WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Porkate42
Goes inactive at least every 2 weeks
Tales of Vesperia. It's so fucking good and very entertaining. Love the characters as well (though Rita rubs me the wrong way).
Etrian Odyssey IV. Pretty deep into the game (bottom floor of the 4th stratum's dungeon), and having a blast. My party just rolls normal encounters, but bosses are a bit rough. Always a sense of accomplishment when I take one down.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
I'm playing persona 4 for the first time and i hate it already.

Get this, you get 3days in-game to go rescue someone before they get killed and you get a game over. You can enter a dungeon to level up only once everyday, so if you go in and are low on health and you don't have healing items, you have to end that day and wait for the next to go buy more healing potions and try again, if by the third day the boss kills you because you're too underleveled to take it on well TOUGH SHIT because you have no more chances to grind some more. What is this?
@Mirak: If you're talking about the first dungeon, it shouldn't be that hard, and you should have way more than 3 days. Most of the dungeons you should be able to get to the final boss in 1/2 days, 3 at most, and probably kill them on the third or fourth. That's conservative.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Yeah, I'm a little boggled at how you had less than a week to do shit, AND also didn't have healing items.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
MGSV. I can't stop. Please send help.

I don't think I've ever played a game this fun in my life.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
This is where Sailerius kills me, because after 8 hours I don't find MGSV interesting enough to play constantly. Not that it isn't a great game - it is, for the most part - but I prefer the play style of the old MGSs as opposed to this open-world stuff.

I still AM playing MGSV, but am now mixing it up with a lot of Tales of Xillia 2, SMT: Nocturne (replaying) and, as always, Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
Playing some RPG maker horror games with some friends, the games kinda suck but I like to watch because it sometimes makes me thinks "Heh, I think I know how they made that"
Unfortunately, I feel responsible to play and complete every game I spend money on, no matter how bad.

In that vein, currently playing Moonchild. The best design decision they made was including a talk function, so I can skip the damn talking and then find out what I'm supposed to do afterwards. Everything else about this game just makes me confident I could make at least sell something profitable on steam...because this game has positive reviews, and I don't understand how.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Got into the Wildstar F2P closed beta, soooo awesome!

Closest PC equivalent to Ratchet and Clank, by far. I was expecting it to not be great, but i was wrong, it's pretty bloody good, it's closed beta so you expect the UI isn't going to be polished to a mirror shine, I almost rage quit when I couldn't select a race (which meant I couldn't play the game), but I read on the forums playing windows fixed it, which it did, derp!

Boy am I glad I persevered. It's one of the only genuinely funny MMO's, unlike World of Warcraft which just shits memes and pop culture references everywhere, or like Eve Online which has no humor at all, or those weird and endless Korean MMO's that think they funny but aren't to a western narcissist like me. It's all very nicely presented, when i first played it back in its P2P phase, it made me just eager to get back into WoW.

Now I want it to outshine WoW, there's so much here, I've entered an enormous new world, and I like it. I want it to take Wow and say NO, NO MORE PEPE'S WHISTLE, HOW ABOUT YOU HAVE YOUR OWN KIND OF HUMOR INSTEAD OF JUST RIPPING OFF OF EVERYBODY ELSE!?

Like, the story and shit in wow is fine, it's obviously inspired from different universe they didn't make, but they make it their own.

Humor is another story. I think after Warcraft III they just forgot how to be funny. They did have some references, but they were passing at best, you had to search.

The charming character interaction in Warcraft III was awesome, too.

Kel'thuzad and Arthas being buddies and all conspiring against the legion and shit, it felt like they were still good guys even though most of the world saw them as evil. They never really seem to touch upon this relationship in the World of Warcraft. Kel'thuzad was probably my favourite character, he had this evil side to him, but he was also fiercely and charmingly loyal to the scourge, being complacent in his own death just to serve the soul of Ner'zhul. He was also very well spoken, being a mage of dalaran, he still had that preppy sort of scholar wit. A lot of his on click statements were very posh sounding, in their way.

In hide taggies; Quotes and also more fangirling.
"The Cult of the Damned... I need to print more brochures!"

"Hmmm, that sounds logical."

"Myes, right away..."

"A Fateful Choice."

"Is there something amiss?"

"My talents are yours!"

"I shall receive my eternal reward."

Though his exposition spiels were even better, he said in a few words that which would take some days to explains.

"I gather he suspects quite a bit, it is in his nature to assume the worst."

KT: Don't be foolish, the Lich King foretold to me of how our encounter would end.
AM: You, you knew I was going to kill you?
KT: Yes Indeed, the Lich King has had his eyes on you long before the scourge even began.

