WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

I have finally finished Pokemon X. Never really been a fan of pokemon, only finished the original GB Red version before. Great game with lots of charm, the 3D battles look really great, and the story ending actually got me a little teary-eyed. Game is a bit on the easy side though, beating 3 of the Elite Four with just one pokemon each felt.... weird. I actually lost a battle only once in the whole game, very early with some random trainer. Nevertheless, awesome game, now I want to get OR/AS.

Aside from that, I am currently playing DA: Inquisition (the biggest surprise in recent years). I bought it expecting nothing, but it is shaping out to be one of the best RPGs I played. 33 hours in, no end in sight. Still so much stuff to do. And most of it is FUN. Great party-members, I really wish the party could be bigger, I can never decide who to take with me, because of COURSE I wanna take Sera with me, and Iron Bull, and Cassandra, and Solas, and Dorian, and Cole, and Varric, and.... all of them have their awesome little (or big) quirks and personalities.

Also finally playing Persona 3 Portable again, this time determined to get to the end. There is something incredibly appealing about living a normal school life during the day, studying/making friends/attending school, and fighting monsters crawling through a dungeon at night. Game has some seriously great writing, story, and enjoyable combat to boot. Very japanese, which is perfect for someone like me :)

AND I have also been trying out Don’t Starve and failing at... not starving. And when I am not starving (rare), the game throws some other "fun" stuff at me, like standing near water and getting attacked by a herd of seals, or burning so many trees for light during night that one of those trees decided to kick my butt, fire didn’t seem to bother it at all. Very unique game, and can get a bit creepy when it is night, your sanity meter is dangerously low and the game throws a lot of strange noices and haunting music at you. PLAY IT!

PS: Also bought FF 9 to play it on my PS3, and the game feels soooo right. These old JRPGs have a strange charm to them that not many modern games seem to "get". Though it has some issues typical for some of those old RPGs, like going waaaaay too long without save-points (I once went around 40 minutes, 2 boss battles and a bunch of lengthy unskippable cutscenes without a chance to save in between, holy shit I would have been pissed if I lost the last battle). Game seems a bit on the hard side, got annihilated in a random encounter in a dungeon in which I was doing well so far. Also the loading times to enter battles take a bit too long, which really makes the game slow-paced, and it requires some time commitment (partially also due to the save-points and long story sequences). I was enjoying it a lot anyways, but I have to put it on hold, at least untill I finish DA:I. Juggling too many big games O.o
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
author=Liberty
I finally got my hands on Rune Factory 4 (it's for sale in the eShop for PAL now) so I've been sinking a lot of time in to it.

I love it.

It is a little clunky in some areas - the old Harvest Moon games know how to switch between items easily but RF still has to learn that little thing. Instead of just pressing a button and switching, instead you need to constantly go into a mini menu and scroll through all the items in your pack before equipping the weapon/tool you want. It gets a bit tedious when you're constantly scrolling between weapon/hammer/axe/watering can/etc.

That said, it's cute as fuck and I love all the bachelors and bachelorettes to bits. Currently going for Dylas (though I'm considering Leon as a possible second) though Arthur and Vishnal both love me to bits by just talking to them.

It's a pretty good game. Best thing they ever did was take the farming elements of Harvest Moon and combine them with RPG elements and a story~<3

I really liked HM for DS, but it wasn't exactly polished. How's the translation/localization? Can you be gay?
Working my way up to Dragon Age: Inquisition, by playing the first two first, with Dragon Age Origins being what I'm working on currently. I've played the first one before, but that was ages ago and I'd like to carry over my heroes/saves, even if its not a lot that carries over. Mostly because Dragon Age Origins is fun.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
author=Feldschlacht IV
Working my way up to Dragon Age: Inquisition, by playing the first two first, with Dragon Age Origins being what I'm working on currently. I've played the first one before, but that was ages ago and I'd like to carry over my heroes/saves, even if its not a lot that carries over. Mostly because Dragon Age Origins is fun.

Your files won't transfer to Inquisition. You need to do the Dragon Age Keep and fill out a questionnaire about your actions in Origins and DA2. It really sucks, but that's what you have to do. Don't worry, though, because Inquisition is so. Much. Fun once you get to it.

Rune Factory is a sort of guilty pleasure for me. It's not what I usually play, but I really really liked it.
author=Craze
author=Liberty
I finally got my hands on Rune Factory 4 (it's for sale in the eShop for PAL now) so I've been sinking a lot of time in to it.

I love it.

It is a little clunky in some areas - the old Harvest Moon games know how to switch between items easily but RF still has to learn that little thing. Instead of just pressing a button and switching, instead you need to constantly go into a mini menu and scroll through all the items in your pack before equipping the weapon/tool you want. It gets a bit tedious when you're constantly scrolling between weapon/hammer/axe/watering can/etc.

