WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

I hope Tales of ZestyTacos has the watermelon attachment. It was easily the best part of Graces.

author=Ratty524
Finished Megman X1 and 2 today, reminding me that good games exist.
Skip X3 if you want to keep that feeling. That game is total blandsville.
I mean, I guess it's pretty cool that they have all this optional content based what bosses you kill or not with their weaknesses, and being able to do two airdashes with a certain upgrade is cool, but man the stage themes and design are so repetitive and vanilla. A few of the bosses are a bit tough to beat with just the buster, but the rest are brick stupid and can easily be made to just ram the wall repeatedly.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
author=Dudesoft
I played them all, and am a huge fan. But there's just no set up or explanation on the in-between of MGSV and Portable Ops. Ground Zeries was just a mission if I recall. There wasn't much in the way of lead in. Unless I'm forgetting something critical, like Mother Base blowing up.
Did you not play Peace Walker? MGSV is a direct sequel to Peace Walker (it picks up less than a week after the ending, IIRC), so if you haven't played it, I can see how it would be confusing. Ground Zeroes also had some pretty big plot events despite its short length. What about the beginning did you find hard to follow?

Related: Still playing ungodly amounts of MGSV. Over 200 hours now. Please send help. I have never played a game this much before.
MGSV was a pretty disappointing game.

Been trying to play some games? Idk, played a bit of Yoshi's Wooly World and started a Nosferatu run on Vampire Bloodlines. Also tried playing Fatal Frame and managed to figure out what I was supposed to be doing based on where I've been to before. However this game is pretty boring. It's an awkward first person shooter with resident evil level design that doesn't interact with the core design of the game. I kinda wanna get through it just to see if 2 or 3 picks it up better and maybeeeeee I'll consider eventually getting 5 but fuck it I probably won't get to that til next halloween.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Sailerius: Yeah, I've played everything Metal Gear except the NES and Gameboy ones. But it has been a while since all that, and I was so disappointed by my single playthrough of Ground Zeroes I forget almost everything about it except that I ended up killing every guard present.
Portable Ops and Peace Walker are also all muddy in my head. The details are very unclear.
I know PO is not canon according to Kojima/George Lucas, so that doesn't help.

Now MGSV. I have played some more of it. The gameplay is my biggest gripe. It feels more like Call of Duty 3D-Person than MG. However, I am enjoying it. The open world experience is very different.
Gripes thus far: lack of story. Credits before and after ever damn mission. Lackluster base aspect, which feels like Portable Ops, without the ability to have three operatives in the field. Maybe that will change. Maybe not. Either way, I am unmoved thus far.
Frankly, it's feeling more like Call of Duty meets Assassin's Creed.
The collectibility crap is real annoying. Hate stuff like that. It's pretty much why I quit these new games. So much running around grabbing herbs. It's not gameplay! It's a chore!
Etrian Odyssey Untold on Classic Expert mode (build a party, not the here have an OP party), because I apparently hate myself.

Being blindsided by anything down on B14F is pretty much a sign to just restart, because I'm probably going to wipe. Everything has pierce across line moves and/or random multi-target attacks. EVERYTHING.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
I played Dragomon Hunter a bunch today, pretty okay so far.
System Shock, and Beach Bounce. And when I can get around to it. I'll play Analogue: A Hate Story again.
Kingdom: The game got patched and is now perfectly beatable even if you let a lot of days pass. I made a new attempt beat the game quite easily. Well, now that's out of the way.

Tales of Zestiria: The art style looks like a Tales game, but the writing does not. It's like they fired the monkey who wrote most of the other Tales of stories and hired someone with competence. I would go so far and say the story is actually good, at least the 2 hours I've played so far. Battles are so far just skill spam, but I feel that I've not gotten to the meat of the gameplay yet. That or I need to bump up the difficulty level.

