WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
FINALLY playing SMT: Nocturne! It's one hell of a journey so far - walking around as a half-human half-demon thing with nothing but demons and human SOULS for company is the best thing ever. It's the first time I've played a jRPG with so little going on in terms of story and I have to say I'm really enjoying the change so far.

My main issues with the game are fake difficulty (as with any SMT game that I've played) and lack of MP-restorative items - I'm not a fan of conserving MP through entire dungeons, and even less of having to devote skill slots to stuff such as "Mana Drain" which, in all honesty, isn't even that effective.

Oh, also, I'm playing a shedload of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 these days. In case any of y'all wanna beat my ass, my PSN ID's Soul_Hacker_999
I'm currently playing Tales of Xillia 2 and Destiny. And I have Hyrule Warriors just sitting there on the shelf, waiting to be played, but... I hate to have so many games going at once.
Mobile: Marvel Puzzle Quest, Injustice mobile, & Asphalt 8. These are mostly during downtime at work or commute to/from work. Also have some SNES ROMs but haven't played that in awhile for some reason. Last one I was playing was FF3. I for some reason get to random points and just stop. By the time I get the itch again I forget where I was and what I had done so far and start again.

Console: Even though I have games that I have not beaten yet for several consoles I currently don't have any consoles. Hope to change that come Black Friday. Hoping to buy a Wii U and PS3 bundle. Still undecided on whether to get a Vita or the New 3ds XL (if it comes out in the states before then). Also getting a PS TV as well.

I think I'm going to have eliminate sleep from my daily life. Lol
I've been playing Wasteland 2. It's the Fallout 3 we never got. So amazing.

So far that is. I'm like ten hours in.

The amazing thing is that, with its faults and all (it has faults) it's exactly the game I hoped it would be when I backed the Kickstarter all that time ago.
Playing some Costume Quest 2 right now. The setting, visual style, jokes, characters etc are still as good as in the first game. The combat on the other hand...boring and tedious again. :/
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. Oh man. It's great to be able to Smash anywhere, anytime. Smash in bed. Smash in the bathroom. Smash at work. Too bad the game is a battery vampire.
Yellow Magic
Smash Bros was sold out in all three video game stores I've been to #FML.

Meanwhile, STILL playing Nocturne. Turns out full-time work really does impact one's gaming schedule. :(
I don't usually preorder games, but I knew that Smash would be sold out (and it was), so I made sure to place my preorder well in advance. And today I liberated another $100 from my wallet for the Wii U version. I'm gonna be poor soon!
The Wii U version is $100?!?!?
Gotta get your Mario skylander if you want to play in the serious leagues man!

just kidding everybody knows you need the Fox skylander for the serious leagues
I'm pretty sure it's $60 for the game alone. I got the version bundled with the game, the GameCube controller adapter, and that Smash-branded GameCube controller. You know, because Smash Bros. can't be played on just ANY controller, and the million other GC controllers that I own aren't good enough.

ALSO: Fuck amiibos. I will NEVER EVER in a million years pay any amount of money for a freaking Mario Skylander.
South Park: Stick of Truth. A lot better than I thought it'd be, haha.
The GC controller is the worst controller I've ever used. And yes I had an N64 and Atari 2600.
author=kentona
The GC controller is the worst controller I've ever used. And yes I had an N64 and Atari 2600.

I personally can't wait to go back to playing Smash with the GC controller. :(
I literally just got my copy of Fantasy Life for 3DS so... that~
Yellow Magic
Smash Bros is STILL sold out :( :( :(
author=Zeuzio
author=kentona
I personally can't wait to go back to playing Smash with the GC controller. :(

Same. Although I don’t mind playing Brawl with the Wii’s Classic Controller, I’m just not as good without using the good ol’ Gamecube controller. Thanks the heavens that they’re at least providing the option to use it again. (Well, for a price, at least.)

Also, I just saw some copies of the 3DS version still on display when I was in the grocery store today, so too bad you can't just send me the money, Yellow Magic, and I'll just UPS it up there for ya.

I'm personally waiting for the Wii U version to come out and getting that one instead so the entire family can beat the snot out of each other on Dr. Wily's Castle in glorious HD. My dad's actually been training with Kirby in Brawl in the meantime in order to get himself ready and I think my mom still plans on using the stupid Wii Fit Trainer. Of course, my little brother ALWAYS uses Fox, ever since the original.

author=AlphaOmega247
ALSO: Fuck amiibos. I will NEVER EVER in a million years pay any amount of money for a freaking Mario Skylander.

I’ll probably pick up a few of them. I’ll probably just have them mostly sitting in my room for novelty reasons, even if we don’t plan to use any of them for actual play. They’re mostly collector’s toys, anyways. :)
Wow, that must be some grocery store. I work at a grocery store and the only video games we have are like... Deal or No Deal for the DS. They go straight into the bargain bin. That must be some family you have, too. My parents won't come within 20 feet of a video game.

And despite my anti-amiibo stance, I know I won't be able to resist buying a few for the same reasons as you. I have a shit-ton of video game figurines sitting on my shelves, and I probably won't be able to pass up the opportunity to have Link, Mega Man, and my beloved Robin on the shelf. But that's where they'll stay. I'll never EVER use them in a game! I mean it!

author=kentona
The Xbox 360 controller is probably my favorite, though I have no issues with the GameCube controller. Honestly, I think it's probably Nintendo's best controller (maybe second to the SNES), though that isn't really saying much. I hated the Wii Remote + Nunchuk, I don't like the GamePad, and the Wii U Pro Controller... well, that right C stick is totally in the wrong spot.
the way you have to torque your wrist to hit the B button is horrid, and you need a double-jointed thumb to hit X, and the tiny C-stick is unreachable. On a normal SNES or Wii Classic controller, your thumbjoint rests comfortably on the B button and the other 3 are quick and natural and easy to reach.

the three-pronged N64 feels more natural, and that's saying something.

The most comfortable controller I've used was the Xbox Controller S, followed by the SNES, then the Wii + Nunchuk (so nice not having to hold your hands together and cramping your shoulders!)
Yeah, why is it that the SNES - an old video console - had such a great controller? They haven't really improved on it at all - in fact, they went backwards. :/