WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=sinnelius
WHat's MUD?

An acronym that stands for for Multi-User Dimension, if memory recalls. I guess the best way to describe them is a text-based MMORPG?

*Edit: On topic, I started playing Privateer 2 - The Darkening for research on Myriad Cypher on a lark, and am still looking to start up some Breath of Fire 3.
author=Marrend
author=sinnelius
WHat's MUD?
An acronym that stands for for Multi-User Dimension

That'd be Multi-User Dungeon.

I still can't decide what I want to play next, although I've been thinking of getting rid of my 3DS for some extra cash... Especially now that they've released that dumb "New 3DS". What's the point of owning the damn system? There's going to be XL exclusive games AND New 3DS exclusive games now, like for fucks sake Nintendo. What is so bloody hard about making one handheld and sticking to it?
author=Craze
They're not bad at all for me, but i'm playing on my Nexus 9 tablet.

If you're looking for other good phone rpgs, try Crusaders Quest! between that and penguindrum i don't think karsuman or i got anything done on our game yesterday.

Seriously, give Angry Birds Epic a go. You'd probably enjoy it.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
pizza: ports
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I started playing Dark Souls recently. It's pretty fun! It's definitely got some weak points, but I like the combat and I like how exploring and scouting can get you information about what's around the corner so you can prepare. It doesn't feel too unfair, yet. There's the random monsters out of nowhere that can sneak up on you, but usually it's only if you forget to pay attention to your surroundings. I also like that I can randomly wander into absolute messes that I'm not ready for, and there's usually enough warnings beforehand (even if it's just a dozen blood messages that say "STRONG MONSTER AHEAD").

Also, Hearthstone.
sinn
the original sinn
author=Marrend
author=sinnelius
WHat's MUD?
An acronym that stands for for Multi-User Dimension, if memory recalls. I guess the best way to describe them is a text-based MMORPG?

*Edit: On topic, I started playing Privateer 2 - The Darkening for research on Myriad Cypher on a lark, and am still looking to start up some Breath of Fire 3.

Thanks! And whoa, breath of fire 3 was quizy... need to revisit it just for the no transition battle scene.
I'm in the end of the semester, so my gaming is reduced. A little less than three weeks, though, and it's vacation time!

My most common MMOs to play are Star Trek Online and DC Universe Online. Beyond that, I've been dallying a bit with Dragon Age: Origin, which I picked up on sale awhile back.

But at the moment, I've been playing the RGP Maker game Cryalis, in part to learn about the functionality of the software. Plus, it's easy to jump in and out of quickly when time is limited.
Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea, PSO2, and Minazuki's Treasures: ReImagine.
Craze
So many Atelier games. The only one i've played is Atelier Iris 3, and it was kinda fun although the lolis scared me away. I don't need to see 12-year-olds with jugs, really. eugh

Currently playing:

It's SO GREAT. Damn. I've been consistently impressed by the FF brand lately. FFXIII-2 was very enjoyable and a great spiritual successor to FFX-2 (as a sequel to FFXIII? eh, but whatever, i never wanted a continuation of that story so I don't mind). FF: Record Keeper has been a much much much MUCH more solid mobile game than FF: All The Bravest. It's not perfect but it's fun and worthwhile. FFXIV is the first MMO to actually suck me in, and the expansion is looking good. I lust and pine for FF: Type-0.

Curtain Call is basically a DDR game that's not JUST a DDR clone. From being able to customize my sound effects to the smooth challenge of Field Music Scenes, it has taken a genre that I don't care about and made me want to level up all my characters and master everything. The quest system is pretty cute too!

I've also been playing

It's pretty meh. The controls are okay but either I'm terrible at the game or it's just not that well-designed. I never feel like I'm making progress even if I am ticking off new boxes. It takes the appeal of something like Risk of Rain and then removes all personality and feeling of personal improvement. It's just a shitty, too-hard Symphony of the Night wannabe.

Next up is

and i am way too excited for it
I bought a copy of FF: Curtain Call from Target during its Going-out-of-business sale a couple weeks ago for $15. It is still in its plastic wrapping.
Send it to me. XD

I played the demo of it and while it's different, it's a decent casual game. I kinda suck at the second song in the demo (Jenova's song, I think it was) but the first one is good (something from FF6).
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The lolis scared you away from Atelier Iris but you're excited for an Etrian Odyssey game?
Craze
EO has chibi graphics that are cute for both genders. AI3... I'd look up pictures of EO characters at the school I work at. I'm there now. I would NOT look up the pictures of the AI3 characters at work. eughghuhg
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Craze
FF: Record Keeper has been a much much much MUCH more solid mobile game than FF: All The Bravest.
I would not actually even call FF: All The Bravest a "game." In fact the developers weren't willing to call it that either; it's officially referred to as an "app" apparently. It's basically the left side of the screen of Cookie Clicker. All the upgrade options and automatic cookies removed, just the clicking remains. And then after a few minutes it makes you stop clicking unless you pay money.
Craze
or tweet about the game. you had to tweet six times over the course of like 36 hours or so in order to get the last few party slots.

edit:

i'm okay with this

i'm not okay with this (atelier iris 3 playable loliewww)
LockeZ
Her attire does not seem functional for combat. I'm also not sure "loli" is the right word to describe a teenager with giant melons.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
author=Craze
anime

That game looks cute as heck. There's something adorable about the mix of super-detailed armor and clothes accessories with cute chibis.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
I've only played EO2 and EO Untold, but loved them both.
Craze you remind me that I'm still in land 3 of EO4 many months after getting it. Agh that stupid fire and ice puzzle dungeon.

Also I see you mentioned 13-2 but I'll withhold my comments on possibly the most poorly designed level up system I've ever seen to myself. (At least the actual game was fun to play)
Craze
EO3 is shit (music aside) but EO2 (DS) and EO4 (3DS) are both excellent dungeon crawlers. also really fucking good dungeon music

gleason: i think that you got way too much XP personally, especially during the big besieged city story dungeon. I got way too overpowered from that dungeon, it made the rest of the game a bit too easy. at least the final boss was still EPIK AS FUK -- although it might have been hard only because i loved the game so much that i suffered through it after being diagnosed and hospitalized for clusters (lasted three weeks total, paralyzed half of my face for two months, worked through the horrific pain to beat ffxiii-2)

BUT i still really liked the game and think that it's a triumph on SE's part. it's not perfect, but neither was X-2 which i also consider a solid game. both are better than their originals lol.

ffxiii-2 gets 10/10 from me soley because of Historia Crux music and the scene where

the only way to defeat the giant AI boss in the tower is to SCREAM AT HOPE UNTIL HE NEVER MAKES THE BOSS IN ANY TIMELINE. so amazing. you say "fuck QTEs" i say that they were invented for that moment