That said, it's cute as fuck and I love all the bachelors and bachelorettes to bits. Currently going for Dylas (though I'm considering Leon as a possible second) though Arthur and Vishnal both love me to bits by just talking to them.

It's a pretty good game. Best thing they ever did was take the farming elements of Harvest Moon and combine them with RPG elements and a story~<3
I really liked HM for DS, but it wasn't exactly polished. How's the translation/localization? Can you be gay?

You can't be gay yet, but you can still flirt with the same gender, tell them you love them and get their relationship high enough to have sleep overs~ It's progress. One day it'll get there.

The translation is pretty good, though. It has to be with the insane amount of dialogue in the game - each character says something new every day (there's some recycling but not too much) and there are many events that you can trigger. They even interact with each other. It's great.

Some of the dialogue can be a bit kitschy but the story so far has been nice (and in some places, heart-warming/touching - no tears yet, but I've smiled a LOT) and the characters are well-crafted. I really enjoy interacting with all of them and there's quite a few (plus extra tourists and cameos from previous games).

Frankly, I really recommend it.

Oddly enough, I've noticed that the same reactions you get as a girl from the bachelors can be gotten as a male too - this leads to some instances of unintentional romantic occurrences. Even if you don't get to marry the same gender, it's still a nice thing to see. ^.^

Hopefully the next game will allow for such a thing. Frankly, I think part of the reason they don't have it is due to the whole 'have and raise a kid' thing. It made sense in II where you actually got to play as the child eventually, but III could have swung it within the story - your main character was a monster that turned human and they could have made it possible to have a kid even with same gender.

Still, give gifts to the cute boys and girls is a thing you can do.
author=Red_Nova
author=Feldschlacht IV
Your files won't transfer to Inquisition. You need to do the Dragon Age Keep and fill out a questionnaire about your actions in Origins and DA2. It really sucks, but that's what you have to do. Don't worry, though, because Inquisition is so. Much. Fun once you get to it.

I heard about this, and it confuses me a bit. I don't mind playing the first two games on principle, because they're fun, but if these are the questions I have to fill out...

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age_Keep

...how am I supposed to remember all that, even if I played through it? That's a lot of minutiae. I thought my save files from both games get imported into the Keep, and the Keep goes into Inquisition.

I also remember reading that they're looking into being able to import save files straight up.
Craze
Liberty, good to know. Next time I see it on sale I'll consider grabbing it. Need to finish PQ though, and Etrian Odyssey V is coming... I just really like some silly cute shit every now and then.

Red_Nova

It's not too bad. You can even have Varric read your story out loud to you!

https://dragonagekeep.com/en_US/

You can import your saved character so that YOUR Warden and YOUR Hawke show up in the Keep, but yeah, you get to pick all your own choices for just about everything in DA:O/II. It's pretty neat, especially since I was able to do some stuff that didn't actually happen on my first/personal canon playthough, like keep Wynne alive and stop Kitty.

edit: MOG, you can just skip over stuff you don't really care about. Just set your romances and endings and play Inquisition. The little stuff matters some in DA:I but if you don't care, you don't care.
author=Craze
You can import your saved character so that YOUR Warden and YOUR Hawke show up in the Keep, but yeah, you get to pick all your own choices for just about everything in DA:O/II. It's pretty neat, especially since I was able to do some stuff that didn't actually happen on my first/personal canon playthough, like keep Wynne alive and stop Kitty.

edit: MOG, you can just skip over stuff you don't really care about. Just set your romances and endings and play Inquisition. The little stuff matters some in DA:I but if you don't care, you don't care.

I guess that's what I'm asking (when I search online I get a bunch of non specific hyperbole). When I do this Keep thing, does it; 1. import/use/eat/etc my specific save file(s) straight up (with my Warden and Hawke's customized appearance that I made and everything), with the decisions I made, and I get to adjust the decisions later/after the fact, or is it just; 2. Not use any save file data from the previous games at all and instead ask me a series of questions on what my Warden/Hawke probably looked like and the stuff that he/she did?
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
I agree, that's a lot of stuff to remember. It doesn't help that most of the plot in DA2 was rather forgettable. If your files do import directly into the Keep, I wouldn't know. I filled it out when the Keep was still in Beta, so perhaps that's been fixed by now? It took me about 30 minutes to answer all the questions the first time, so it's a bit of an investment.

Anyway, the Keep was implemented to accommodate for players getting new consoles. I wish I could just import my saves since I got the game on the same console that I played the others. Oh well.
Craze
No, it has a "default world state" that you edit. It only imports race/gender/class.

Red_Nova: People say the plot was forgettable and I just don't see it. Does everything need to be an epick fantasie? It was a decade-long tale of friends and family growing together and (potentially) growing apart. It's also incredibly important to DA:I's story, way more relevant than DA:O.
Is it even necessary to play the first Dragon Age? I know it's probably a stupid as fuck question but I keep hearing these great things about the second/third, and I could never get into the first.

