WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

benos
My mind is full of fuck.
author=Liberty
:/
Still steamed over this. See Sorey? See his DLC outfit? It's pimpin'.
See Princess? See her DLC outfit (which gets given to Red, btw)? It's fucking ridiculous.

That said, this looks bad but it was a cute scene. (Not shown - Sorey backing away in horror as the girls close in on him). I love the after-battle scenes. They're fucking cute.

(Also, you can see all their butterflies. Red's is on her shoulder, a copy of Green's, whose is also on his shoulder. I ship 'em.)

I like Red a lot, but they're pushing her as a love interest (hello 'pretending to be married in order to get past the bad guys check point' ploy) and they're pushing Edna for Mikleo in some places (the after battle scene with fire-sword lady doing fortunes).

I have now been joined by Red, Green and Edna and all have been given their butterflies. Princess lost hers. They're the only additions I've given to people.

noice.

Also playing that as well. Also The Witcher Enchanted. Can't be bothered to try and buy the witcher 3 yet.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Lightning Returns has been excellent so far. I would imagine that somebody who hasn't played the first two wouldn't appreciate it as much, but Lumina is a wonderful villain and the game itself is very fun. I recommend playing on Easy, though. The beginning days are pretty rough on Normal...

Undertale is a good game. Tsundereplanes' bombs are really hard to dodge though. :<

I'm also playing through Ara Fell Remastered, which is pretty nifty. It's far more than just a re-release. I'll be testing two other RM* games soon, too. Maybe I'll even work on my own project in the engine...
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Would you recommend FF13-3 to someone who loved FF13 but despised FF13-2? I felt like FF13 told a powerful and meaningful story with deep, believable characters, and I really liked the linearity and the combat, while FF13-2 had absolutely zero respect for anything that mattered in the original, destroyed everything that I liked, told no story at all except "the world is being destroyed by pudding" and made no attempt to be remotely coherent, and then managed to horribly unbalance the combat on top of that.
I play Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - the cool part is that you can freely reclass your units, which is incredibly helpful to make up for losses across the chapters. It also helps you adapt your units better to what you need in the current mission. The only downsides is that the cast is incredibly bland (only Caeda seems to have any personality at all so far) and the story is generic beyond belief.

@LockeZ: If you like linear storytelling, Fire Emblem is a perfect fit (unless you play Sacred Stones or Awakening, which have a world map and grinding spots), while still providing a good variety of maps and also having lasting consequences for your actions (not only permadeath, but also e.g. breakable weapons).
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
LockeZ
Would you recommend FF13-3 to someone who loved FF13 but despised FF13-2? I felt like FF13 told a powerful and meaningful story with deep, believable characters, and I really liked the linearity and the combat, while FF13-2 had absolutely zero respect for anything that mattered in the original, destroyed everything that I liked, told no story at all except "the world is being destroyed by pudding" and made no attempt to be remotely coherent, and then managed to horribly unbalance the combat on top of that.

MEDIUM-SIZED POST WITH SOME 13-2 ENDING SPOILERS

i'm gonna take this piece by piece because even as somebody with mostly reversed feelings (I don't dislike ff13 as much as you dislike 13-2, although I DO agree that it had some great characters with a meaningful story), it's not possible to just give a binary answer here.

I felt like FF13 told a powerful and meaningful story with deep, believable characters... while FF13-2 had absolutely zero respect for anything that mattered in the original

LR blends both together. While I haven't met everybody yet, I feel like it does a good job of giving us a meaty, intriguing scenario for each character. Lightning is the only character to NOT have spent 500 years as an immortal (because of the final battle in 13-2 breaking the division between valhalla and earth, the world is dying but the people aren't). Oddly enough, I find Noel to be one of the most interesting. But yeah, stuff like Snow becoming a l'cie again hearken back to the original. So much time has passed that I feel it's not a direct sequel to only one, but rather to both.

Lightning and Hope, my favorite two of the original, get a strange twist where they have their memories and some basic reactions, but have a hard time getting truly angry, elated, etc. due to Bhunivelze's (head God) influence. Lightning seems to struggle with how badly she wants to see Serah... or at least knows she should want to see her badly. It's strange and unsettling to see Lightning consistently have these internal conflicts of not comprehending her own lack of emotion, because she's always been the sure-as-fuck character. One of my favorite Lightning moments so far has been her realizing that she is okay with being murdery, even if she really isn't okay with it. (i know how bizarre that sounds)

Lumina is a better villain than Caius and Barthandelus/Orphan BY FAR. Holy shit. I love Lumina. My favorite scene in the game so far. If you can't appreciate Lumina fucking with Lightning, then you'll never like this game. I mean, she hides chests that cost your precious EP (used to freeze time and heal yourself) as a risk/reward gambit to get you killed. She's integrated into the game well; she feels like both a force of narrative and a force of gameplay.