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I totally agree, Crystalgate. I've found Moderate to be a solid difficulty level. Also, once you unlock a certain system about 5-7 hours in you'll be able to level up enemies within a region some in exchange for fine-tuning what loot drops you want.

Once enemies have a bit more HP and attack more viciously, you need to defend/evade a lot more -- both to mitigate damage and to build your Skill Chain back up.

But yeah, the writing really is well-done so far. The plot is not terribly original but the story is well-executed with great characters. Even the loli is enjoyable.

author=Dudesoft
Now MGSV. I have played some more of it. The gameplay is my biggest gripe. It feels more like Call of Duty 3D-Person than MG. However, I am enjoying it. The open world experience is very different.
Gripes thus far: lack of story. Credits before and after ever damn mission. Lackluster base aspect, which feels like Portable Ops, without the ability to have three operatives in the field. Maybe that will change. Maybe not. Either way, I am unmoved thus far.
Frankly, it's feeling more like Call of Duty meets Assassin's Creed.
The collectibility crap is real annoying. Hate stuff like that. It's pretty much why I quit these new games. So much running around grabbing herbs. It's not gameplay! It's a chore!

It is an incomplete game, as openly admitted by KONAMI itself when they released the unfinished cutscenes in Chapter 3. Even I was surprised that MGSV came out when it did, since I was sure Hideo Kojima had some really big plans with it. Personally I think it's the best MG game thus far. It's just about what I think stealth means.

Also, you don't really have to go out of your way to pick up herbs. They're just there if you have time to waste. If not, it's best to just leave the herb-picking to your staff.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
more brutal doom and nothing much else hhnnnnggg

oh yeah i have final exams this week ha

haaaah

im so fucked
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Moved onto Megaman X3 in my little marathon of the X sub-series.

... LOL! I'm still enjoying this game, but damn, turkeydawg is right about some things. The stages were okay, but didn't really stray away from the usual that much and they tend to drag themselves on for a bit too long, but the biggest blunder this game has are with its bosses.

The AI is more exploitable and moronic than the first X game. The designers seem to like mavericks that move in a back-and-forth pattern too much. Toxic Seahorse has straight-up "Toad Man syndrome" (he'll never attack as long as you keep hitting him with his weakness), Volt Catfish's desperation attack can be rendered moot by simply standing in one spot (literally) and spamming his weakness, the Blizzard Buffalo glitch, and the most boringly easy Vile fight in the history of the series, just to name a few. I thought the miniboss from Tunnel Rhino's stage had more brains than some of these mavericks.

Speaking of Tunnel Rhino, that boss started to drill through the walls and... couldn't get out. I thought it was part of his attack, but it was apparently a bug which causes the boss to get stuck within the walls of the arena, from there I just started pelting him with the buster to put him out of his misery.

Keep in mind, though, I was mostly laughing my ass off at these. I still like how the game has a crap ton of collectibles and the ride armors (except the frog (?) armor) were all awesome. Dr. Light is kind of a troll with those chips, though.

"You're already equipped with a chip? Sometimes life can be so cruel, X."
>:(
I got Hearthstone back because I love the single player campaign - Heroic is partially fun but it occasionally takes extreme luck to proceed - Instructor Razuvious in particular can often render the match unwinnable by just drawing certain cards, since he'll then 2HKO you with his Massive Runeblade.
Craze
Sated, when you get to 3 I highly recommend you play it via SNES emulator (on phone or computer or whatever). It's my favorite, and the SNES remake was GORGEOUS.

Still playing Zestiria; about 25 hours in. Still loving it.
Now that the midterm rush has ended, I decided to start Elder Scrolls Oblivion. After hearing that it's supposed to be very good, and after enjoying the hell out of skyrim after adding a few really essential mods to fix deficient areas and add a bit of immersion, I picked up Oblivion on sale, and downloaded a bunch of useful looking mods.

......Huh.

I'm...Very meh about it so far. I don't feel like I'm part of the actual world. There's nothing really interesting along the roads to new towns, which feel REALLY far apart and everything feels...way too "fake".

