WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
author=Yellow Magic
A couple hours into Digital Devil Saga. How can such a cool game have such horrible dungeon design? D:

ironic, given your current avatar
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
I was waiting for someone to point that out...
The DDS duology get way too grindy after awhile. I got near the end of 2 before I just couldn't take it anymore. The first game was enough for me.
Kingdom Hearts 2.5

All the content in this game... jesus christ
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Still playing some Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition. It's kind of grown on me from my initial experience. I've beaten the campaign mode twice with two different classes so far, and working on my third with a Hardcore Mode Barbarian.

Playing this has kind of got me thinking, however: Is a stat-based system where you get more tools and stronger overall toxic to the game's difficulty? It feels like the early stages of this particular game is HARDER than the later stages, because by now I can basically nuke a few bosses with a combination of high-damaging CC skills (Azmodan is such a damn joke I swear), where I couldn't do so before.

I also feel like there is a class bias. My second playthrough of the game was with a demon hunter, and early game was a living hell because you don't do a lot of damage with your attacks and without your dashing skills, it's possible to get trapped by hordes of enemies and die instantly, but when I play with a melee character this whole thing is pretty moot... but I don't know. There's something about this entire game that doesn't make me like it as much as other games.
Finally beat Dragon Age: Inquisition. Did a little bit of Classic Mode in Smash... and now I'm delving into Captain Toad. Good game so far, but it's truly an exercise in sitting as still as humanly possible. The camera, for some reason that eludes comprehension, is controlled by moving the GamePad. You can also control it with the C-Stick, but the motion controls cannot be turned off. GRRRR.... GRRRRR!!!! I'm antsy. I change position on the couch like 10 times every minute! Okay, maybe I'm not that bad... but every time I move... there goes the camera!
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Cataclysm has swollen to the point where it has devoured all of the other games I've been playing. Occasionally I make it out for a bit of Far Cry 4.
DRAGON AGE INQUISITION and i'm having a lovely romance with cullen it's delightful <3

Also I'm playing so much pokemon. So much. I can't even handle how much pokemon I'm playing rn.
I love my lil Sylveon so much. ;___;
I didn't know who the romance options were when I started Inquisition, so I kept waiting and waiting for a lovely lady to show up and sweep my Inquisitor off his feet. I wound up with Dorian... ...
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
My girlfriend and I have decided to start playing videogames together. Mario 3D Land U, and LOTR: War in the North for starters.
I thought it would help strengthen our relationship to play co-op game instead of vs games or single player story games to share in watching.
However, her ex was a massive competitive d-bag who is a terrible loser and gloating winner, so she forced herself over the years to become better than him so he'd always lose and she could make him feel bad.
I play games completely free of competition (even in vs games!) And uphold the year old good sportsmanship. To me, gaming is about having fun! To her, it is about CRUSHING YOUR ENEMIES.
This has created a hostile gaming environment that I can't really be part of. I had such hopes for this!
Maybe play something you're good at that she isn't then when you win, treat her nicely. You'll be showing her that she doesn't have to be like that when she loses because you're not going to be an ass when she loses. Eventually she'll realise she doesn't need to rub it in your face.

Also, talking about it should help a bit too. Communication being a big part of a healthy relationship and all that jazz~ ^.^
I'm playing DanganRonpa 2 and having a blast. The minigames are slightly more tedious than those found in the first game, but the plot is interesting and it has a great sense of humor. The DanganRonpa duology are easily the most compelling games I've played over the past six months.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
"wound up with dorian" excuse me, everybody is destined to be with dorian

dudesoft: what about games where you can't "win"? like minecraft or ffxiv or something? i guess you said co-op games though, but there's co-op with kill counts and there's co-op to solve puzzles together. i mostly just play league of legends for my multiplayer fix so i'm not much help, but i know there are co-op, non-violent games with no competition!

personally, i'm working on gungnir: inferno of the demon lance and the war of heroes, replaying tales of the abyss on 3ds (i played it on ps2 forever ago). still have been putting off finishing transistor; maybe i'll do that this weekend while dogsitting.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
How is Abyss on the 3DS? I've wanted an excuse to replay it for a while now
It's identical--no new content, but it's Tales of the Abyss in your pocket! That's a bit of technical achievement in itself. Highly recommended!
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
well alright then

I'll have to pick it up sometime
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i tried to answer you at work but nurvuss said what i wanted to anyway. and unfortunately i had to deal with a kid who broke a ruler and started scraping his arm with it

yes it's good, still a bit laggy on the world map, but it controls wonderfully on 3ds. i'm greatly enjoying seeing the story with veteran eyes (mohs pls)
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
author=Craze
i tried to answer you at work but nurvuss said what i wanted to anyway. and unfortunately i had to deal with a kid who broke a ruler and started scraping his arm with it

yes it's good, still a bit laggy on the world map, but it controls wonderfully on 3ds. i'm greatly enjoying seeing the story with veteran eyes (mohs pls)

Oh yea, I forgot about the world map lag, ha. Also that's exactly the kind of shit I did as a kid >_>

I've wanted to give it another shot for awhile, I remember the plot spiraling out of control but the music was good and the game does such a good job of making you hate Luke at first, idk, I liked it a lot. Plus the battles were pretty dang good.
i need to stop doing that. too much coffee that day. sorry!
I just finished Mirror's Edge. Thank god that's over. I cannot imagine why the game got such good reviews, cause it's pretty pathetic in just about every area besides the non-cutscene art design. Oh well.

I'm playing LISA right now. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard at a game, holy shit. Everytime I play it something hilarious happens, and then the game immediately becomes horrifying and dark. It's really impressive how Dingaling was able to handle the atmosphere and writing so well.