I really liked the linearity and the combat

This game is not linear. At all. I mean, the story points themselves are set, but you're given 5 days and told to make the world last for 13. What you do from there is entirely up to you. Thankfully, the fetchquest board is full of stuff you'll get just by doing the real, meaty scenarios (they're almost all enemy drops). As far as I know, bosses don't scale based on the day, so I've been holding back on a few as I build up my stats from sidequests (it's an entirely quest-driven stat progression system, outside of equipment).

LR HAS SUCH FUN COMBAT. On Normal I still feel kinda weak at times, and wish I had played on Easy. Oh well. It's difficult to explain, but the combat is very different yet very fun. You basically get to equip any 12 abilities you want, assigned to the face keys (in clusters of 4, rotated with the shoulder buttons). I hope you're good at timing your guards...

told no story at all except "the world is being destroyed by pudding" and made no attempt to be remotely coherent

Everything in LR feels like it comes together as a whole, even if it's a bit weird and/or silly at times. The story of a world stuck mid-apocalypse is echoed throughout most of the scenarios, and the game's sub-narratives use the passing and limited time effectively. I know exactly what you mean about 13-2, and while LR is open-ended in terms of story progression pacing, it still feels right to me.

In short: yeah, I do suggest it. I can't promise you'll like it, but I'm enjoying it a lot. Just don't expect the original, because it's nothing like that outside of Lightning still running like a two-legged horse.
I'm just gonna ask this: from what little I saw of FF:LR, the combat is like FFX-2 a bit in that you change clothes/jobs on the fly in battle. It always confused me when people didn't like that because it looked fucking fun. Am I right in that that's what's going on or was I misreading it?
Kinda, you get three garbs that you can bring to battle and you can swap between them freely. The key thing is each one has its own ATB and they recharge fastest when they aren't equipped. You swap based on atb, enemies, circumstances, and when it's time to guard but for me it generally came down to two when it was time to kick butt and one when I needed to defend.

Mind I haven't played it for some time now and it/my ps3 hated each other and I haven't cared to get back into it.
Weirdly, I prefer the (overarching, what little there is of it) plot and main characters of 13-2 ( save for Mog -_-) over those of the first game.

Finished Heavy Rain a couple of days ago. Did not care for it.

With my Dragon Age bender finally over, going to belatedly complete Lightning Returns, then Nier.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats

Let's finish this.

You can't be serious...
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Completed my Genocide route in Undertale recently.
Surprisingly, I felt less guilty about the whole run and more freaked out. The atmosphere of the game really loses its charming elements and becomes hauntingly dreary. It's like I was feeling a combination of grief and bewilderment by how events unfolded, including a scene where Chara would just auto-kill Asgore without my input.

Sans is also the most trolly boss I've ever encountered in a game thus far I don't think I can ever do a run like this again because of him and Undyne the Undying.

Even so, it was nice to experience for piecing together the entire story. I actually learned why Sans acts like a lazy goofball and understood Flowey better.

Now I'm going to redeem myself...
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Ahahahahaha, aha... ha...

Anyways, I'm playing FTL!
I remember winning every game I started after a bunch of loses the first time around!
What the fuck was I doing right!? I can't beat another game outside of with the fed cruiser again (I erased my save data because I wanted to start fresh). Holy shit.
I've been on a big Pikmin kick as of late. I went back and 100%'d Pikmin 2, which felt pretty damn good to finally clue up, and tried to play through Pikmin again to no avail. Ended up getting bored with it and frustrated with some of the enemy design, so I shelved it.

Now that I'm back in Toronto I've started up Pikmin 3 again, with the aim to actually finish it this time (last time I got to the final boss and just sort of forgot about it? I do that too often). So far it's been pretty good. Not as good as Pikmin 2, but the characters are fun, the game looks/sounds gorgeous and the way they tie in Olimar/Louie/Hocotate into the plot is cool.

The only thing I don't like is the new aiming control- it's become WAY too hard to properly aim, so I feel like I'm wasting a lot of time during the day just trying to line up my Pikmin tosses- which proves to be a huge problem during the boss fights, where they expect you to aim with excellent precision really quickly. It's not really held me back thus far, but it's a big thorn in my side while trying to play.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
@Pizza: That's interesting. While the first Pikmin does suffer from clunkiness overall, I still find myself coming back to it more than the sequel. It might have to do with the added sense of pressure that comes from the day limit, and I guess I like its soundtrack better... That might be it.