"It is a vast demonic army that has engulfed countless worlds beyond our own, now it comes to set this world... to the flame. The scourge was created to pave way for the coming demonic invasion, the Dreadlords were sent here to ensure it succeeded." ~Kel'thuzad describing the Burning Legion and the plot of Warcraft III in one fell swoop. This is one of my favorite lines from the game. The Delivery on it is so well done. If I ever get enough Money I'm gonna ask Matthew McConnohie to VA for me.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
wildstar has been around for like two years and it still sucks afaik
Gave up on Moonchild, a rarity for me...its now one of the few games on my hidden folder in steam that isn't a duplicate or demo version.

Now working through Letterquest. I love RPGs with unique mechanics.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=Rine
Gave up on Moonchild, a rarity for me...its now one of the few games on my hidden folder in steam that isn't a duplicate or demo version.
You could also refund it.

I actually caught wind of it a month ago, it looked... wow, like something really bland and generic that was too big for it's own boots. Though I was turned off by the trailer and just... everything the dev used to market it. Like, if you're going to include a review with a rating in the trailer, at least make sure it is someone of any note at all. Who is JaylsGames or Jay Is games?

The amount of pretentiousness it had while revealing so little about the game just made me like 'nope!'. I like to know what I'm in for before I spend ten dollars on a fuckin rpg maker game.

Also it had a strategy guide for five dollars as DLC, which, yeah, their choice to do, but that's a red flag with me. If you enjoyed what you played of it, cool. By all means let the dev keep the money, but if you feel betrayed or underwhelmed, in my opinion refund it.

Some would say that's cruel, I say it's your way of telling 'em they made a shit game and to try harder not to wear boots bigger than they can fit in. You didn't pay 10 dollars for a game that's half decent. You could play free games that would give you more enjoyment, you could almost buy Shovel Knight with that amount.
author=Craze
wildstar has been around for like two years and it still sucks afaik
The free to play version they've been working on looks pretty good, and now after experiencing it, I can also say it is pretty darned good. That's just my opinion, though.
Bloons Tower Defense 5.

It's far more addictive than it has any right to be.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i just beat dragon age: inquisition: trespasser and it is the best ending to any game that i have ever played. the credits sequence alone is worth the price of admission imo (okay maybe not but it is very amazing)

zach: yeah bloons is pretty good. i used to play a ton of TD, bloons was the best before kingdom rush existed
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Started playing Final Fantasy Legends aka SaGa.

I am so confused about everything, like how do you properly "level up" in this game? Why is the Shield King a total dick to me for no reason? How do I even keep track of the Mutant's EXP? Why is the mapping so atrociously bad? How do I everything?

I managed to complete the first quest to get the hero sword thing, but now I'm at a total loss as to where to go next. There is a dungeon with a bunch of encounter-triggering soldiers that kicks my ass constantly and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to progress elsewhere.
I'd recommend reading an LP or two as they go in to depth on the levels and stuff. Keep in mind the first three FFL/SaGa games are haaaaard and you can't use the FF mentality of experience = levels. For example, what you use most will be what levels up most, but you can't just go crazy with strength because accuracy (speed, I think) is important, allowing you to hit. And there are some really dickish monsters out there.

You can't go wrong with humans - they only raise their stats by using steroids but hey, everyone has their vices. What is a level? Mutants grow stronger through fighting enemies and they can learn skills by doing so - but they only have 8 slots and those taken up by armour/weapons will mean less skills for you. Their skills will also randomly change as you go. Fun times!

Weapons will have a set amount of uses, though there are ways around some (for example, fists, I believe, will get stronger as they're used, so when you get to the last fist use in a group, keep it, but get another set of fists instead and you'll be using the strongest ability of fist you can... or was it kick? Something like that.) and there are certain weapons that look great but aren't and others that look bad but are great and some that look good and are good too.

...lemme give you a link:
http://lparchive.org/Final-Fantasy-Legend-%28by-Chokes-McGee%29/Update%2001/
Be warned, this is for Final Fantasy Legend (the first one) but it's very good at explaining what things do and why. Even if you read up to where you are in the game it should help a lot. (And then read the rest afterwards because Chokes' LP is so good. He's got one for FFL3 going at the moment and it's just as good as this linked one... which is great. He breathes a lot of characterisation into the game.)
@BM: Unfortunately, I snagged it a while ago on sale, and by the time I got around to actually playing the opening sequence (which was so bad I turned it off immediately, before trying to play again soon), it was way past my refund date for it. I'm not too fussed, I've wasted more than 5$ before.

Still playing LetterQuest, but hopped over to Ikaruga to play it and...wow...that's an amazing game, but I am nowhere near good enough to play it. Finished it only because I set it to infinite continues. I play Tohou, Dark Souls, Monster Hunter...and Ikaruga is the first time I've played a game and thought that it was far too difficult for me.