycled content and "loan" roadblocks... Ah heck, who am I kidding, I will get it in the end, maybe after the price drops a bit.

Currently playing Agarest Generations of War, the PC port, and compared to the PS3 version, it is much more playable and smooth. The framerate is just sooo slow on the PS3 compared to the fast animations and load/save times on the PC. And the keyboard/mouse controls are actually decent.

It is a very niche title for sure, and the game got pretty average/bad review scores. The battles can get a little repetitive (and the game throws a LOT of battles at you, and they can take some time), but the gameplay mechanics are pretty solid and fun, especially the comboing system. It is actually very similar to Cross Edge, in which I loved the gameplay, but hated the forced party-member battles that totally messed up my tactics and required tons of grinding to get through. So far there was just one forced member battle early in the game, but nothing after that. And leveling up other characters doesn’t take that long.

Actually looking forward to the Record of Agarest War 2 port to PC, if it fixes the horrible framerate issues the game had on the PS3, I will definitely play it.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Orcs Must Die! 2, Hearthstone, League of Legends, replaying Portal 2. And lots of Civ V.

This will all change tomorrow evening when The Sims 4 comes out, ofc.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Playing a lot of Skyrim as of late.

Is it me, or does this game do a really good job at making you feel like a douche? I've inadvertently taken a quest to get involved with the Thieves Guild where I threatened the lives of people's families and destroyed valuable belongings just to get them to pay their debt. I also didn't realize joining the Stormcloak rebellion meant completely taking over Whiterun, who I already had good terms with (even named Thane and everything) thanks to earlier quests, and kicking out its Jarl. Heck, the Jarl actually called me out on my backstabbing nature.

I'm not used to games with this level of attention to detail, man!
If you continue with the thieves guild quests, you'll get to redeem yourself.
That's great about joining the rebellion, though! I steered clear because I was afraid of what it would affect. I might have to go back and pick a side.
I finished South Park: The Stick of Truth a few weeks ago. I really like the idea of using environmental hazards to take out enemies without a fight.

Now I'm playing Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment. Apparently, this is a remake of a PSP game, where they put made an extremely OP bonus dungeon and made it available from the start of the game. While this makes it easy to grind and beat the main story, beating the bonus dungeon itself will be quite challenging.
I'm currently playing Rogue Legacy. It's a fun game. I also play some Touhou every now and then. Video of me beating the last boss on normal mode: (After so much frustration, tears and... other bad stuff)

I just completed Corpse Party: Book of Shadows.

It ended with a panty-shot, followed by a woman's head exploding and the words "to be continued".

Not by me, it won't. Fuck this franchise.
BizarreMonkey
author=nurvuss
I just completed Corpse Party: Book of Shadows.

It ended with a panty-shot, followed by a woman's head exploding and the words "to be continued".

Not by me, it won't. Fuck this franchise.
I'll assume this isn't the same franchise by Heroluka that I've done a couple reviews on, but what inspired it.

I go to the first time I game over, which doesn't take long because I'm bad at instinct games.

Dat literal mindfuck tho.

author=soniX
I'm currently playing Rogue Legacy. It's a fun game.
That downwards slash, tho!!!

I played it for a while before realizing I'd just be re-rolling every fucking character until I get a mage with ADHD and Dwarfism (small hit box, fast movement).

Me? I'm about to go play WoW a little, but I played a bunch of stuff recently since I've been in a bleached mood. Got back into Cubeworld temporarily.

Also lost net for a while, so I tried out a Wii-U exclusive, Wonderful 101, truly amazing game.

Too bad the required Wii-U controller is an astonishing piece of shit. Whatever faith I had left that the Wii-U might have lasting appeal died last night.

Platinum please just go back to Playsation or better yet, PC. :(

Consoles please stop being terrible and just give in the PC master-race already. You are no longer relevant.
author=soniX
I'm currently playing Rogue Legacy. It's a fun game. I also play some Touhou every now and then. Video of me beating the last boss on normal mode: (After so much frustration, tears and... other bad stuff)

Now try it in 333DDD!!!

- - -

I haven't done a huge amount of playing lately.

I beat stumbled my way through Deadlight. Fairly boring game overall, but it had some pretty hilarious (and sometimes frustrating) glitches. Tripping over a barrel on the other side of a fence FTW!

Also wrecked the gaming budget a bit last month getting Cotton 2: Magical Night Dreams. The prices weren't so bad when I first got my Saturn, but just two months later and they jumped up by about 20 dollars! The game is charming and quite unique, but also absolutely brutal.
BizarreMonkey
Played an RPG maker game called Dubstep RPG today, it was pretty funny-- though I feel I may have departed with a few of my brain cells.
A bit of Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition on my PS3, a bit of FFTA2 on my 3DS, and WAAAAAAAYYYY too much Hearthstone. Sooo addicting, even though I lose so much. For a F2P game that really can be played without spending any money, it is great, and the classes are varied, not to mention all the types of decks you can build. Feels good when you put a deck together and then roflstomp someone with it. And then someone totally outplays you, so you go back and rethink/optimalize the deck, and do it again, and again..... and again....

...I might be addicted.

EDIT: I finally tried out KSP. Oh my god, that feel when you get your first rocket into orbit (and have no fuel to get the poor kerbal back home)
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I've been on a sort of Final Fantasy V (SNES) binge recently. I'm now on my way to the Quicksand Desert Pyramid to grab the blue magic spell Condemn that I didn't take from Exdeath because when he used it in battle it hit my white mage who was subclassing !Blue to give me access to white magic healing and prime blue magic spells like White Wind and L.3 Flare and I wasn't about to restart the battle over and over until he hit one of my two blue mages because I knew I could grab it later and I, regardless of how much I love Exdeath's Castle, just wanted to get it over with.

After that, I'll be back on track with grabbing all blue magic spells, which has been no small task seeing as I had to level up jobs I had no interest in (such as Mediator for !Control and Chemist for !Combine) to get spells like L.3 Flare.

But man, I tell ya, having access to spells like Aqua Rake for World 1's Black Flames and L.5 Doom for World 2's Bold Manis were grinding lifesavers.
I'm juggling so many games right now lol. I know what I must do know.

Firstly, right now I'm jumping between FF9, Chrono Cross, Rune Factory and Legend of Mana lol.

I have that pattern though, I have 4-5 games on the go at once until I find one that I get hooked on. I WAS hooked on the Suikoden series. I beat 1 for the first time (I played it before, but never complete it), replayed through 2, and played and beat 4 for the first time. I started 5 before, but didn't care for it, but I made a promise to myself that I can only replay 3 once I beat 5 (2 and 3 were always my favs, 4's a worthy rival now though). But as a break, I decided to pick up Suikoden Tactics to try since it takes place directly after 4. I got right into it, but then found it got a little too repetitive. I really want to progress the story, but at the same time the battles were getting tedious so I lost interest in it XD Then I got to wondering... Do I troop through Tactics or just skip right to 5? I was so stumped that I dropped the series and start game surfing again lol.

Thank you topic, I now realized what I must do. Suikoden Tactics!!!