I totally want to play the third game, too bad I don't know when I'll be able to afford a WiiU.
I think that yeah, the first game has a lot going for it- the soundtrack is wonderful, and the pressure put on you by the day limit creates a good pacing for everything, and really makes you come up with effective strategies for each day. I've 100%'d before, but I guess this time the linearity got to me? Like, because of the small amount of parts you need and the limited days, there's a very obvious "do this today, do that tomorrow" "best way" to do things. Well, that, and the fact that some of the enemy designs got to me when coupled with the clunkiness.

I guess I always liked the second one more because it felt larger and more open ended, but in a really good, meaningful way. The lack of a real pressure to succeed in every day and the OPness of Purple Pikmin against pretty much every enemy in the game take away from it a lot, but I find that the game has a lot more character and charm to back it up as well, which more than makes up for the lesser difficulty.

As another note, I hope they go back to the one or two captain style for Pikmin 4, since trying to manage 3 captains in Pikmin 3 is a huge headache. I always end up just leaving one of them at the ship in case I need more Pikmin or something, which again factors into the feeling that I'm losing time out of the day by not being efficient.
@Ratty524: Better do a pacifist run now.
(Undertale spoilers)
You'll get a bit more text about the fallen human if you Genocide again.

I never managed to enjoy Pikmin since I'm not very fond of games heavily on micromanagement.

Is there any game that has a deep character customization system like some of the Final Fantasies (I'm very fond of the Materia System from 7 in particular), but also comes with enough challenge that I don't put down the game after a few hours because it's so incredibly easy?
I started playing FFXIV a few days ago (I got a month sub from the Square Enix Humble Bundle they had going, which is cool). It was a struggle to get in since I don't own a mobile phone and they kind of require you to have access to one in order to log in (currently bothering brother every time I want to log in). It's pretty neat so far. I'm not really big on MMOs (at all, ever) but this one is cool.

My character is a cat-girl archer (main class), but I've recently started messing about in the creation classes so that I can make my own armour and weapons. Still got a long way to go on that front but it's just a matter of grinding out levels and skills.

So many sidequests, though! I'm in heaven~

It really reminds me a lot of Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning, an RPG with heavy emphasis on side questing, but in this case it's also the general world atmosphere that really makes it feel alike (bar the bloom that Amalur has... it's the only game in which I like the bloom effects, since it fits really well with the setting). I keep trying to roll around. XD

I found the blow kiss emoticon. It cute.

Also, my current best armour leaves much to be desired... >.<;

At least I'm cute. (showing off my cleavage again because there's very few protective clothes at my level that don't... and they're more magically protective)

But hey, at least my artisan clothes keep me covered... even if I'm missing pants and that hat is dorky as fuck and it's paper thin...

You can use Bluestacks, a PC android emulator, and install the authenticator on that so you don't have to rely on other people to play ff14.

(I am also playing ff14 but more "have been playing for months now please send help" than anything recent)
author=Liberty
Also, my current best armour leaves much to be desired... >.<;

At least I'm cute. (showing off my cleavage again because there's very few protective clothes at my level that don't... and they're more magically protective)

But hey, at least my artisan clothes keep me covered... even if I'm missing pants and that hat is dorky as fuck and it's paper thin...

If you end up keeping with the game making it to level 50, you can do a quest that lets you use the glamour system so you can customize how your character looks aesthetically while keeping the stats of your current best stat armor. The glamour prisms(items you need to use the glamour system) cost about 3-5k on the market ward on my server though :x.

Anyway I'm currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles X... I'm not enjoying it as much as Xenoblade Chronicles but I'm not to far into the story yet. I'm hoping it will get better because I'm not digging it that much so far.

My biggest gripe with it so far is that you have to use the Wii U tablet pad to look at the map, and use features like fast travel, it totally takes me out of the game whenever I have to use it, I wish it was just something I could look at on my TV screen.

Glamor prisms are easy to craft and generally not very expensive if you aren't in a FC that doesn't load the chest with them. 200 for the base prism and you can buy the rest of the mats through the beastman vendors. The real problem is you can't quick synth them so you just can't start a megastack craft and get a drink and be done when you get back. I'd imagine the prices would be way lower if you could do that.

The sub50's solution is to have a mishmash of gear you wear for story or individual content and another gearset for party content like dungeons. I did this on my first character when I got to the heavy duty tank gear that completely covered my character's head.