When I played Skyrim (even unmodded), I felt kinda like I was visiting a world with odd characters and some clunky gameplayness (most of which was fixed with handful of mods). With oblivion, I feel like I'm visiting a theme park full of actors with strict rules on how to interact with everything, with even MORE clunky gameplayness getting in the way.

I dunno, maybe it's the weightless feeling combat, the endlessly repeated NPC conversations that feel totally unrelated to what's at hand, the fact that a lot of the world looks very same-ey (pretty, but samey), even with some of the improved landscape mods.

At least joining the thieves guild was somewhat satisfying, as I had to ask around and eventually pinpoint where I was likely to find them before I got a chance to do a contest to prove I was worthy to join. Making me do actual detective work? THAT was pretty decently done. That and the "invisible town" quest was pretty neat, if short.

...Although now, having to freelance-thief to progress in the Guild is...Awkward. I thought the whole point of a "thieves guild" was for them to tell me where the "action is hot" so I can improve my already-freeelance thieving? Not go "oh hey, we have some special jobs, but first, go loot stuff from whoever, then go halfway across the map to sell it, and then MAYBE we'll give you something special to acquire". I dunno, maybe I'm spoiled by how awesome skyrim's thieves guild felt. "Quick introduction, hey here are your job-guys, talk to them, go pilfer some stuff, come back, and here's a convenient fence for any stuff you stole while you stole. Oh, and check back in the meantime for more compelling side-story bits".

I hope it "clicks" for me soon. I've heard nothing but good stuff about it (apparently, the Dark Brotherhood and Theives guild were supposed to be great questlines).
Craze
aegix ur wrong oblivion is the best

okay but seriously. here's my basic recommendations:

-SkyUI (fixes the for-console interface)
-OOO (delevels the game, hard but very rewarding)
-OblivionXP (uses fallout 3/NV xp instead of the dumbass basic system)

and whatever graphics mods you want. I don't use a lot but LoD (distant objects, like seeing temples up on the hill, adds a LOT to immersion).

I find that Oblivion is FAR more quirky and interesting to poke around in than Skyrim. Skyrim is okay but Oblivion is just chock full of bizarre quests, people, and large towns to explore. It's far less pushy than Skyrim, too, which it seems you dislike... but with OOO/Oblivion XP I think you'd find more "personal" quests/goals.

Basically, Skyrim was trying to be WOAH EPIK WAR AND SHOUTING AT DRAGONS but didn't really fulfill that fantasy as well as I had hoped... Oblivion is far superior at letting you tell your own story. Again, OOO helps immensely with this.

just my $0.02
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Super Mario Bros 3. That game's design is off the charts.
Withlove
Fangee, who crawled out of the abyss
Playing Downwell. I've played it more than I would like to admit.

It's one of my top games of the year in terms of good-feeling games, next to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Nothing revolutionary, but certainly extremely wellmade.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Alright: MGSV update.
I've been playing for a while now. Got used to the gameplay difference. Love the ability to do things MY WAY. Kinda wish there was a jump button, so I could go rooftop to rooftop in places, alas!
I'm balls deep into a mission that has now taken me three sit downs to complete. Still don't think I'm half done it. Just taking my time to ace it, and not get caught. The area I need to cover is immense, so I left my D-Horse back at the start point. Almost got caught by a random guard on the road.
It is so much like Grand Theft Auto that I can't even be bothered to make a point of it anymore. Most of my game so far has been pretty Arnold Schwarzenegger in Commando. However, when need be, I can stealth and enjoy the gimmicks of hiding or being quiet while I kill or capture team mates.
I like expanding Mother Base, that's sorta fun. More things to do there now. Before it felt like just a waste of time going home.

All in all, enjoyable to pick up and play. The fact there's basically no story leaves me severely detached from the experience too. So I don't yearn for more like with a story-driven experience. Makes taking breaks easier.