Anyhow, I beat Metroid Prime once again when I got home for Christmas, and now I'm getting through Echoes. I'm hoping to finally beat Echoes and get through the third one, just to finish it up for real this time. I'm way overdue on this shit.

I also just bought LISA on Steam which I am super jacked to play.
Red_Nova
Dragon Age 2's plot wasn't exactly BAD, and if it wasn't a Dragon Age title, I would have said it was good. But it was just so... average. It wasn't offensive in any way (except for some jarring character design changes. Isabella, anyone?) but there's only so many times I can walk down the same half-done street before I lose my immersion. The best thing that came out of that game was Hawke, and even he/she was delegated to a few main story quests in Inquisition.

It was filler. Entertaining filler, but filler nonetheless. It only contributed to the main plot at the very end after 40+ hours of filler.

I think what really disappointed me was how the game was presented verses what the finished product was. The first trailer was an epic one-on-one fight between Hawke and the Arishok, implying that the game was going to be epic in scale and length. Well... it wasn't. At least in scale.

Maybe I'm being too harsh. If I recall correctly, didn't DA2 only have ONE YEAR of development time? Looking at it from that perspective, they did a fantastic job.
I had very high expectations going into Dragon Age 2, as well. I kept wondering when I was going to get to leave Kirkwall and go explore. And then came the realization that I wasn't leaving Kirkwall... So my first playthrough was certainly lackluster, but when I went through the game a second time, my expectations were appropriately lowered and I enjoyed it a lot more. And I played as the snarky/sarcastic Hawke, which was great.

author=Craze
like keep Wynne alive
I should've just left her dead. She disagreed with just about everything I did and would only let me do it OVER HER DEAD BODY. Which then resulted in a fight to her death.

author=Pizza
Is it even necessary to play the first Dragon Age? I know it's probably a stupid as fuck question but I keep hearing these great things about the second/third, and I could never get into the first.
No. Just know that there was a blight and your character in Origins ended it. Dragon Age 2 seems to have more impact on Inquisition, but the choices you made really don't make any difference. Just read a plot summary.

Generally, the things you did in the first two games have ZERO impact on the story in Inquisition. Your choices will impact some of the dialogue, but it's very minor. I don't even know if going through Dragon Age Keep was worth it, because the vast majority of the stuff mentioned there is irrelevant to Inquisition.
Just bought Septerra Core: Legacy of the creator on Steam 'cause it was like... a dollar thirty. I can't believe how slow I've been to this whole Steam thing! Now I'm looking up Lisa, I had no idea it was finished!

I don't know when I'll actually get around to playing any of these games though; I have tonnes of ps3 games to play, my rmn library keeps growing, and mostly I'm still playing the Sims 3 even though that game can basically go on forever.
Smash has kinda interrupted it, but I've been playing Psychonauts. Its... unique. Mechanically, its a pretty typical 3D Platformer (which thankfully doesn't REQUIRE you to pick up all the collectibles), but some of the shit you see and do in this game is just weird. Unfortunately, the version I'm playing is the PS2 version, which has an abysmal framerate and way too much loading (they have to load the file select screen ffs!). There's a Steam release, and its also available on XBLA for anyone interested.
Psychonauts can be pretty fiddly, the last level especially is notoriously difficult/annoying (so there's that to look forward to...).

I've always thought of Psychonauts as a 90s Nickelodeon cartoon turned into a videogame. It does suffer from some technical lags here and there, though it never really bothered me because the levels/characters were so strange and imaginative (with a lot influence from Tim Burton, too I think) I didn't want to stop playing.

edit: except that I did stop, in the last level XD It was too hard so I gave up, but now that I've bought it on PC I'm hoping to finish the game, finally.

Ha, glad I'm not the only one who thought of 90s cartoons while playing this.
But Tim Burton? I suppose I can kinda see it. A sort of Tim Burton crossed with a touch of "derp" (Tim Derpton?) I guess, given all these lopsided eyes and sock-puppet mouths going on.
(But the director of the game is TIM Schaefer! Coincidence?! ... Yeah, probably...)
Oh, the evil doc from Psychonauts reminds me of the doctor from Nightmare Before Christmas. That's pretty much it. There are swirly tree branches and the like but overall Psychonauts is very distinguishable from Tim Burton's stuff. Hahaha I don't know why I said "a lot of influence", I think I've read more people say that he mimicked Tim Burton than I've personally seen in the game (and after watching Re-Animator I'm like 80% sure that the coloured floating figments you collect are inspired by the opening credits of that movie).

I wish there were more games like Psychonauts... *sigh*

Just started playing Makai Kingdom: Chronicles of the Sacred Tome. I have to say that the first scenes of the game were of the funniest that I ever saw in videogames! It took me a while to adapt myself to the combat system, but I managed to get through it so far. I cannot wait to see what happens next! :D
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
A couple hours into Digital Devil Saga. How can such a cool game have such horrible dungeon design? D: